Scoop

Thank God they didn’t steal my sense of humour – Basketmouth confirms his Lekki Home Robbery Incident

Basketmotuh

Days ago we reported that Comedian Basketmouth and his family were robbed at their Lekki residence by armed men.

Click here if you missed it.

He has come out to say that they were indeed robbed and they also lost a lot of valuables during the incident but he thanks God and his friends for helping out

He said,

Yes I was robbed, yes they made away with a lot of valuables…….the great thing is that they didn’t steal my sense of humour. Myself, my wife and kids were not harmed, so we thank God. Big thanks to everyone that reached out, may God bless you abundantly.

Photo credit: Instagram/Basketmouth

1. Darius

September 9, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Basket-mouth makes us laugh and forget our sorrows. Why would anyone want to rob him?

2. olorire

September 9, 2016 at 12:40 pm

thank God,,,but this should be a lesson!! dont flaunt your your assets on social media…even your kids in their uniform!!!! pls stop it!!! if your page was private its ok at least you know its just your close relations and friends but not to the WORLD!!!

timi dakolo take note!

• Onome

September 9, 2016 at 1:03 pm

May jealously not choke you. You even mentioned Timi….so its their fault that they are robbed? I can’t deal with the vile of Bella Naija commenters anymore.

• Nan

September 9, 2016 at 4:55 pm

I didn’t know robberies didnt start until social media. Nigerians and victim blaming choked as “advice” are like rice and stew

3. Marlvina

September 9, 2016 at 1:39 pm

It’s unfortunate the robbery occurred but of course no one was hurt because it’s a bit obvious this was done by someone who is close to the family and has been to that house severally; to know about the cctv, where it was and to get it all disconnected without a hitch. That was fast! I can’t even rule that out. Anyways, we shld also be careful whom we let into our homes. Not everyone smiling at you is a true friend. Especially in this Buhari era; ppl are looking for fast and sharp ways to survive the recession.

• Nene

September 9, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Exactly

• Curios

September 9, 2016 at 4:11 pm

My dear u have a point.. But the list is long. If the house was recently built… Then every single labourer who worked there has an idea of the in and out of the house… From brick layers, to carpenters, to electrians, and the people who installed the so called CCTV. As a civil engineer this became a recent source of concern for me. You have these same fearful area boys working with u on a building project, even when it gets to the point of adding the finishes and u have doors and all installed…these guys must have already gotten a good picture in their heads of where everything is! They work on the site on a daily basis. Even if the house was bought, then the CCTV Guys, painters, electricians, plumbers are still suspects. I can literally draw d plan of houses I have worked on in the last 2years with approximate dimensions from my head. And I am sure the labourers can too… Its just crazy. I think for the CCtV thing if there’s away of cconnecting the stuff to the internet so that videos are uploaded to an online account as they are recorded, that might help.

4. Prince

September 9, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Naija celebs be careful and keep to what you have to yourself and thank God for it.

5. swagg1

September 10, 2016 at 11:27 am

I thought Lekki, the land of rich ppl is secure from robbers. .I guess not, please stay on the island, cuz we are doing just fine on the mainland.