News

“I believe that my father charmed me” – Says Fulani Herdsman who Allegedly Killed his Mother and Sister-in-law

Abubakar Usman

Abubakar Usman

The Police in Kwara state has arrested a 25-year-old Fulani Herdsman, Abubakar Usman, for allegedly his mother, Khadijat, 65, and his brother’s wife, Ramatu Shagari, 35.

PUNCH reports that the suspect was paraded on Wednesday at the state police command’s headquarters in Ilorin along with other suspects – Yahaya Umar and Abubakar Saletu – who were reportedly caught with a human head.

Usman said that he believes that his father used charms on him, adding that he did not know what came over him the day he committed the crime.

“I am into cattle rearing. On that day when I woke up, I took N1,000 from my room and took  my cows out for grazing. Suddenly, I discovered that the cattle were running away and I followed them. On getting back home, something came over me and I used a knife to stab my mother. I also stabbed my brother’s wife. I believe that my father charmed me. I do not have mental disorder,” he said.

One of the suspects caught with the human head, Umar, told PUNCH that police caught them while they were trying to run away after killing the victim.

He said that he colluded with Saletu to behead the victim in a bush after he and the victim had an altercation.

“There was a conflict among us. We tricked him into the bush and killed him. While we were trying to run away, the police caught us,” Umar said.

The Kwara State Commissioner of Police, Olusola Amore, who paraded the suspects, said the crimes were reported to the police by one Abdullahi Adamu of Mamba Fulani Camp, Patigi.

“On August 8, at about 1.20pm, information received from Kosubosu Police Division revealed that Umar and Saletu, both of Wobe Fulani Camp, were found in possession of a bag. On interrogation, the bag was found to contain a human head, among other items.

Further interrogations revealed that the suspects took the head to one Alhaji Kuranga of Muhat Company to buy. The said Alhaji refused and raised the alarm. A search in the bush led to the discovery of a headless body. The victim had been declared missing earlier and the suspects confessed to the crime. The cutlass used in the killing and the human head have already been recovered,” Amore said.

Amore added that the suspects would be arraigned after investigation is complete.

Photo Credit: PUNCH

1. Hmm

August 25, 2016 at 11:02 am

Hello bella plz fix typos thnx

• nwa nna

August 25, 2016 at 12:21 pm

BN editing team doing a fantastically sloppy job lately!

2. That African

August 25, 2016 at 12:16 pm

No you just killed them. Why can’t people admit their wrong doings? Always looking for ways to shift blame.

3. keke driver

August 25, 2016 at 12:21 pm

They ALWAYS put the blame on someone else other than themselves…..Lunatics

4. isaid!

August 25, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Well, let your father’s charm carry you all the way to jail.!! He might make another charm to bring you out. Nonsense!!

5. Prince

August 25, 2016 at 12:29 pm

They would be arraigned or killed. which one fast pass

6. Kkay

August 25, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Fulani herdsmen on rampage.
    Are they above the law in this country????
    From abucting helpless girls to mass slaughter of peaceful villagers.
    These babaric acts should be punished in like manner!

7. Tee

August 25, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Omo men! The kind evil wey I dey see these days na real Investigation “ID” channel. One would think that our country wasn’t like this way back say 20/30yrs ago, but trust me, it was worse. Thank God for technology and social media. Husband killing wives, wives doing same, papa sleeping with children abi na killing them is more of every week news now. Before you know it, we go get ID channel for naija. It’s just appalling.

8. De Duchess

August 25, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Inspired by Tee Billz.
    Blame it on everybody else.

9. A.D.A.

August 25, 2016 at 7:13 pm

In Nigeria is anything you do ever your fault? This one na the devil. This one na jazz.

10. victor

August 25, 2016 at 11:33 pm

I find it very preposterous that such heinous crimes were committed and someone with brains whether functional or not didn’t see the issue at stake to comment on but on typos, my brother or sister you’re simply worse than a fulani herdsman, please this fulani people na wetin construct them sef? Wey forget say dem dey put brain for person head; GOD forgive me but I’m beginning to think this fulani people na animals wey evolve that’s why a human being go kill, sorry slaughter a fellow human being, carry the head for bag go sell, this simply tells they don’t just kill but there’s something deeper because while in Zaria the fear of a fulani boy or babe is adviseable for your safety because they’re so blood thirsty, death is nothing to dem simply because their religion be it atr or islam promised them only death not life!!! tufiakwa olorun ma je; na wetin? Azikiwe follow cause this wahala when dem say make we go our seperate ways in 1956 e dey shout 1 Nigeria na wetin cameroun see run for their dear life Zik carry force us to live with animals in human skin