News

Mohammed Babangida Sent Police to Arrest or Shoot Me – Rahama Indimi’s Sister Alleges

A couple of days ago, an Instagram user @tulip_bistro who identified herself as a sibling to Rahama Indimi, the ex-wife of former military ruler, Ibrahim Babangida‘s son, Mohammed, alleged that Mohammed, in connivance with his aunty had hired assassins to kill Rahama.

@tulip_bistro also alleged that Mohammed had ordered a ‘surveillance’ team to surround her sister’s house. Read about it here.

On Monday, she shared photos on Instagram of how police officers, who she claimed was sent by Mohammed, allegedly assaulted her on her way to her house.

She said they tried to break into her car and take her phone, but they didn’t succeed.

See photos she shared:
Screenshot_2016-09-13-00-29-35-1Screenshot_2016-09-13-00-28-56-1Screenshot_2016-09-13-00-28-35-1

Hours later, she posted that she arrived home safely:

Screenshot_2016-09-13-00-28-21-1

1. Bola

September 13, 2016 at 1:19 am

This woman should try and leave the country (but i guess she can’t because of the custody battle) or make some noise internationally because these people are ruthless. We all know the kind of man she’s dealing with and their level of impunity. Madam Bola Shagaya , if you are truly involved you are a disgrace to all women . I hate women who join men in intimidating and harassing a fellow woman! If he wants custody of the kids (I can’t imagine him raising the kids with such hate and wickedness) then wait for the court to decide not trying to intimidate this woman . Mehn, the things women go through in this country. To leave a bad marriage in this society is usually hard because the men get all petty and aggressive and always try and take the kids. Kids that they will dump with the grandparents or another woman o, just to spite the woman for daring to get the balls to leave. That is why all sensible women and men should support women who are bold enough to make the move.

• john

September 13, 2016 at 9:39 am

one hand u bash men on the other hand, ur asking for their support..okay

2. Marlvina

September 13, 2016 at 1:52 am

I’m confused…

3. SorryNotSorry

September 13, 2016 at 2:20 am

I do not support men taking children away from their mothers at all. Mohammed needs to do the proper thing according to whatever law they both married under, which I guess is Sha’ri law. Those kids belong to both of them – they can share custody or work out an arrangement that is in the best interest of their kids. All they are doing right now = hurting their kids for live. I truly pray God will give them the wisdom to do what is right.

As for the sister, she is doing a bit too much. No matter what she says or does, Mohammed is the father of those kids. His blood runs through the veins of her nieces and nephews – whatever she says of him, she is also saying of them.

It is also very funny that she is alleging that he wants to kill her sister knowing full well that most people do not like his family (given all the stealing and killing that went on when their dad and mom were in power). I don’t know him but still … I am calling bullshit on her allegations.

Question: Did her family not know that Mo comes from a family that has no problem using power to get what they want? Shei they did not hear about the killings his folks did before Mo and his people came and asked for her sister’s hand in marriage? Is it not her father that was given oil wells under Mo’s father extremely oppressive regime? Is the money the Idimi family enjoying not part of blood money? All of them need to go and cry us a River.

May all the curses people have reigned on all corrupt politicians and the business men and women who join them to rob us blind and ALMOST destroy our country continue to come to pass.

Let everyone know that BLOOD MONEY will NEVER EVER BUY YOU AND YOUR GENERATIONS PEACE OR HAPPINESS. You will have that money but you will NEVER EVER ENJOY IT IN PEACE.

4. EE

September 13, 2016 at 3:25 am

I don’t want to be insensitive, but I’m not the only one who saw just slippers, a steering wheel and an SUV surrounded by a bunch of women?? No Police, certainly no shots and nobody’s been arrested………….So guess I’m confused too.

5. Ibukunoluwa

September 13, 2016 at 4:18 am

Marlvina, EE- maybe we are missing something here, I’m confused too.

6. dupsy

September 13, 2016 at 4:33 am

I am confused too! All I can see are pictures of a fine Infiniti steering wheel with a man in black trousers ( supposedly the driver). Another picture is that of female legs and slippers then some women talking.

I think it is best to wait for the truth of what really happened to come out, when it comes to divorce courts and custody issues it is really very difficult to know the truth from the he said and she said angles.

I really hope this Mohammed guy and his ex wife can come to a peaceful resolution all for the sake of their very young and cute kids.

7. Just my 1 Cents

September 13, 2016 at 6:47 am

This whole situation is such a hot mess. They need to figure their stuff privately without killing each other.

But then thinking about it again, Rahama may be indirectly crying out loud for help. Money can’t save them this time. Didn’t Rahama say the ex husband summoned her to a sharia court?? These people ruthless.

8. Khadija

September 13, 2016 at 7:08 am

Actually, the pic you should be focusing on is the rearview camera screen on the right of the steering wheel

• Amaa

September 13, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Exactly . I don’t like the Babangida’s their hands are tainted with blood and for me this is just the beginning of their woes until they confess and pay restitution to the Giwas and family they would no no peace.that said is it until this woman or members of her family die that some one will raise alarm this is obviously a case of she dared live me and took my children from me . Ego and the Nigeria men .
      I rember I read the ovation magazine when he married her he said when asked if he will marry a second wife he said never that his mum was an only wife that it’s a must in Islam .
      You can’t have the children Mohammad focus on your marriage an move on and stop bullying the Indimi’s nah all of you follow dabaru this country sharia law isn’t the federal law

9. truth hurts

September 14, 2016 at 7:32 am

They married under sharia law. Under sharia law, the man gets to keep the children. HE IS SIMPLY FOLLOWING WHAT HIS RELIGION TEACHES. THERE IS NO TWO WAYS ABOUT THAT. AT THE END OF THE DAY, we all are expecting some juicy gossip to leak.

• Say the truth

November 10, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Under sharia law the mother has the custody of the children until she marries another man. Then her mother gets the custody.