News

“I have only slept with one of them” Says General Overseer who was Allegedly Using over 30 Girls as Sex Slaves

BellaNaija.com

Chukwuma Nkwocha

Chukwuma Nkwocha

The General Overseer of Tongue of Fire Ministry, Shogunle, Lagos, Chukwuma Nkwocha, 38, who was arrested by the police for camping over 30 teenagers in his house and using them as sex slaves, has said that he only slept with one of them.

Vanguard reports that one of the girls had reported to the police after she and the pastor had a misunderstanding.

Nkwocha, an Imo state indigene, was alleged to have been sleeping with the girls who are all members of his church, with a promise to feed them and pay for their Junior and Senior Secondary School Certificate examinations.

It was also discovered that the parents of some of the girls had accommodation problems and were temporarily living in the church.

The state Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni disclosed that during a raid of the Pastor’s three bedroom flat, 30 girls were rescued, as six of them confessed that the pastor had slept with them without protection.

“The girls were taken to the Lagos State University Hospital. Some of them  were pregnant and aborted the pregnancies. The command will ensure that the Pastor and whoever must have conspired with him face the full wrath of the law,” Owoseni said.

One of them who claims to be a student of the Ondo state polytechnic, said any attempt to refuse Nkwocha’s advances could lead to her dropping out of school, a dream she said she had longed to actualise.

One of the rescued teenagers, Millicent, 13, said:

I am a member of the church and my parents attend the church as well.  They (parents) took me to the Pastor’s house  to spend the holiday with him and his wife. But the wife is in the university. My parents believe he would see vision that would help me to be great in life. I met other girls in his house. We were 13  girls in the flat.

I know he was having sex with some of the girls but I don’t know if they got pregnant or whether he aborted any pregnancy. He did not have sex with me but he usually fondled with my breasts.  Whenever he romanced with me, he never said anything, he would just be touching me all over and I would not make any noise. I will then pray to God for forgiveness.

I felt so bad that he was doing those things to me but I couldn’t dare to report a man of God.

“I was taken to his house for prayer.  But at night, he would  come and make love to me. Thereafter, he would take other girls in turns. We all knew what was going on but could not talk because he was assisting us financially,” said another rescued girl, Chinecherem, 13.

However, Nkwocha, said among all the girls, he had only slept with one of them whom he identified simply as Kingdom, a 16-year-old girl he claimed he intended to marry.

He also said her parents were not aware that he was having sex with their teenage daughter.

Nkwocha, who pastors a congregation of over 200 worshipers said:

These are mere fabrications. I have only slept with one of them. Her name is Kingdom, whose mother brought to be staying with me so that I can train her in school. But she begged me into accepting one of the girls who has accommodation problem. Kingdom has never been pregnant and I have not carried out  any abortion on her.

The only person that had an abortion was the girl that came to report me to the Police. But I was not responsible for the pregnancy, one of my pastors was responsible. In fact, It was when I took my mother’s corpse to the village for burial, that my phone rang and she (Onosaoluwa)  told me that she was in the hospital to procure  an abortion.

She said that Pastor Steven took her to the hospital On arrival, I invited both of them and threatened  that I was going to report them to the Church’s committee this Sunday.

As they were leaving, they connived to do this to me. This whole arrest was because I  threatened  to blow open the deed of Pastor Steven with the girl in question.

I am not happy with the development.  If God can give me a second chance, I will make amends.  I know that God is a merciful God. Is there anyone among us  here who  will say that  he has not done anything  that has  offended God? Such person is a liar because the Bible says no man can say he has  not sinned?” he said.

Photo Credit: Vanguard

1. Marlvina

September 4, 2016 at 1:50 am

Haba! Who is this one abeg? General Overseer of what? Sex ministry? Hmmm jst hear the name of his so-called church even! Sighs! Church don turn to business. Recession is hitting hard!

