Music

Fans Mourn as SA Music Star Mandoza dies at 38

BellaNaija.com

MandozaJust a few days ago South African music star Mandoza was on stage at the Thank You SABC concert. Fans at the concert noticed that he seemed weak but he was happy to be on stage.

“We surrender to the Almighty who restores our lives. I’m here to perform for you. To show you that the devil is a liar. The devil is a liar!” he told the crowd.

Mandoza was recently diagnosed with a brain tumour and was optimistic about his future.

Sadly, he passed away today.

His wife Mpho said he was unable to breathe so she rushed him to hospital, but just as she got to the gates of the hospital, Mandoza died.

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 6.50.52 PM

Rest in Peace.

1. Legend

September 18, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Rip Mandoza,

2. DoroAnon

September 18, 2016 at 7:43 pm

The devil is is bastard. It’s not not God’s plan that we die premature. I shal not die but live to declare
    the works of the Lord. In Jesus Name Amen

3. Yemmmy

September 18, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Rest in peace legend you have done well and maybe even led more people to God with your last stand f trusting Godd through it all . Thank you for great music

4. le coco

September 19, 2016 at 5:29 am

I am beyond sad.. what a legend.. I was strolling past his feature on drum magazine.. speaking about his brain tumour.. I thought he was getting better.. Robala ka kagiso

• Oma

September 19, 2016 at 9:19 am

@Lecoco, are you Nigerian living in SA, if you are, you are like my kindred spirit honestly…have a great day

• le coco

September 19, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Hey oma .. I definitely am.. We shld totally link up.. I wonder how I cld drop my details without it being public..

5. Bennie

September 19, 2016 at 9:12 am

Rest in perfect peace, amen

6. CUTTRED MEATLOAF!!

September 19, 2016 at 4:12 pm

One of the best to come out of SOUTH AFRICA,Certainly the legend is gone….sure a pacesetter for Kwaito down south,so proud of him,gave us hits after hits,Channel O was so addicted to him then…..The lad has sure been thru a whole lot lately,His future so bright,but his past was grimy. RIPP!