News

New Mexico Mother and Son “Willing to go to Jail” for Incestuous Relationship

BellaNaija.com

Monica Mares and Caleb Peterson

Monica Mares and Caleb Peterson

A New Mexico mother and child have been arrested by police in the state and will stand trial on incest charges later this year.

According to DailyMail, if found guilty, they could be sentenced to 18 months in prison.

Monica Mares, 36, and her 19-year-old son Caleb Peterson have decided to go public with their affair in order to raise awareness of Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA) and make it legal for them to have a sexual relationship.

Mares who gave Peterson up for adoption after she gave birth to him at 16, said they started having feelings each other after they met last christmas.

Mares picked him up at his adoptive father’s house in Texas and brought him to her home after the pair got in touch over Facebook.

‘The first time I met my son in person I was so happy and excited I gave him a big hug. I went to go pick him up at his dad’s house in Texas,” Mares told DailyMail.

He gave me a call and asked me to pick him up, I got butterflies in my stomach. I met him outside and I knew it was him when he came towards me. He was crying and he gave me a hug.

It was almost love at first sight but first it was mother love. He gave me a mother hug. He came home in the truck and came to live with me and we were both happy as mother and son.

He is the love of my life and I don’t want to lose him. My kids love him, my whole family does. Nothing can come between us not courts, or jail, nothing. I have to be with him. When I get out of prison I will move out of Clovis to a state that allows us to be together.

The first time we were physical we ended up holding hands, and then we ended up kissing – and the kissing led to other things. I felt comfortable with him and we fell even more deeply in love,” Mares said.

Caleb who moved in with her said he fell in love with her in part because she looked after him.

“I never had anyone cook me meals or give me anything. I never got anything my entire life and she went out of her way to make me happy. After about a week or so I started having feelings for her, and I guess I fell in love,” Caleb said.

Mares said that at first nothing happened but she then started getting these ‘crazy’ feelings.

“It felt like I met somebody new in my life and I fell in love with him. At first I told him, ‘I’m sorry I don’t know how you are going to react to this. I’m your mom and you’re my son, but I’m falling in love with you’.

‘And he said: ‘You know what? I am too. I was scared to let you know’. He was falling in love with his mom and I was falling in love with my son.

‘We talked about it and we took off to the park. I said, ‘Would you ever date your mom?’ And he said: ‘would you ever date your son?’ And I said, ‘Honest truth yes I would’.

The duo lived together in Mares’ mobile home with her two youngest children Uriah and Joseph – keeping their relationship a secret from the world. DailyMail reports that Mares’ youngest son even began calling Peterson ‘dad’.

Mares has said she is willing to give up seeing her two other children to be with her son, turned lover.

Police found out about the affair during a call over a quarrel between the family and some neighbors.

They were charged with incest – a fourth-degree felony in New Mexico – and arraigned in court in April. The duo will now face a trial in September.

Currently Mares is not allowed to see any of her children or have any contact at all with Peterson.

The couple have vowed to fight for their right to have a sexual relationship and are appealing to the public to donate to their legal fund.

Photo Credit: DailyMail

1. Spunky

August 11, 2016 at 9:11 am

We have heard worse…continu!

• Oversabi

August 11, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Wharrisdis??

2. Hello

August 11, 2016 at 9:32 am

Does these news get better than this?

3. keke driver

August 11, 2016 at 9:41 am

Ndi ara

4. ELLA

August 11, 2016 at 9:42 am

End time signs…..

• Nkechi

August 12, 2016 at 12:33 am

The end of the world is nearer than we think. Jesus is coming soon.

5. cuppy

August 11, 2016 at 9:43 am

Useme!!!!!!!!….dash.

6. Ethio

August 11, 2016 at 9:43 am

“GSA”… that’s what it’s called?, me thinks sexuality and sex related disorders are largely influenced by negative or perverted orientation

7. Debola

August 11, 2016 at 9:46 am

Am I really reading this?? Bunch of psychopaths!!

8. Prince

August 11, 2016 at 9:53 am

Public to donate to your rubbish. This woman need to be checked cos it seems she started it.

9. Tochukwu

August 11, 2016 at 10:04 am

Crazy things happen ooh. God save us

10. nene+

August 11, 2016 at 10:09 am

Nauseating! This woman is a serious psychopath who has never been loved! Go get your self a dildo and leave your poor son who may have been affected by your irresponsible absence in his life!

Idiotic sex and orgasm starved mother deserves forever behind bars! You this little boy how long? Cheap aunts body? Cursed people! Spits and walk away…

• FasholasLover

August 11, 2016 at 10:56 am

You get it. The woman is “hungry”.

“Mares has said she is willing to give up seeing her two other children to be with her son, turned lover”

There is a destructive gene in her genetic make up. She is willing to give up her young children. By the time her young son Joseph grows up, the cycle will continue. These two should go to jail. By the time they return, their brains woulda returned to factory setting. Some law needs to lock this woman down forever.

11. Mr. Egghead

August 11, 2016 at 10:27 am

No worries. It will be soon be made legal.

After all, love wins

• Alexan

August 11, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Assssss iiiiiinnn!!!!! This had me laughing so hard at work.