• Ijebujesha

September 4, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Church hasn’t turned to business just because of recession. It has since turned to business since Redeemed, Winners and co and the founders of those ones have built massive empires out of the ‘gospel’. People try to replicate success businesses and that’s what’s happening with these smaller churches.

• Marlvina

September 4, 2016 at 8:29 pm

It’s in the increase now cus of the recession!!!

• Uberhaute looks

September 4, 2016 at 11:46 pm

Oh my God! What has these people turn Nigeria to? How can you use the name of the Lord in vain and never perish? Can’t you help without any ulterior motive? In fact, I’m overghasted(sic) and flabberwhelmed(sic)

2. Me

September 4, 2016 at 3:34 am

Christianity in Africa…. Appalling, daft followers.

#readyourBIBLEitsnotthatdifficult

3. Iris

September 4, 2016 at 4:35 am

I don’t know how people will hear some church names and start attending willingly. Gini bu ‘Tongue of Fire’ biko nu? The same tongue the Bible teaches you to guard? People just lose sight of what Christianity is about and try to bring it down to a human level and then you get friggin rapists, thieves, adulterers, authentic dumbasses, and general implementers of tomfoolery prancing about behind a pulpit. Ugh.

4. Ginger

September 4, 2016 at 5:08 am

I love how abuse victims and their parents are coming out more and more everyday, and how religious “leaders” and others who abuse positions of powers are slowly, but surely getting called out. We’re getting there, stand for what you believe in and make your voices heard

5. praizeblog.com

September 4, 2016 at 7:10 am

I see

6. Omoh

September 4, 2016 at 7:15 am

Poverty drives religion. There is poverty in the country… That said, such abuse on children!!! He should just ‘mechunu’ and not use the Bible to justify his action. If he no get respect for Bible, how about the Law of the land to not have carnal knowledge of underaged?

7. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

September 4, 2016 at 7:25 am

Igbo people and lust for sex. Kmt, Yoruba and Hausa are the Best.

• Darius

September 4, 2016 at 8:03 am

This has got nothing to do with Igbo. You don’t have to denigrate an entire tribe. It ain’t cool! Everyday, we read about sickening crimes committed by people who are not Igbos. Don’t you read such news?

• apogee

September 4, 2016 at 9:01 am

Odi ka Ara na agbagi

• Ethio

September 4, 2016 at 9:22 am

are you alright? mtcheeeew!
      so after a 2 year hiatus , i went to church today as the sermon was boring i brought out my phone to check time, sharply one muscled guy with “church security” written on his Tshirt came and said gimme your phone which i did, after mass the idiot said i should bail my phone with 1k with all seriousness… but i dont hesitate to give you a fight if you ask for it. stupid churched up fools everywhere, I’m done once again

• mela

September 4, 2016 at 1:36 pm

That was a sad experience….but there are still gatherings of believers where you find God. Dnt gv up if u truly want a relationship with God.
      It is more than a church building.
      I really pray this man spends jail time… pls may it not be swept under the carpet like others!

• Help

September 4, 2016 at 8:19 pm

I just realized you’re an animal. And I’m not even Igbo. How Nigeria wan betta when idiots are roaming with access to free data?

8. Africa my africa

September 4, 2016 at 11:00 am

I always get strong condemnation from my friends every time I make the argument that we were better of under colonial rule. Seriously think about it. forget abt the segregation and everything racism brought bcos we are not better off in our present circumstances as Africans. Terrible leadership and a mindset of citizenry That needs serious purging cuz I jus don’t get it. We can blame poverty and all its associated BS but who brought us to this point.. South Africa is always my reference point. Indeed they suffered but call it a necessary evil . the whites are themselves not saints but trust me will b reading less headlines on such madness. These churches are only preying on our vulnerability. And until we get a strong economy were people are doing well and more comfortable this nonsense will Neva cease.

9. Babycakes

September 4, 2016 at 11:39 am

Shall we because grace abound continue to sin? God forbid!

10. Esse

September 4, 2016 at 12:08 pm

End time!!

