Relationships

“Don’t judge a book by its cover” – Freeze says as he compares the Marriages of Charly Boy and Maheeda with that of Chris Oyakhilome and Chris Okotie

image-25Daddy Freeze is not one to shy away from expressing his opinion and in a recent post on Instagram, he talked about the fact that even with somewhat controversial brands, veteran musician Charly Boy and singer Maheeda have been more successful in their respective marriages than Pastors Chris Oyakhilome and Chris Okotie.

See his post below.

Couples above; Charlie boy and lady Di, Maheeda and Hubby.
Couples below; pastor Oyakimome and former wife, pastor Okitie and former wife.
———————-
Looking at the above couples there are so many things I can deduce.
1. Don’t judge a book by its cover.
2. The least likely to win very often win.
———————–
Is it also safe to ask…..
1. Since Maheeda and Charlie boy succeeded at marriage while these pastors failed, it’s better to get counseling from them than the pastors?
2. Is there something they know that the pastors don’t?
3. Do the pastors themselves need to be counseled by these couples?
4. Are we getting the whole concept of marriage wrong?
5. Does everyone really have someone made for them?
6. Is cooking as important as one pastor claimed?
7. Did the pastors not hear from God before they married their former spouses, or did they hear wrong? You know ’56’ sounds very much like ’66’ but they are 2 different numbers.
8. Is sexuality more important than we are are made to believe?
9. Should more women try to emulate Lady Di and Maheeda so their marriages can last?
10. Are you in the wrong relationship or marriage?

Answer as honestly as your conscience permits you!

1. kilipot

October 22, 2016 at 11:21 pm

This guy is just an idiot I swear, and whatever happened to your own marriage too? Can’t people just mind their damn business?

• Sean

October 23, 2016 at 4:08 am

One part of me says I should curse Freeze for the lame comparison lol, another part of me says I should just write my own point of view based on his questions. But i paused for a while and out of many things that came to my mind, the only thing that stood out is “LIFE IS A BATTLE ”

It’s so easy to point fingers at people, judge people or make comparism when we are not in their shoes. No one has it all, no one can give accurate answers to some of life’s critical questions. I don’t think success in life or marriage is based on religion, tribe or culture

God will help us to make right decisions always and give us the GRACE to win our individual’s LIFE BATTLES

• kilipot

October 23, 2016 at 8:37 am

Abi o

• LemmeRant

October 23, 2016 at 7:33 am

But what did pastors do to this guy?

• Emman.

October 23, 2016 at 11:50 pm

@Lemmerant, Did not support his atrocities, did not support his treatment of his wife, did not support his lifestyle/the way he as living his life and living whilst a married man, spoke the truth to him, ‘sided’ with his wife, and meted disciplinary actions e.g. roles he had previously played (and publicly), he could no longer play or function in.

• Chris.

October 23, 2016 at 11:35 pm

He is not just an “”idiot””, it has been evident;y clear for a long time now that he is an anti-Christ. He is NOT a Christian. He is NOT a disciple of Jesus Christ. He is not a believer neither a true student of the Word of God. He manifest neither the fruits nor the gifts of the Holy Spirit of God. I pity all those who allow themselves to be led astray by him and others like him released from the pit of hell on satanic assignment for these end times. But, much more, if I could spare any more pity, would I pity him and his cohorts for by the time God executes His Divine Judgment, “”it would be far better for him that a millstone were hung around his neck and that he were thrown into the sea.””

• Saparole.

October 23, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Charly boy that is on his fifth marriage or so, that had extramarital affairs, that has at least seven children from extramarital affairs, that sleeps in a coffin, that engages in necromancy, speaking to the dead/demons, surrounds himself with human skulls of all shapes and sizes, kisses boys, surrounds himself with women in the name of ‘art’/’entertainment’, brings 7 ‘virgins’ into his home to spend intimate time with and talk to the dead/demons through, supposedly, is who should be a role model, a mentor for any sane, Godly, self-respecting, person? Let birds of a feather continue to flock together. People who can call themselves and go by meaningless and negative, non-progressive identities such as Freeze and Charly BOY, should not surprise anyone by their mutual admiration and association.

• annonymous

October 24, 2016 at 12:34 am

You dey vex because he is saying the truth. You don’t have to lie about the couples to make a point. Freeze is an idiot don’t get me wrong but he point out something and frankly he sounds shiner than you.

