News

Man Stabbed to Death in Lagos Days After Winning Lottery

dreamstime_stabA 35-year-old man, Ejike Onyejekwe, has been killed in the FESTAC Town area of Lagos State, PUNCH reports.

According to a source:

The man won a lot of money in a lottery and from last Thursday to Friday, he was asking his friends to drink at his expense.

He was called on the phone that Friday evening and he went to meet a man. I suspect that a gang stabbed him and used an object to hit him in the head. There were bruises on his knees and it appeared they dragged him on the floor as well.

When the police were removing his corpse, blood was dripping from his mouth and nostrils. He was murdered in cold blood.

A resident, who did not want to be identified, said the chairman of the estate called the attention of residents to the corpse on Saturday.

“I was sipping tea around 7am when I heard the chairman blowing a whistle. I thought it was strange, but my wife called my attention to the surging crowd on the estate.

I went downstairs and saw the corpse on the road. Like everybody, I was alarmed. We could not tell how the corpse got there or who he was. He had multiple stab injuries in the head. We all resolved that the case should be reported at the FESTAC Police Station,” the resident said.

The Lagos Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, who confirmed the incident said:

“The chairman of one of the estates reported that at about 7am, he woke up and saw the victim lying lifeless with injuries on his head and body. The corpse was deposited at the Isolo General Hospital Mortuary for autopsy. Two suspects, Suleiman Ahmed and Ibrahim Yusuf, were arrested and the case transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID), Yaba, for further investigation.”

1. Nellyv

September 29, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Oh my gosh!! How heartless and wicked some people can be. Y killing him huuhh? D evil men should have looked for another way to take d money from him and spare his life. These days, those u think are ur friends are not your friends.Poor guy, the people that killed him will be among d guys he bought drinks for, the ones that hv sold their souls to devil, out of jealousy killed d innocent man in his own pool of blood.
    Nigeria police is a bad news, trust me nothing will come out of this investigation. May God avenge ur death Mr Ejike RIP.

2. beebee

September 29, 2016 at 2:29 pm

A lesson tho…. its good to keep quiet and be in solitude when good things happen to you, not everyone will be happy and since you might not know the real haters, keep quiet and avoid all.

• Anonymous

September 29, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Preaching to the choir. Just sympathize and move on….

• aj

September 29, 2016 at 9:02 pm

hmmmm Are you sympathizing with the man’s killers? beebee is saying the truth that people need to hear.

3. GOHI

September 29, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Your 100% correct Beebee. I have learnt to keep quiet about my successes and my failures. so many evil people posing as friends and family. I trust no one, May God deliver us from evil now and always Amen.

4. Marlvina

September 29, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Know your real friends. Not everyone who calls himself friend is loyal. Live a humble lifestyle too. It’s a wicked world we live in.

5. Joke

September 30, 2016 at 1:26 am

A good heart can get one in trouble. Yorubas say when your yam sprouts, you cover it up to eat it. This is very good advice considering how the country is…RIP

6. GBN.

September 30, 2016 at 2:30 am

“”two suspects, Suleiman Ahmed and Ibrahim Yusuf, “”

7. CUTTRED MEATLOAF!!

September 30, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Please and please get your facts right,i wonder how you guys come up with such stories,it never happened in 21 road but 402 road and the person in question did not win a lottery,kindly investigate before publishing…The dude was hacked down by some miscreants that followed him down to his abode,he is also a cool guy was nice to all,he just arrived town after a long while away,actually was generous to people around two days straight until he met his demise….RIPP EJIKE!!!!!