In this post, we’re giving you a basic shopping list of what to buy when you’re out shopping for nail care tools to build your nail kit.
Going to the nail salon is great especially when you’re in the mood to treat yourself but knowing how to care for your nails at home saves you money, and in times like this most of us are looking for ways to pinch costs.
Also, when your nail salon manicure/pedicure gets old, you don’t always have to run back there to fix it when you can do it yourself.
If you are that lady who doesn’t care much for nail extensions, silk wraps, gel manicures or maybe you don’t even know what those things are, this nail kit essentials list is for you. Here’s what you need for a simple at home manicure.
- Cotton Wool/Cotton Balls
- Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover; only use Acetone when you’re trying to soak off extensions/enhancements.
- Nail Cutter & Nail File; you’ll need both when trying to shape your nails.
- Buffing Block; this is used to smooth out the nail surface, remove ridges and make the nails shine without using polish. Some blocks com with nail files as well so you can get it two in one!
- Sugar Scrub; to exfoliate your hands for your at home manicure
- Cuticle remover; this is applied to the cuticle and used to loosen the skin from the nail plate.
- Orangewood Stick/Orange Stick; this is for pushing down your cuticles, remember never to cut them. Read more on this here
- Cuticle Oil; it’s important to keep your cuticles moisturised as well, it helps make them soft enough to push back. Read more on that here.
- Moisturizer; this is for your hands, no one wants dry hands.
- Nail Polish (nail treatment, base coat, color, and top coat); just incase you’d like to add a bit of colour and use a nail hardener or strengthener to improve the health of your nails..
Buying a full nail kit could be a waste a money because you don’t need every single tool in there for great nails and if not used properly, some of those tools could be dangerous. Those tool kits don’t come with other products like moisturiser, cuticle oil etc. So it’s best to have your own at home nail kit, a little purse where you can store these items for your DIY manicures.