• Onyeka Nwelue

October 24, 2016 at 9:01 am

What an idiot! Shows you don’t know Charly Boy!

2. EC

October 22, 2016 at 11:28 pm

For once I agree with freeze. As I have gotten older I have learnt not to assume when it comes to relationships.

3. Mr. Egghead

October 22, 2016 at 11:31 pm

I see Freeze is now one of the new writers on BN.
    Congrats to him

• Corolla

October 23, 2016 at 12:58 am

LMAOOO! I swear.

4. Marlvina

October 22, 2016 at 11:52 pm

Daddy Freeze You’ve forgotten that Pastors are also humans and not immortals. They have feelings too even if they are filled with annointing from God towards their ministry. Yes there are times, their human nature comes forth and probably takes control of them. I can’t actually compare people’s marriages to say what went wrong or whose running his or her marriage best because I was never a part of their union. To each his own! In the case of Chris and Anita, even the bible (Mat. 5:32) backs the issue of divorce on the grounds of sexual immorality. Tho God generally frowns against divorce. But then whom am I to start analysing people’s marriages/home? I’ve got mind to work out. We all are running an individual race.

• Nakoms

October 23, 2016 at 7:11 am

But Nigerians worship Pastors as if they are immortal and hang on thier every word. You mention anointing. Should it cover only one aspect of your life, in this case your preaching ability and not encompass your very existence. So an armed robber can also preach because he has the anointing! Or is infidelity less a single than robbery? Whatever happened to the fruits of the spirits?

What freeze posted is really food for thought. The wind of social media is exposing SOME of these Pastors for what they are!

Check out this link and see what anita oyakilome wrote about thier modus operandi.

• Marlvina

October 23, 2016 at 4:36 pm

My dear, if you stray out of God’s path for a second, the devil takes over your spirit & mind and that’s when we get to hear some atrocities some MOG commit. Yes, they may be filled with the anointing to preach the gospel but at all times they need to revive themselves spiritually to abstain from freshly desires because they’re still human afterall.

5. Omoh

October 22, 2016 at 11:55 pm

Abegiii!!! Freeze should freeze himself already!!! What determines failure? How does he know his “better couple” are better than the others? Does he know what day break will bring on his better couple? In his feeble mind because his better couple are still in their marriage today. Mind you. this marriage Charly Boy is in, is not his first, neither is this marriage his second. It’s not even his third. Freeze is the person who needs to shut up and stop judging by what he sees, better still, perceives.

• tolu

October 23, 2016 at 12:18 am

@omoh, with due respect. Pls sit en think over wot he wrote. Not chris okotie’s first marriage too. These are the people alot look up to. So wot are they teaching? Does that means they support when ur marriage is in trouble leave and marry another one and another one till u get it right or wot. Stop deceiving ursef he made alot of sense but u might not like his personality. To be a pastor isnt automatic to heaven. Alot of them here are just businessmen take it or leave it. U will be amazed if u know few things about many. U dnt need to yab to make ur point. I agreed with freeze

6. carnal much

October 22, 2016 at 11:55 pm

Would have ignored your rants but for the purpose of the feeble minded ones.

The devil fights everything divine. He needs not fight anything /anyone that is within his confines or belongs to him already.

Every force of hell is waging war at everything belonging to those working in the Vineyard.

Anyways, I don’t expect you to understand that cos the carnal can’t understand the things of the spirit

• Anonymous

October 23, 2016 at 3:43 am

I agree with this but my problem with it is that it prevents us from digging deep and solving real issues that Christian marriages have. It justifies the marital issues and doesn’t encourage looking for potential sources of problem and solving them. So brother Jude and Sister Nkiru are married and having problems. The devil is after them so they start praying and fasting. They have already removed the blame from themselves and placed it on the devil so no need to work on themselves or even look inward.

