Style

“I want to be a Mom, That’s What I Dream about These Days” Linda Ikeji Covers Today’s Woman September Issue

BellaNaija.com

IMG_20160919_212734

Linda Ikeji is Today’s Woman Magazine September cover girl!

You may think you know her from her LIB blog but we soon learnt that there is a lot we don’t know about the woman who has become one of the most talked about personalities in Nigeria.

If Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry can post pictures of themselves on their private islands and we are ‘oohing ‘and ‘ahhing’, why not me?”

TW Magazine September 2016 BellaNaija 001_LINDA IKEJI 1

In this edition, which incidentally is being released on her 36th birthday, Linda Ikeji gives Today’s Woman the exclusive never before heard scoop.

She talks about the challenges of running the most successful blog in Nigeria, controversies trailing her, her recently launched media empire, love life and her dreams now that she has achieved everything she set out to many years ago when she lived a life of penury and struggle.

In this issue former MBGN, Omotu Bissong talks taking on the world of theatre.

This month’s fashion is also all about plus sized women for a change.

TW_September_Fashion

Today’s Woman is out on the streets NOW at newsstands & vendors nationwide! The online edition will be available in one week and you can download the free app on the iTunes and Google Play stores.

Cover Credits:
Photography: Tope Horpload
Creative Direction: Andy & Ayo Ogbechi Ohuruogu @AsquaredNetwork for TW Magazine
Styling: Jane Michael Ekanem
Cover Story: Syreeta Akinyede
Make-up: Zaron Cosmetics
Hair: Bernard

1. Kimmy

September 19, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Linda, God will grant ur heart desires

2. Peaches77

September 19, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Be it unto you Linda!

3. Marlvina

September 19, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Linda God will bless you beyond your imagination. You will be a mum by His special grace. Let not your heart be troubled.

4. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

September 19, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Every woman wasn’t born to be a mom. Sometimes you just have to thank God for what you already have.

• Marlvina

September 19, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Uncle Gwe Gwe, God said in His word Ex. 23: 26 “None shall be barren in the land”. So that totally counteracts your comment right there. Every woman was created to be fruitful and to multiply the earth. It’s God’s plan and purpose for every woman to bear a child because children are a form of blessing. A reward from God. It’s a personal choice if a woman chooses not to have children, that’s her damn business; but in Linda’s case, its obvious she chooses to be a mum. So don’t bring such negativity towards her pls.

• EC

September 20, 2016 at 6:34 am

Marlvina, yes it is said in the word but we still have barren women. Not to say she is barren

• Marlvina

September 20, 2016 at 7:18 am

@EC, yes we still do cus God has allowed it to be delayed that doesn’t mean these women won’t still have kids. Sometimes it’s out of punishment from God for whatever reasons I cant explain but tho it tarries it shall surely come to pass. Haven’t you heard cases of women waiting on the Lord for children and wld still give birth at ages 40/ 50yrs and above? God alone knows why they had to wait that long but at the end He fulfilled His word.

• Missappleberry

September 20, 2016 at 8:17 am

Out of punishment @marlvina??? Really??? Then maybe the God you are talking about is different from the one I know that’s so loving and full of grace. Most times God delays certain situations because the timing is not right and maybe the individual may not be able the handle such blessings at that time or sometimes it may just be to bring glory to his name. I never read anywhere in the bible that Sarah, Hannah or even Elizabeth were being punished with barrenness for sth they did. Just saying

• shield

September 20, 2016 at 10:34 am

@MissAppleberry, Micah, the daughter of Saul mocked David when he was praising God with reckless abandon that she thought was not fit for a king. The Bible says because of what she did, she was barren all her days. God is LOVE and merciful yes, but it’s possible. The Bible also says God shut up the womb of the women of Abimelech’s house because he took Sarah, Abraham’s wife.

• Missappleberry

September 20, 2016 at 11:18 am

Thanks Shield. I knew about Micah but not about Abimelech’s women. Besides that, I had read stories from scholars who felt Micah may have been unable to have children because David really despised her after her utterances against God and as a result never had sexual relationship with her after that. However, that’s just their story as the bible didn’t really go into details about that. The scholars may have been right but who am I to question the word of God so I guess I would still stick to the bible’s account. Thanks again Shield.

• Marlvina

September 20, 2016 at 12:37 pm

@missappleberry everything Shield has said is right. There were exceptions in the bible of barreness where God punished some women for certains acta they did. I’m also laying emphasis to our present days. I’ve witnessed women openly testify that God specifically told them the reason for their delay of not having children was because of something they had done in the past. God punished them. But thank God He is a merciful father and He forgave them and blessed them with the fruit of the womb.

• Marlvina

September 20, 2016 at 12:49 pm

5. Fashionista

September 19, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Linda looks smoking in these photos!!! Linda may God himself in his infinite mercies, grant you your heart desires, amen!

