Scoop

“Being a role model shouldn’t subject me to live a lie or the life you want me to live” – Kaffy defends her Topless Photo

KaffyDancer and mum of two Kaffy posted a topless photo of herself last night as she took time out to appreciate her body.

She captioned the photo, which was shot by Kelechi Amadi-Obi, with the words “My body is my art. My canvas. My paintbrush. My instrument of expression. #Beinspired #fitmom#dancemom #dancetrepenuer Be Happy In You!!! @kelechiamadiobi thanks for this! Inspired by@alibabagcfr : I celebrate this body as its a testimony of God’s ingenuity . A production factory . An abode for passion. A chamber for motherhood . A masterpiece.”

Her followers were quick to tell her that her photo was indecent and someone even suggested that it would encourage rape.

Defending her photo, she replied:

2016-08-18-01.09.38 2016-08-18-01.10.22 2016-08-18-01.11.00

1. Dame Marian

August 18, 2016 at 10:03 am

l respect this lady a lot but this picture, you pass this level Kaffy. Don’t try to defend yourself. it’s absolute rubbish dear Kaffy….

2. Viv Law

August 18, 2016 at 10:15 am

She looks amazing!
    I don’t see what all the fuss is about.
    Each to their own abeg, nobody is perfect.

3. The Real Oma

August 18, 2016 at 10:24 am

What i don’t even get is what the fuss is, she is wearing pant, she totally hid her boobs. And the guy saying it can cause rape is an idiot.
    Dear men, nothing a woman wears (or does not) should lead you to forcefully have sex with her, you have a strong will too, use it! You are not as weak as society would have you believe…

4. Prince

August 18, 2016 at 10:33 am

Life is short. don’t waste it living someone else’s life or trying to please them.
    My Life, my choice.
    My instagram page, my property.
    If you don’t like what you see there, you can unfollow. Its simple. this life shouldn’t be complicated.

5. Olulu

August 18, 2016 at 10:35 am

Is her husband ok with it? If he is………………please on to the next one.

6. lola

August 18, 2016 at 10:38 am

Lol.. ok if it’s Kim kardashian or Kylie this same set of people will hit a like button…. hypocrites everywhere

• ATL's finest

August 18, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Nigerians especially !!!! I don’t see anything wrong with it. She’s comfortable in her own skin, she’s amazing & I love her confident. I praise folks who can pose half nude, full nude, bare it all out there. Cuz me on the other hand, certain parts can’t been seen even if it’s worth showing the entire universe??? live & let live . So Kaffy keep doing U hun.

7. RIFF RAFF

August 18, 2016 at 10:40 am

According to pastor Adeboye:
    My messages are not for everybody….

I guess Kaffy’s message/ topless picture is equally not for everybody

Funny fact: The pro-Kaffys and the pro-Adeboyes will still shout the same thing at the end of the day:
    It is not in your place to judge!!!!

Oh well…BN, keep us entertained and collect your cash, nothing do you! You sendeth neither one nor the other, lol.

8. keke driver

August 18, 2016 at 10:43 am

My life, My headache, my body, my wahala….why do people ALWAYS feel they have a say in anyone’s life?

9. Mr. Egghead

August 18, 2016 at 10:43 am

Sometimes, trying to defend an action just opens you up to more attack. . . because not everything has a foundation in logic

But why is she wearing black ‘iya basira’ pant na; I hexperred something with a bit more oomph

• RIFF RAFF

August 18, 2016 at 10:46 am

Look at yew……lol lol lol

• Keyyna

August 18, 2016 at 4:24 pm

lol…. You want more oomph… LOL. OMG!