• Bimbo

October 23, 2016 at 1:38 pm

The devil stays winning [email protected]!! Ĺol

• tolu

October 23, 2016 at 9:13 pm

@papermoon, wot of adeboye and others that are getting it right on marriage. Why do u people always support what is wrong when it comes to pastor’s issue. So devil doesnt attack non christians lol. Funny people

7. Anonymous

October 23, 2016 at 12:00 am

I got into be wring marriage with a supposedly very moral and strong Christian man who I later found lied about alot of things just so that he could look good enough for me to marry him. I closed my eyes to sexual compatibility because I felt it would lead me astray before marriage and I didn’t want premarital sex. Suffice it to say that i found out when we got married that we could not be more sexually incompatible. Christianity is good but many Christians abandon their brains somewhere and do not THINK. Because Christianity some how makes you believe thinking and logic are not compatible with faith. Thus many do things without thinking logically. The difference is many unbelievers actually do things that make marriage sweet. The things Christians have been told are bad. Christians enter marriage with zero or no regard for sexuality and matters that concern sexuality. I found out that it matter so much. You must absolutely love the person you are with before committing to marriage. You must want to always be with the person and have erotic thoughts without thinking it’s a demonic thing. Lol. Yes there’s something unbelievers do that Christians don’t do.

• Dogood

October 23, 2016 at 2:11 am

Sorry about your situation, but you cannot conclude that Christian are not sexual because of some few examples. Yes some Christians cannot seperate sex from sin, which is wrong because in marriage sex is allowed and needed as water is to taste. Some Christians twist the bible for selfish reasons but that doesn’t mean that others should not follow God’s word of abstinence before marriage.

• Nahum

October 23, 2016 at 2:36 am

“Unbelievers” are not pretentious. They keep it real with one another. They don’t allow the Good Books to bully them into doing what is against their spirit i.e. Unnecessary submission in the face of abuse. Unbelievers speak their mind and tell you how they feel. Unbelievers have fun, they enjoy wine, sex and going out together. Over religious folks are so busy painting a perfect picture for the world, they do not tend their gardens. My observations!!!

• Anonymous

October 23, 2016 at 3:36 am

I get what you mean. But let me add that when you say “Unbelievers are not pretentious”, you also mean that Believers are pretentious. I can speak for myself. I am not pretentious. But in trying to follow the bibe and “die to self”, it is easy to judge many believers as pretentious. Not all Christians are real in their faith or choice to walk with God. But the ones that are, really ignore themselves, their feelings because they believe they are doing what is right. I still feel it is the inability to really think and be logical that a lot of well meaning Christians do not have. A well meaning Christian would choose a spouse so key because the person seems to be a strong Christian ignoring other aspects that are equally important. How many serious Christians talk dirty in bed? How many even give and receive oral sex? Even worse, how many have very good work ethics that lead to wealth? How many will let their wives wear cleave revealing clothes and look sexy for their spouse on a night out? How many will ever entertain the thought of going to a bar for a drink? I can go on and on but let me stop here and end with this: a great challenge is how easy it is to misinterpet the bible and God and not be in tune with oneself, which is a cause of marital breakdown among Christians.

• Anonymous

October 24, 2016 at 7:52 am

Christians are not pretentious either infact hypocrisy is the hallmark of a non Christian

• NationalSquirrel

October 24, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Like this overly religious pentecostal guy at my office that is married with two kids , a deacon at church, but wants to f- me.

8. Marlvina

October 23, 2016 at 12:03 am

BN behave yourself o! Stop giving me headache!

9. Marlvina

October 23, 2016 at 12:16 am

As I was saying, Daddy Freeze forgets that pastors are also humans and not immortals. They have feelings too even though they have some anointing from God towards their ministry. Yes there are times, their human nature takes total control over them. Personally, I won’t actually compare ones marriage to state what went wrong or who’s handling it better than the other because I was never a part of their union. To each his own! In the case of Chris and Anita, even the bible (Mat. 5:32) backs divorce on the grounds of sexual immorality. Though God generally frowns against divorce. But then again, whom am I to analyze people’s marriages? I have mine to work out by God’s grace. We all are running an individual race.

10. angie

October 23, 2016 at 12:23 am

Freeze!!!! You are sooooooo cluelesssss! It is like your brain is on “FREEZE” mode. Biko why was this post published on BN?

• Meah

October 23, 2016 at 11:15 am

You are the clueless one
      I fear for your future

11. blame shifter

October 23, 2016 at 12:27 am

@anonymous

You said a supposed xtian leader, Are you an unbeliever?
    Why did you marry him if you didn’t share his faith?
    did he force you or put a gun to your head?

You all will go and force yourself to marry and be coming up with sob stories

From your stories now, sex is the problem making u to doubt his faith. If you got married and found out you are sexually incompatible, whose fault is that?

