News

Teenager Stabs, Slashes throat of Pregnant Girlfriend | Says the Idea to Kill her was Gotten from a Google Search

The Suspect

The Suspect

A 19-year-old undergraduate, Ade, who allegedly stabbed his 19-year-old pregnant girlfriend twice on her stomach, and slashed her throat, has revealed how a Google search suggested the idea to him.

Narrating the incident to Nigerian Tribune, Ade said:

I met my girlfriend about two months ago on Facebook. We had a mutual friend and I added her. She accepted my request and we got to know each other. I proposed a relationship to her and she accepted. We had sex only once on July 4. I did not protect myself.

On August 10, she told me that she was pregnant. The next morning, on Thursday August 11, she called me that her parents wanted to see me. I went to her parents at Alaro area of Ibadan and they wanted to know what my intention was on the pregnancy. I suggested that she had an abortion but they said they could not abort for their daughter because it was against their belief. I told them that I would get back to them on Monday, August 15.

I left for home confused, but on the way home, different thoughts went through my mind because I didn’t want my parents to know. I didn’t want to disappoint them. I was with my phone at home and I picked it and typed ‘What to do if my girlfriend does not want to have an abortion on Google’. It brought out different options that I can deny, which I didn’t deny.

Another option was to convince her to have an abortion, which did not work. There were also other options but the last one was that I could kill her. I chose that option because she was the only one who knew my house and I believed that if I killed her, no one would be able to trace my house and I would get away with my action.

To kill, Google gave me an option to use poison, which I knew no pharmacy would sell to me. Other options were to use a gun or a knife. Knife was easy to get, so I went to the market same day to buy a knife and returned to her house. I did not meet her at home so I called her and waited for her. When she came in, I attacked her with the knife but she was resisting. I stabbed her on the right and left sides of her stomach and slashed her throat.

Unfortunately for me, her screams got to a neighbour and he came in. Coincidentally, he is a policeman so he handcuffed me and I was arrested. It was the fear of disappointing my parents that made me take the action.

Tribune reports that the suspect, who is a 100-level student in a university in South-West Nigeria is currently in custody at the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID), Oyo State Police Command, over an alleged murder attempt.

The incident took place on Thursday, August 11, at the residence of his girlfriend’s parents at Sango-Alaro area of Ibadan at about 2:30PM

The girlfriend’s neighbour, Sergeant Ayeni Oluwafemi, after hearing the cry for help, arrested the suspect who he found with a knife, and called for assistance to save the girl.

The girlfriend is currently battling for her life at the Intensive Care Unit of a Hospital in South-West Nigeria.

The Oyo State Police Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Adekunle Ajisebutu, who confirmed the report said that the suspect would be arraigned in court after the conclusion of investigations.

Photo: Nigerian Tribune

1. Ranyinudo

August 23, 2016 at 1:05 pm

May God be with the young pregnant teen. Mr .Ade! In her fathers house??? Ur impunity and evil self tho.
    And I think the parents (of the girl) did not manage this situation well. Haba Mana!
    And to Mr Neighbour…God bless u immensely.
    To the youths out there….for every action there are consequences. Take stock and think deep in making life choices.
    …smh…

• slice

August 23, 2016 at 2:25 pm

What would you have done as the parent?
      Victim blaming pisses me off.

• Nneka

August 23, 2016 at 4:10 pm

Given that the boy and the girl are both young, I think the girl’s parents should have contacted the boy’s parents directly ASAP rather than asking a teenager what plans he had for their daughter. What plans can a teenager possibly have for an unwanted pregnancy???

• Amaka

August 23, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Hmnn, when I saw the headline, I did not imagine that it happened in Nigeria. So whilst some people search for ways to start a business, become successful at an interview, research course work, you chose to blame google for causing you to take such an awful, terrible and evil step. As if you don’t know that people all over the world write stuff online. I pray the girl survives. Since you have decided to do what God reserved for married people, you must be ready to take responsibility. This idea of parents being too invasive must be balanced for the sake of sanity in this generation, was father Abraham too invasive by looking for a wife in his tribe for Isaac? Parents please check your childrens’ facebook regularly. My son wonders why I tell him everything, I said because I am your mum that’s why. Yes, that’s me. Pray on your food, don’t watch that program etc Yes God made me your mum and He expects me to live up to my responsibilities. That’s why children did not drop from the sky, yes God in His Almightiness could have made it that way but he chose to bring them under a roof with parents. May God guide us and give us wisdom.

2. winnie

August 23, 2016 at 1:10 pm

am tired of these teenagers

• BlueEyed

August 23, 2016 at 3:45 pm

It was on this same BN that we read that youths in Japan are not entering relationships, we still echoed that it was because of how forward thinking and innovative their youths are that they barely have time to indulge in youthful vices, meanwhile one Nigerian youth (from the west) is busy practising unprotected sex and how to use google to spell out the evil intentions in his heart.

3. Spunky

August 23, 2016 at 1:15 pm

The devil does not dwell in “hot hell”. He/she is here, around us. Be watchful!

4. Aj

August 23, 2016 at 1:21 pm

So wait, you did not want to disappoint your parents, and by attempting to kill her, what do you think you have done? Gotten away with murder? I think not. Even if man was not able to locate you, God will. So sad! I pray the young girl makes it. Girls pls stop entertaining any tom, dick or Harry. You met on Facebook, just one mutual friend and in less than how many days sex? Be careful girls.

5. Gbemi

August 23, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Google only mirrored your evil intentions.