10. #MadeInNaija

August 18, 2016 at 10:44 am

Kaffy is a creative Dancer & good Mother but I do not support any form indecent exposure amongst men/women folk. We do not want to raise a generation of terrible, radicalized and immoral children. Sex is the fastest selling commodity but have we bothered to think about the effects on our Children. We spend so much money to send them to school, devote time/effort to teach/guide them and take them to the Church/Mosque (even in the Church, a lot of inappropriate dressing is still seen), only for them to be exposed to immorality by what they see around them. We need to be decisive and look at the positive aspects of our culture even as we align with the modern world. The world is a cycle, we are complaining of the elderly generation but we do so little to enrich the philosophy of the youth/Kids,

11. Atreides

August 18, 2016 at 10:47 am

My only problem is the essay she is drafting out to defend herself.
    You don’t see the likes of Rihanna or KimK explaining shit to anybody.
    Your life, your business.

12. Cynical

August 18, 2016 at 10:54 am

Kaffy,my problem isn’t with you posing topless, by all means do you and own it, we can’t all be the same. My problem is with you trying to explain your actions,if you’re really convinced about “your art” why bother explaining.

13. olorire

August 18, 2016 at 10:58 am

the struggle to be relevant

14. Spunky

August 18, 2016 at 11:09 am

Please, next time do it well! Lets see the “art” clearly.

15. Great Lady

August 18, 2016 at 11:16 am

I wonder how being naked relates to inspiration. It’s a pity some of the things we do, doesn’t just make sense. To be sincere I use to have a lot of respect for kaffy, but this??? NAH
    This my generation doesn’t like to be told the truth,any rubbish we do is always “mind you business”, “nobody is perfect”; we want to do whatever we like and not be corrected. May God help us.

• Keyyna

August 18, 2016 at 4:19 pm

My point exactly. I really don’t understand it.

16. mrs chidukane

August 18, 2016 at 11:17 am

I have told my husband that if I ever get my body tight after children, anything he sees me wearing he should take it like that. Her body really looks amazing. I can appreciate she wants to show her hardwork and people wear less than this in naija music videos these days, I don’t see what the fuss is about.

My darling Kaffy, I miss you on Project Fame, please come back.

17. ElessarisElendil

August 18, 2016 at 12:02 pm

I have a feeling Nigerian celebrities are yet to discover the beauty of the block button.

18. teebaby

August 18, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Kaffy you are beautifully and wonderfully made by God, You are Gods perfection on display. NOTE…………….. We are Righteous through the blood that Jesus shared on the cross , we cant be Righteous through Self Righteousness, Jesus is our Righteousness, Just as Jesus did not do sin to become sin at the cross, so we can not do Righteousness to become Righteous , Righteousnees is given to us by Jesus. That does not mean we should go on sin rampage, We can only increase the fruits of Righteousness in us like Love,Patience, kindness, Tolerance etc . This truely is the begining of a true relationship with Jesus Christ, knowing that He is our Righteousness .

19. Dija

August 18, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Poor lady. Competition is tough, fresh young talents rising everyday, She had to resort to nudity to stay relevant! You’ve got the attention,people are talking, so bravo!!!

20. Yummychickcummummy

August 18, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Kaffy. U owe nobody explanation of ur photos. U like, u snap, u post, u ignore or block haters.. #Lobatan!! It’s ur page and body.. If u and ur hubby is cool with it so b it… Whatever rocks ur boat..

• Whocares

August 18, 2016 at 2:57 pm

that is exactly my opinion on this. She does not need to explain herself, or write essays on top of this issue. she is a role model so shouldn’t take the pictures? Plix, what is your young child (i would imagine anyone that can be easily “influenced” by this decidedly tame picture has to be young) doing on twitter or wherever it is she posted it? If it’s a young adult you have, it is your job to have laid the proper foundation so your young adult has a mind of his/her own.. and if its an adult? Well you are screwed if as a bonafide member of the society you don’t know your own damned mind.. re she inspiring with the picture. lool (loool. well.. lool)
      Also she looks good and graceful in that picture. People need to learn to paddle their own canoes jare.

21. Enny heart heart

August 18, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Re: Kaffy Poses Topless In New Photo by Smellingmouth: 6:38pm
    When Rihanna pose her own, we see “SMALL of her borbi”..