If you people abstained, isn’t it your duty(both of you) to learn and spice it up? Plus being a believer doesn’t mean you should be ignorant about sex education. If you people never talked about it during courtship, you have your own faults too

12. melady

October 23, 2016 at 12:30 am

Well I must say I am nt surprised by freeze’s ridiculous post, afterall a person who is capable of cropping an old picture he took wit basketmouth’s wife just 2 deceive people into believing dey had sumtin 2geda…… Its obvious d guy is sick, if he really wanted 2 mk a point he shld av included d picture of himself nd his ex-wife 2geda wit dt of d 2 pastors,if he is so wise,y did he divorce his wife?

13. Idiota

October 23, 2016 at 12:35 am

STFU Freeze. You cannot give what you do not have. Typical uncouth Nigerian man nonsense masquerading as wisdom.

How about “Should more men try to emulate Lady Di’s and Maheeda’s *husbands* so their marriages can last?”

14. Omoh

October 23, 2016 at 12:57 am

@Anonymous, you couldn’t be more right and I sympathize with you on your marriage.

15. MyView

October 23, 2016 at 1:10 am

A few good points from the absolute wrong messenger. Freeze ain’t nobody trying hear from you.

16. Emmy

October 23, 2016 at 1:38 am

What is this? He actually sat down, compiled these couples’ pictures and wrote a critique! Wow!!
    …… I have no words to say.

17. wedu

October 23, 2016 at 2:09 am

Freeze, I don’t even think it;s right to use charlies boys marriage as a yard stick or in any form of comparison because he too has had many failed marriages . His marriage to Lady D isn’t the first , He had like two or three divorceses before it worked out for him with lady D…………Since you want to do comparison. It would have been nice to have seen Pastor Adeboye, Pastor Paul Adefarasin,, ….Pastor Taiwo Odukoya up there ………….Lets not compare or mock Christians or pastors because no one is perfect……whether you are a christain /pastors , unbeliever etc it’s all by the grace of God

• Emman.

October 23, 2016 at 11:55 pm

@wedu, may God bless you, and your ewedu will never cease to draw in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

18. Naijainfoshare

October 23, 2016 at 2:09 am

thats a nice one freeze.

19. observe much

October 23, 2016 at 8:24 am

For every 2 clerical marriages that failed, I’ll give you 10 that didn’t. [email protected] I agree with you completely

20. Stace

October 23, 2016 at 9:15 am

At this juncture, it might be important to note this very important point that “no two marriages are the same” shikenan!

21. Papacy

October 23, 2016 at 10:38 am

I wonder why Pastor freeze didn’t use his own marriage picture? I do believe that the greater the grace, the stronger the temptations. Being a pastor also doesn’t mean that one knows all. Again, a marriage may last for a long time but both partners are miserable. You then look at the divorcees and pass judgement. It’s just never black and white.

22. Arole Oodua

October 23, 2016 at 11:29 am

See the insensitive people shouting ‘UNBELIEVER’ up an dan in this comment section. Everyone is a believer,some just don’t believe in what you belive in. Maybe you should be saying ‘Christ Unbeliever’ but then muslims believe in Christ, they just don’t believe he is God the anything-whether the son or the grandpa.. So maybe you should say ‘unbeliever in christainity’..that would cover every non-christian and even people who don’t believe in any religion or in God at all. I have always said that Southern muslims (Yoruba muslims particularly) are the most peaceful and most tolerable in Nigeria. Granted that Northern muslims are beasts when it comes to religion, Yoruba muslims endure so much but still keep the peace. In offices across Yorubaland,(this happened severally when I was in Banking), they pray in christianity without any regard for the fact that there are (there may be) muslims/atheists around and everyone is expected to join. When I was being inducted as a professional member of a foremost professional Institute in Lagos, you’d think we were in a church,they were quoting bible and praying in christianity profusely. A lady (hijabite) told me she was in a taxi,another lady beside her(stranger) was preaching to her without any prompt o and depsite seeing her on hijab, she politely said she wasnt interested. The stranger offered her a tract, she turned it down , as the hijabite was getting off the taxi, stranger forcefully threw the tract on her. Stories of aggressive evangelism like this are what Yoruba muslims go through daily. Not everyone will be christian just as we wont all be muslims.Dear Yoruba christian, let’s learn to be considerate and to always respecct the choice/persuasion of the other person. People hardly say this, they just endure it in silence and peace but I just had to say it seeing these ‘unbeliever’ thing up an dan.