6. E

September 19, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Linda is pretty. ……May God hear your prayers.

7. Kate

September 19, 2016 at 10:41 pm

Take it to the bank,Linda is getting married soon to an amazing and hardworking igbo man from her state…Imo state.
    Rumour has it that dude lives and works in Europe.

• amebo

September 20, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Coded gist. Her boo is IG @ucheblacknight
      They met in Paris. Planning an intimate wedding in Milan!

8. Janee

September 19, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Wishing you all the best dear Linda.

9. Lacey

September 20, 2016 at 12:01 am

Many happy returns my dear lady Dame Linda Ikeji!And I hope you will stop posting very scary contents on your blog as you don mature to 36! and my dear Mark 11:23-24,my dear just believe and it is done! Since you desire to be a mother !

10. Naijatalk

September 20, 2016 at 12:05 am

This chic is hot

11. Random

September 20, 2016 at 1:24 am

It would be nice for Linda to learn from these comments and extend the type of kindness people have given her as she has exposed her vulnerability. Her one major flaw is being a platform that encourages people to bask in other people’s shame, mistakes and vulnerabilities.
    It’s refreshing to see that blog comments can be so nice. I wish her all the best..

• Anon Today

September 20, 2016 at 3:32 am

I don’t understand it when they say Linda is or creates a ‘platform that encourages people to bask in other people’s shame, mistakes and vulnerabilities ‘
      Maybe I’ll understand it when I’m sure it doesn’t happen on other blogs.
      Seems we don’t notice when she celebrates achievements by others. And she does it always.

• Majestic

September 20, 2016 at 5:06 am

Finally!!!Somebody with sense has arrived.

• The Real Oma

September 20, 2016 at 7:21 pm

My dear, me Three o, people talk of how she bullies people on her blog and i wonder how exactly…? If Linda is guilty then so is BN!

• Random

September 21, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Anon today her blog traffic was laid on a foundation of malicious gossip. She has evolved over time yes I agree but let’s not forget that the attention she was receiving was primarily because she had hot gist on people….and it wasn’t the type of hot gist that celebrated them. I have to admit I visited her blog only twice but it didn’t sit well in my conscience to go back there with all those mean comments. I wonder if she filters them now….
      Just saying…path to a better society is acknowledging our flaws. If someone was a drug dealer and then used the money to build a church or school, it doesn’t negate the fact that they also hurt people.
      There is also a way you present info that doesn’t humiliate people. I don’t see that in other blogs…or maybe it’s because she was a fore runner. No hard feelings though I do wish her well. She’s a pretty girl and will attract any man out there. Good luck to her.

12. aj

September 20, 2016 at 3:11 am

Linda Virgo Queen! God bless you and Happy birthday!

13. GY Online NG

September 20, 2016 at 7:06 am

Linda God will answer to your that heart desire wishes..

14. Ife

September 20, 2016 at 7:17 am

Dear Linda, please do it the right and proper way. Not going the baby mama way. Cheers!

15. Greenspanoil

September 20, 2016 at 7:58 am

Shalom .
    God bless you2vision and mission.
    Greenspanoil

16. californiabawlar

September 20, 2016 at 8:11 am

I hope no one decides to create an elaborate scam to take advantage of her sha.
    My own is that Linda is beautiful and it very understated. Happy birthday lady!

17. ...just saying

September 20, 2016 at 9:16 am

Linda is on the cover, yet the edition is all about curvy women? Confused much

18. lani

September 20, 2016 at 9:36 am

When a gossip blogger wants to bevome inspirational by fire by force. Such chiccy irony.

19. Prince

September 20, 2016 at 9:43 am

Your desires are met Linda. You’ll have your own children

20. Ud

September 20, 2016 at 9:45 am

Happy birthday Linda. I pray you get your wish soon. Worst case scenario, you can get a sperm donor. Marriage is not always what it’s hyped up to be.

21. lara

September 20, 2016 at 9:49 am

hmmm @ Lani, i pray God will open your eye of understand so you can know Linda is not just a gossip blogger.
    @Linda, God makes all things beautiful in his time, he will grant your heart desire and make you happy always. keep trusting him.

22. Osogagba

September 20, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Even if Linda Ikeji were to miraculously become Mother Teresa ( and truth be told, she’s done her bit in that same very direction), there would always be churlish types who’d have something negative to say about her. They still are still saying negative things about Mother Teresa even as recently as her canonization a fortnight ago by the Pope.

23. tina maciver

September 20, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Happy Birthday Linda Ikeji, long life and prosperity

24. ijs

September 20, 2016 at 3:14 pm

why cant she just adopt while waiting to find “the one”??

25. tobass

September 21, 2016 at 8:08 am

I wanna be Daddy

26. Mz Titilitious

September 21, 2016 at 11:08 am

HBD in arrears babe, God will fulfill your heart desires IJN (Amen) + those shoes i love them and u are looking stunning! #Virgorocks 😀