When Miley Cyrus pose her own, we see “FULL borbi”

When Kim Kardashian pose her own, we see both “FULL borbi and punna”..

Kaffy don pose her own..na black Pant and Red bra she dey show us.. Who your black Pant epp? .. lipsrsealed undecided

Pishure of FULL borbi or Jes gerrarahere..Mhenn

22. karah

August 18, 2016 at 4:15 pm

this is crazy..how on earth does going nude in a photo qualify as art?its a crazy world sha..nigerians should copy good stuff from the western world biko not rubbish.even if everyone does it doesnt make it right..let our conscience be heard sometimes..i love kaffy but d truth must be told.if everybody is doing it,stand out,theres no glory in sharing ur nakedness with d world.

23. Keyyna

August 18, 2016 at 4:17 pm

The problem with the world presently is the misuse of the words “LOVE YOURSELF”!!! Loving oneself can lead to SELFISHNESS, INDECENCY, LOVER OF SELF, BOASTFULLNESS, ARROGANCE amongst others. I should believe as well as this celebrity (Kaffy), no matter her religion that the body is made by God and only God has the authority to allow us to expose it anyhow we want not ONESELF. As a mother or wife she has the God given authority to expose her nakedness to her husband. If for the sake of FASHION on can say she has the authority to expose her body to her “Caeser” (BOSS) even that is wrong, but that’s for earning a living’s sake so I can’t fault the SUPERMODELS. This picture deserves a place on a wall in her bedroom not for everyone to see. I can’t understand why some women will just go naked all for freedom of expression of oneself or for art. Isn’t a HUMAN BEING that just made this whole nakedness as a form of SHOWMANSHIP!!! UNFORTUNATELY, a lot of people will say it doesn’t matter. Well, why will it matter when people are ever ready to justify UNRIGHTEOUSNESS or NOBODY IS PERFECT connotations? People that believe that they are beautiful and wonderfully made don’t need any form of extra pizzazz by merely snapping naked or semi-nude pictures and “making it public” (having naked pictures of oneself in private collection isn’t essentially bad) so that people who do not care or pretend to care can pass judgements. Because people will talk and the ”scantily clad lady” has no right to reprimand jesters…

24. Suga

August 18, 2016 at 4:47 pm

No comment!!

25. kkay

August 18, 2016 at 4:55 pm

The Six stages of deception…… (Got this earlier today)

Deception is a process by which wrong becomes right, and right becomes wrong. It’s a complete paradigm shift of opinions, standards and morals that is achieved softly, subtly and often takes a generation to entrench into society.

If you want to know what I am talking about, find out your mother’s views on things like sexuality and marriage and compare them with yours. The contrast in opinions does not necessarily prove that she is old and antiquated; it may instead prove that you have been deceived.

There are six stages of deception.

● The shocker
    ● The outrage
    ● The discussion
    ● Tolerance
    ● Acceptance
    ● Veneration

If I wanted to popularize the most unimaginable thing in our society, say like bestiality (the practice of having sex with animals), I would follow these steps.

I would select a forerunner to drop the shocking message on an unsuspecting public. “We should start having sex with animals,” he would announce on radio, TV or in a newspaper.

That is the shocker; the bombshell, so to speak. It would inevitably be followed by outrage. The forerunner is abused and demonized by the bewildered public. Every respected leader in society comes out to slam the lamentable reprobate who dared suggest something so obnoxious.

The forerunner defiantly defends the practice. His critics come out even more scathing. But the forerunner knows exactly what he is doing. He is setting an agenda. Many people don’t understand the effect of continuous exposure on the human mind.

26. kkay

August 18, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Part 2……The Six Stages of Deception

Once the bestiality message reaches the third stage; discussion, the forerunner has done his job. At this stage there is a big debate over bestiality; with most people still slamming it, not knowing that they are falling into a trap.