12. DEBRA

August 11, 2016 at 10:37 am

Total madness

13. Cocolette

August 11, 2016 at 10:38 am

Yup yup…it’s only logical and fair that if homosexuality is legalised, Genetic sexual attraction a.k.a incest is too. And while y’all are at it, please legalise Bestiality too. Afterall, all of them are ‘natural’ feelings towards living things. *deep sigh* Jesus is truly coming soon.

• Naijatalk

August 11, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Exactement, while we’re at it, let’s allow every sexual relationship between two consenting adult partners because love wins. Let sisters sleep with brothers or sisters as the case maybe, fathers with daughters or sons, mothers with sons or daughters, Kini big deal? But with bestiality, the human partner has to prove that the animal gave consent.
      Come Lord Jesus, Amen

14. Ela

August 11, 2016 at 11:02 am

world is indeed coming to an end, every thing unthinkable have become today’s reality.

15. Celeste

August 11, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Why do they see incest between two consenting adult as wrong when they legalize same sex marriage and homosexuality? Its reeks hypocrisy. Oya, sharp-sharp, make una legalize this one, with bestiality too, after all the animals aren’t/can’t complain. Even paedophiles are seeking legalization… Mad people!

16. Siye

August 11, 2016 at 12:34 pm

To be sincere without throwing shades whatsoever, if they can legalize gay marriage, then I see no point in criminalizing incest. It’s two consenting adults, it’s love. That’s exactly how the gay argument won over others. If you’re gay or supported gay whatever and you judge these people, your brain is def burnt After all, love wins. GSA wins??

• Lailatu

August 11, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Preach it! Like they say whats your business with what two consenting adults do in their bedroom?or is it that they were made that way, maybe Its a case of the son’s soulmate trapped in his mother’s body (my favourite).Its even got a name, GSA. LMAO! God always exposes man’s foolishness.If they allow a man to marry a man,then why cant a mother marry her son?Nonsense!

17. nwa nna

August 11, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Negodu ife anuofia of a mother is saying! So many d1cks out there yet it’s your own biological son’s that you want? Shyte makes zero sense maka chukwu

18. GeeGee

August 11, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Yuck!

19. chigurl

August 11, 2016 at 2:08 pm

What a world!

20. Balogun Vs Ejiro

August 11, 2016 at 3:15 pm

irikerido akolawole olawuyi ni ah NKAN BEE

21. Onetallgirl

August 11, 2016 at 6:13 pm

look at this women! the baby you bore you now want to sleep with?!? Eh! what kind of nonsense is that?

22. Ebere

August 11, 2016 at 6:42 pm

More like “Genetic Sexual Assault”……Yuck!!!!!!!!Sick world we live in………

23. Pete

August 12, 2016 at 8:28 am

This can’t be real… Or can it? Argh…. Just when you thought you’ve heard the worst already….

24. jesbadoma

August 12, 2016 at 8:52 am

Totally disgusting!!! To think she knew he was her abandoned son and still had a sexual relationship with him is something that surpasses my understanding. Let such abomination remain over there, we don’t want such in Africa, biko.

25. Keith

August 12, 2016 at 2:54 pm

She didn’t raise him. Sociologically, she’s not his mother and couldn’t have “groomed” him.. GSA is much more common than people think. You probably know someone who has experienced it, secretly.

There is no rational reason for keeping laws or taboos against consensual incest that is consistently applied to other relationships. Personal disgust or religion is only a reason why one person would not want to personally engage in what I call consanguinamory, not why someone else shouldn’t do it. An adult should be free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with ANY consenting adults. Youthful experimentation between close relatives close in age is not uncommon, and there are more people than you’d think out there who are in lifelong healthy, happy relationships with a close relative. It isn’t for everyone, but we’re not all going to want to have each others’ love lives, now are we? If someone thinks YOUR love life is disgusting, should you be thrown in prison?

Some people try to justify their prejudice against consanguineous sex and marriage by being part-time eugenicists and saying that such relationships inevitably lead to “mutant” or “deformed” babies. This argument can be refuted on several fronts. 1. Some consanguineous relationships involve only people of the same gender. 2. Not all mixed-gender relationships birth biological children. 3. Most births to consanguineous parents do not produce children with significant birth defects or other genetic problems; while births to other parents do sometimes have birth defects. 4. We don’t prevent other people from marrying or deny them their reproductive rights based on increased odds of passing along a genetic problem or inherited disease. It is true that in general, children born to consanguineous parents have an increased chance of these problems than those born to nonconsanguineous parents, but the odds are still minimal. Unless someone is willing to deny reproductive rights and medical privacy to others and force everyone to take genetic tests and bar carriers and the congenitally disabled and women over 35 from having children, then equal protection principles prevent this from being a justification to bar this freedom of association and freedom to marry.

Some say “Your sibling should not be your lover.” That is not a reason. It begs the question. Many people have many relationships that have more than one aspect. Some women say their sister is their best friend. Why can’t their sister be a wife, too?

Some say “There is a power differential.” This applies least of all to siblings or cousins who are close in age, but even where the power differential exists, it is not a justification for denying this freedom to sex or to marry. There is a power differential in just about any relationship, sometimes an enormous power differential. To question if consent is truly possible in these cases is insulting and demeaning.

Some say “There are so many people outside of your family.” There are plenty of people within one’s own race, too, but that is no reason to ban interracial marriage. So, this isn’t a good reason either. Let consenting adults love each other the way they want!