11. steph

September 4, 2016 at 12:32 pm

End time pastors

12. Naijatalk

September 4, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Be quiet and stop calling God silly and fake pastor. Wicked of you to rob the destinies of these precious children. May you receive the consequences of your atrocities. Disgusting

13. Spunky

September 4, 2016 at 1:33 pm

I’m sure his favorite bible reference should be “king Solomon”. I wonder how stuffy his three bedroom flat will be considering the crowd.

14. Really

September 4, 2016 at 2:23 pm

There is nothing wrong with Christianity; it’s just some ‘so called Christians’ whose lives have not been regenerated but choose to live in pretence for their selfish gains. However, God has not given-up on anyone that truly repents. There are still some genuine Christians out there.

15. shode

September 4, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Hmmmm what a life.. a woman gave a testimony that she was looking for the fruit of the womb and she went to a so called pastor for a Wednesday service with other women, after the service the pastor will rob olive oil on each woman private part by himself in his office but she refuse him then he told her she is going to die on her birthday, with the grace of God the lady is still alive and doing fine

16. Anon

September 4, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Ignorance is a tool of hell. You don’t have to read the entire bible and sleep in church 24 7. Christianity is christ like. Christ did not drive big cars, did not live in a castle and was born in a manger. Why people follow unchrist like people makes me wonder. Would people actually be able to recognise christ when he comes again.

17. ,

September 4, 2016 at 7:01 pm

The way he said “only one” as if he deserves a medal for doing something horrible

18. Kkay

September 4, 2016 at 7:07 pm

This man is an unrepentant evil person!
    He still tried to justify his wickedness by quoting the bible.
    He is the devil seeking little girls to devour..
    May he rot in jail!!!

These fake churches are sickening! People should be wary, so many ravenous wolves out there.
    Christ is simple, so is Christianity.
    Read your bible, pray, do your best, work with your hands and leave the rest to God.
    Missing school for one year or two doesn’t mean God won’t show up.
    Some people from affluent homes also experienced droughts and had to give up school /homes for sometime.

How could parents send their young teens to live with a man – pastor or not.
    And these girls, you all kept quiet because of school fees? What did your parents teach you about sexual abuse? Obviously NOTHING!

Don’t want anything so DESPERATELY that you sell your dignity or soul to have it.

• tobi

September 4, 2016 at 11:12 pm

It’s called brain washing have you heard the way some of these ” ?Christians” speak about their pastors referring to them as men of god and quoting you verses on how they should not speak evil against man of god for fear of grave consequences. It’s a crying disgusting shame. Cringe worthy.

19. Marlvina

September 4, 2016 at 8:28 pm

It’s in the increase now cus of the recession!!!

20. Sigh...

September 5, 2016 at 12:14 am

This is just so horrible beyond words!! The government should ensure that the girls receive treatment and counselling. So sad that parents sent their daughters to live in an apartment with a man just because he calls himself a pastor. So many perverts and pedophiles roaming around and devising new ways of perpetrating their evil acts… everyone needs to be extra careful.

21. Mama

September 5, 2016 at 2:26 am

You don’t even need to ask what the one does with people’s tithes an offering, Depraved man, poor wife!

22. Bella

September 5, 2016 at 10:11 am

A pastor is a man but he is also meant to be a good man, a role model and protector of these kids, so to find them sexually attractive at 13 years old , to me, this man is a paedophile and should be arrested and tried for this crime and no longer preach to children. I am eternally disgusted. The trauma these kids endure all because of poverty at the hands of a so called man of God. I sincerely hope these parents are aware now and will make wiser decision when it comes to their female children. Talk to you kids and don’t let them feel they are lying when they come to you with such issues

23. Prince

September 5, 2016 at 11:15 am

I saw him on Channels News and I can’t but be sober. I was sober because of what selfish and greedy people have done to the body of Christ. I was sober because this man will stand on the altar and be speaking vain words knowing very well his intentions.
    I was also sober because people have refused to learn and decided to remain foolish. What on earth is the problem.