I know for a fact that homosexual groups abroad were giving money to people fighting homosexuality in Uganda. Then they would also fund those pushing for it. Initially it didn’t make sense. Until I learnt how deception works. What they wanted was to keep the subject of homosexuality in public debate. They know exactly what they were doing. The more people are exposed to it through discussion, the more it becomes less obnoxious in their minds.

That leads to the next stage: Tolerance. At this stage people say: “I am not going to have sex with animals, but if someone chooses to do it, shauri yake (that’s his problem). Others will say: “Who cares what people do behind closed doors?”I have heard these statements being made by people who clearly don’t understand what they are up against. This is the stage at which science kicks in to ‘prove’ that some people are born with an inherent attraction towards animals and they cannot help themselves.

Consequently, bestiality is included in the UN Human Rights Charter and activists are given a new pursuit. Economic and travel sanctions are used to twist the arms of nations that still forbid it.

Then we start hearing phrases like: “We cannot tell people whom they should love.”

The main purpose of this stage is to ensure that bestiality is legally accepted.

• The real Oma

August 18, 2016 at 6:44 pm

@kkay thank you for sharing this. Makes absolute sense!

• Mr. Egghead

August 18, 2016 at 8:59 pm

@kkay
      I thought about all you wrote and it makes absolute sense; particularly when you see those trends resonating in the way societal values have evolved. The part I’m concerned about is the role of science. We live in a data-driven society and everything that becomes mainstream is evidence based. I often wonder how proponents of new streams of thought are able to find scientific research that backs up their claim, like the example in your post where science ‘discovers’ that some humans are sexually attracted to animals. Science just somehow saves the day
      I wish we could discuss this a bit more. Great comment. Thanks for sharing

. . . and to think I saw this gem on BN

• Manny

August 19, 2016 at 3:58 am

Mr. Egghead,
      It is true that everything that becomes mainstream is evidence based. However, a lot of evidence is questionable for many reasons e.g conflicts of interest that influence the outcome. Methodology also – for example, the physiology of nutrition hasn’t changed much in centuries. What we have in recent years are observational studies that e.g. maybe see an association between coffee intake & not having cancer. Several biases might exist but what becomes mainstream based on “evidence” is “coffee protects against cancer”. Then you follow the paper trail and somewhere in there is a cheque from the coffee board.
      Much of what we know about sexuality today is attributable to the Kinsey studies of the 40s/50s which had major flaws and the data was very much doctored. But it presented evidence for things that people were itching to do anyway so hey.
      What does it take to prove that a lot of us humans are naturally sexually attracted to animals?

• think about it

August 19, 2016 at 12:38 am

Thanks for dropping such profound knowledge. I must admit….this is very sobering.
      Makes me worry about my kids…..hmmm. (sigh)

27. Lucci

August 18, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Guess Kelechi Amadi-Obi is smiling to bank in the midst of the drama..nothing concern agbero with over-load…phew!

28. kkay

August 18, 2016 at 10:49 pm

@ The Real Oma and Mr. Egghead….thank God we still have people like you who think deep and process issues beyond the superficial level.

Our moral values are subtly being eroded and our world falling apart while many sit on the bleachers applauding….cheering on.
    I wonder if we know what magnitude of evil is about being unleashed on the world. Many would reel from the horror of it!
    Nothing is left for the next generation.

29. Mama

August 19, 2016 at 10:03 am

When I say it is end times ehn, people think it is just the usual rhetoric. I used to think that when all the things the bible predicted begin to happen it will be very glaring for all to see. Unfortunately, these things are happening so subtly that if you are not perceptive you will just put it down to ‘it is normal’ . Sometimes, i’m more worried for the the commentators that try to justify such actions calling it ‘art’ than i’m for the main character (in this case Kaffy). Comments on BN gives me much to ponder about raising children in a world where things seem to be turning upside down.

30. Cynthiamovy

August 19, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Ride on keffy,it your body.,it her life.#onelove

31. Tosin