6. Magdalene Chapman

August 23, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Take your children to church..hmmm

7. Suga

August 23, 2016 at 1:49 pm

You can imagine his level of naivety. All I can say is train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he would never depart from it. These days people take everything for granted in the name of civilization. I just disconnected my children’s TV because of the way almost all the music videos they watch on local stations are and for children that are Still growing the psychological effects are terrible, not to talk of the movies that are shown on tvs both local and foreign is beyond words. Also we can never over emphasize taking them to church and making out time to read the Bible with them even if it’s just during weekends because of time. As as far as you can always pray with them and for them. Also make out time to engage them in friendly conversations while doing chores or on a stroll, you would be amazed the things they would tell you. Sometimes buy some movies and watch with them while you condemn some acts and ask their opinions at the same time. With time will be amazed to know how much all these has helped you raise your children to be disciplined and Godly especially adolescents. I also want to encourage all parents to continue talking and scolding even if your children complains, because it works even if you don’t know especially when you are not with them, I remember how my mother was always talking those days but the moment I wanted to do something I shouldn’t do those days her words will keep sounding in my head and it helped me and my siblings to always be in check. Perhaps his parents were only emphasizing on his education which has stuck on his head, so let’s make it to be about education, morals, behavior etc. I pray the girl survives so the boy will have another chance to be properly guided. Many thanks to the girls neighbours too!

• slice

August 23, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Story story

• Bimbo

August 23, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Do you realize how many murders were committed or sanctioned by God in the bible? It’s the perfect manuscript for murder

• Damilola

August 23, 2016 at 6:37 pm

I agree with the other things you said. But, it’s difficult for me to call him naive. To actually take a knife slit the throat and stomach of another person shows the state of your heart. He clearly knows what he was doing. And he thought he will get away with it. He’s not the first teenage guy to get a girl pregnant, and many of the guys didn’t do such diabolical act. I pray, the girl makes it.

8. teenager

August 23, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Parents there is no shame teaching your children sex education.He would have known better.

9. justdeywakapass

August 23, 2016 at 2:55 pm

Police, una still want do investigation on top this mata wey don show imsef?

10. deedee

August 23, 2016 at 2:55 pm

This brought tears to my eyes… how/. why?. at 19 shouldnt he know better.. have parents now become gods that cannot be told about it.. highest they’ll be dissapointed but will still forgive you.. i mean i dont get it at all… What is happening ?. i thought i had heard it all… now this!… even the movies that are shown on tv these days…. on how to steal, kill etc is not helping matter…People are just using themselves to make the devil’s work easier…. constant awareness needs to be on tv, social media, radio, newspapers on MENTAL HEALTH…. !!!FROM AGE 5 TILL 90…. A lot is happening. I pray that the likes of linda ikeji and all other gossip blog out there… will promote positive messages whilst positing the ills of the society that we are living in .

I PRAY She survives ….

• Naijatalk

August 23, 2016 at 3:05 pm

You shouldhave started with, I pray that Bella naija and all other gossip blogs out there……BN,LIB, SDK pretty much share the same kind of news. Only my difference is packaging, but all na gossip.

11. Deliver Us From Evil.

August 23, 2016 at 3:09 pm

The young man needs psychiatric help and spiritual deliverance.

Stop blaming people who commit such tragic, bizarre acts as if these are acts that people in their complete, sound, normal, God-given right mind and senses would do.

If we truly knew, just what a very high percentage of people who just suddenly hatchet, methodically chop to pieces, kill, strangle, slash, shoot till there are no more rounds in the gun, their spouses, children, parents, loved ones, friends, strangers, etc say “”I heard a voice/voices telling me to do it.”” and, they all talk about how those voices never stopped, how they could never get the voices to keep quiet, anywhere, anytime. The instant they committed the act, the voices would go silent, and they would snap to reality to be fully conscious, for the first time, of the horror of what they had done. The voices would abandon them; it was always when they had committed the act that the voices would quiet and lift off them and that they would realise how terrible what they had done was, before doing it, they were not allowed to think normally. Then, terror at what they had done, fear at what would happen to them if caught, if they are not caught standing there in shock, or completely out of it, mind completely snapped, they start running, trying to escape retribution.

Both the young lady (with her unborn child) and the young man, the would-be killer, deserve and need our compassion, prayers and help.

12. Kkay

August 23, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Horror!
    So much has been allowed into our homes and society while trying to “gag” godliness.
    Western influence, Western consequences. ,,(Negative ones)

Then INHERENT FLAWS amongst us……
    Nonchalant comments/posts on social media on burning moral issues. From parents shirking godly child upbringing, aiding and abetting educational malpractice, money-,mongering superficial lifestyle, corrupt ostentatious leadership, violent movies, lurid lyrics and musical videos, baby mama trend, immoral reality television programs, feigned godliness & religiosity …….an endless list …..
    PERILOUS TIMES are here! A test of what you taught or are teaching your child ( by what you day and do)

WATCH IT! Your negative words/actions or lack thereof could influence a young mind.
    The next victim could be ……..

13. Prince

August 23, 2016 at 4:07 pm

What is this again today. As an undergraduate the only option you could go for is to kill her. I had the only child i have now when i was 20 and right now, I’m like the happiest dude on earth. That dude should be castrate.

14. Nneka

August 23, 2016 at 4:08 pm

15. sammy

August 23, 2016 at 11:35 pm

By obtaining a knife and stabbing someone’s stomach then slitting the neck shows how inhuman he is. If he has the chance to join the bokoharam group he wouldn’t hesitate, I just op he serves as an example to others like him