News

Suspected Child Abductor Confesses to Selling 3-year-old for N1,500

The Suspect, Ola Ibikunle

The Suspect, Ola Ibikunle

A suspected child abductor has been arrested by the Ogun state Police Command after he was caught by passersby trying to strangle an 11-year-old girl in an uncompleted building in the Oyero area of Ijoko, Ogun State.

According to PUNCH, the suspect, Ola Ibikunle, who confessed to have abducted a 3-year-old boy and sold him for N1,500 to a man in Sango, was handed over to operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Agbado Police Division.

The suspect was beaten by an angry mob before the arrival of the police.

The victim’s father, Segun, narrating the incident, said that he and his children were on their way to church when the abduction took place. He said because they were already late, he began to walk faster than the victim, Eniola and her elder sister, Opeyemi, leaving them behind. That was when Ibikunle ambushed the girls.

“The incident happened around 1pm on Tuesday. We had a programme in our church and we were late. Since Opeyemi is older, I thought they should be able to find their way to the church.

I had gone some distance ahead when some people called me that Opeyemi said her younger sister had been abducted. She said the abductor escaped with Eniola to an uncompleted building and she led us there. We met him holding her by the neck,” Segun said.

Opeyemi reportedly raised the alarm which caught the attention of some passersby.

Speaking to PUNCH Metro, Ibikunle said that he kidnaps children to augment his income as a bricklayer.

“I am a bricklayer, but I use child abduction to augment my wages. A man in Sango area contracted me to always get children for him. I don’t know what he uses them for.

Last month, I abducted a boy of about three years and sold him to the man for N1,500. This girl (Eniola) was the second child I would abduct, but I did not succeed,” he said.

The Ogun State acting Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Abimbola Oyeyemi said that the suspect was arrested with the help of the residents, adding that investigation is ongoing.

1. LiveWire

July 29, 2016 at 5:27 pm

This guy is one of the walking dead! No emotions, no feelings for fellow human beings, not even for innocent little children. His “I don’t know what he uses them for. ” is a lie from the pit of hell. He does not care as long as he gets his money for the sale. This guy is past rehabilitation. Receive life imprisonment for your wickedness.

2. Amaka

July 29, 2016 at 5:37 pm

1,500?! What a world!!!!

3. CARO

July 29, 2016 at 5:43 pm

He should rot in prison, cos this evil people always wants to destroy my mothers land

4. keke driver

July 29, 2016 at 5:49 pm

They didn’t beat Him well, anywaiz thank goodness He’s been arrested.

5. LemmeRant

July 29, 2016 at 6:13 pm

If they burn this one now with tyre and petrol. Will we say its too much?

And yet good people are dying of terrible diseases.

6. Bolu

July 29, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Nwachukwu that cut off the hand of the wife for adulterous affair,BN should post that also,that’s equally evil,so that justice is done.The man is boasting to get away with it.

7. Err

July 29, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Chiamaka also chained the hand of a little girl in Ogun state,BN can equally expose this greedy child abusers ,so people will be careful and know there are consequences for their actions.

8. Spunky

July 29, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Too many negative news! This one sells a human for 1,500?! Hair cut money…na waaaa.

9. tamunotonye

July 30, 2016 at 12:03 am

This thing right here isn’t human, God forbid.

10. Lhandie

July 30, 2016 at 1:52 am

One thousand five hundred Naira!!!! & I just spent twelve thousand Naira on dinner. Stories like this upset me. Please how can I help people like this? Please.

11. Ariere

July 30, 2016 at 9:01 am

A Famous Neurologist Once said that if the Internet is as Vast as the Solar System, then the Human Brain is as Vast as the Milky Way Galaxy.

Yet, with this sort of Fact, Someone chose to sell something so Incredibly Invaluable for An amount I use as lunch on a Almost daily basis.

Some Human Beings tho.. .
    #Sighs

12. Drew

July 30, 2016 at 10:47 am

Honestly,Nigeria will be one scary hellhole to live in. Keep safe,guys.

13. Mabel

July 30, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Why are such practices part of the cultural landscape? The government has not done enough to eradicate this belief system. Too much trading in human beings, killing of children for ritualistic purposes, lack of respect and value for life. Selling people to slave traders, prostitution rings, babalawos…etc. Stop it! All across the continent it’s the same shyt. Who taught you to hate yourselves and each other so? Pain traders everywhere..sigh.

14. Eno

August 1, 2016 at 6:10 pm

when your time is up , there will be no escape….God is the best avenger