Music

‘Panda’ rapper Desiigner charged with gun, drug possession after road rage incident

BellaNaija.com

Desiigner

Desiigner

Brooklyn rapper, Desiigner could be facing serious jail time after pointing a gun at a fellow motorist near the Lincoln Tunnel, New York City.

Desiigner, whose real name is Sidney Royel Selby, was riding in the back seat of a Cadillac Escalade on Thursday night when he got into an argument with the driver of another vehicle, according to TMZ. Police said, the rapper then flicked a cigarette at the other vehicle and waved a gun at the driver. The victim took down the license plate number of the SUV and called the cops.

IMG_20160910_044839

The rapper and four friends in the white SUV were stopped by police who found the gun, Oxycontin and other drugs. Desiigner was hit with drug and weapons charges.

Desiigner is known for his single, “Panda,” which rose to No. 1 in the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 in April. In February, he signed with Kanye West’s label Good Music.

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Anthony Harvey | TMZ

1. BlueEyed

September 10, 2016 at 6:53 am

Just look at this one, your career just kicked off, you have buzz, you only have one mixtape out, this is the beginning of the end of a very short career. These black rappers, should ask people like Jay-Z and Dr Dre the secret to longevity, because a lot of these kids don’t have a direction in life and it is sad.

• AceOfSpades

September 10, 2016 at 10:05 am

I tell you o! Let him go to prison….his mates are waiting for him there. People like Cannibus, Cassidy and Bobby Schmurder! I sha know Bobby Schmurder gan jewa lowo bayi bayi *Olamide’s voice*

2. DinonMC

September 10, 2016 at 7:34 am

He wants to be “Timmy Turner”,,,,Christ will save his soul from the furnace

3. CUTTRED MEATLOAF!!

September 10, 2016 at 8:30 am

Perhaps this dude need google to know Bobby Shmurder,anyway he will be meeting him real soon if care is not taken,one hit wonder and you are already getting excited,and to think he just signed with GOOD MUSIC…

4. David

September 10, 2016 at 8:33 am

Aunty Bella, morning ma. Pls in any way I might have offended you knowingly or unknowingly pls have mercy and forgive. The sub wey I dey use beg don almost finish, I might not be able to contact u for a while. Pls and pls reply me and let me know if I’ve been forgotten or not. I haven’t gotten any message from you pls.
    #UnhappyDay27winner #Emilinks

5. Kinle

September 10, 2016 at 8:50 am

I’ve always known this guy as a psycho…i Just pity your career…

6. Darius

September 10, 2016 at 8:59 am

Because he’s got one hit, he thinks he has arrived. Ode!

7. Iris

September 10, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Bella Naija. Bella. Bella Naija! How many times did I call you? It is 2016. There is no reason for your ‘next page’ button to be redirecting me to the Fifty movie. I have already seen it. I saw it in theatres. I have seen it on Netflix. It is not a new movie.
    These days when your button redirects me to another site I don’t even bother complaining; I just leave the site altogether. Today’s own is much though, because the promotion you appear to be doing is for a movie I HAVE ALREADY SEEN, inugo?

8. Tosin

September 12, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Eeeyaaaa
    I don’t know what oxycontin is tho

Eeeyaaa. His album is superviolent when you think about it, it’s also very funny music in that he’s so young and the sound is so frivolous e.g. what is panda, what is he saying, why so fast and faster lol. And he’s so happy and so smiley and happy,

I wish he would find Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, or just some sort of life compass so that he can stay out of trouble and make it to age 20 and insha’Allah make it to having grandkids without doing something very bad. Amen.
    Can’t believe I like his stupid song.