• Anonymous

October 24, 2016 at 7:56 am

Wait till you see how northern monarchs are trying to make Christians muslims you will shut up. Does it make it right nooe but to educate you it is not restricted to a religion. How about Habiba in katsina you all kept quiet but christian are easy prey for the gullible be guided

23. Gino

October 23, 2016 at 11:56 am

This is a rather shallow comparism. From a distance, you cannot “assume” what models these couples employ in their marriage. For Instance Will & Jada, T.I. and Tiny have been married for over 16years and are still together. But then, it’s an open marriage. Are they worth emulating? Does than necessarily make them worthy marriage counsellors? So, No Freeze, I dont think the pastors need to be counselled by these couples.

24. Papermoon

October 23, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I am a Christian and I believe in the mandate of men of God but lately, I have observed that the pulpit actually attracts a lot of ARROGANT people who find a lot of space on the pulpit to lord it over members. Since everything they claim is in the name of God, people don’t usually question them. Any effort to question them is an affront to the Holy Spirit or God. They claim all sorts of special grace, unction, anointing and elevations from God and put everyone else beneath them. The danger is that a lot of these men of God feel their superiority above all is God ordained and they defend their arrogance with Bible quotations. Of course if one goes into a marriage with the arrogance of thinking HE is special…….the tendency to misbehave is great and sadly no one can tell you cos they are all beneath you. We must pay attention to how Pastors refer to their wives ………. probably those we think are worldly don’t claim to have any special anointing and are conscious of their weaknesses and therefore work on them. Probably that’s what happens. This is my observation

25. tolu

October 23, 2016 at 9:38 pm

@papermoon, u jst realised wot u wrote before en quickly changed ur mind. Nice 1

• Papermoon

October 24, 2016 at 10:22 am

How is that?

26. Idomagirl

October 23, 2016 at 9:47 pm

I am personally no fan of either Okotie or Oyakhilome but this is a very childish and overly simplistic way of looking at relationships/marriage.

Freeze like many Nigerians is making the mistake of believing that a marriage is healthy and something to aspire to simply because the couple are still “together” and not divorced.

You can never know what is going on behind the scenes, so all this talk of who to emulate for the marriage to last is BS.

No Nigerian woman should emulate Maheeda or anyone else for her marriage to last because every marriage is unique and their husbands are different the husbands of the women they are emulating.

There’s no one-size fits all approach to this thing.

27. Yve

October 24, 2016 at 8:38 am

Pointless write up….

There are also a lot of successfully married pastors and a lot of ‘deviants’ (for lack of a better word) with failed marriages. Its not like marriage has just one formula. Its not that simple.

Instead of psychoanalyzing everyone Freeze should probably take time to work on himself and find out what works for him.

28. The real D

October 24, 2016 at 3:53 pm

After reading different articles on marriage on BN, different comments on said topics on BN and other platform, even reading different view points of our spiritual leaders in Nigeria. I have been forced to come to the conclusion that the average Nigerian does not fully grasp what the institution of marriage is all about. The average Nigerian views marriage has a goal to be achieved and nothing else. I will speak from a moral stand point because I also know none religious individuals who have been able to make their marriages work not just work but happy, butterfly inducing relationship, till death do us part and some even after death has taken one of them away, the love is still present. These are people who truly understand what marriage is all about.

What saddens me is that we are not even close to getting it right. I know someone who is called the match making mistress and goes about to give talks to singles and churches about relationship but does not hesitate to talk about how she did not love her husband when she married him. This is someone who have’n followed her story for awhile, I realized viewed and still views marriage has a goal. The goal is about snatching the next available human that comes your way and making it work out post getting to the altar. While I understand that some marriages have made it work these way, (although I will like to know how many are actually happy not just stuck in a marriage). After watching my sister snatch the next guy that showed interest in her and race to the altar, just weep bitterly on her wedding day post vows because she had just begun to realize what she had gotten herself into and then die a few years later, I have come to strongly believe marriage like anything else good is not meant to be patch work I.e we will just make it work after the vows. It requires a strong foundation and both parties constantly and consciously building on said foundation. If I were to write on this topic even an article on BN no go do….God help us….the truth is, it is actually quite straightforward but we are constantly trying to over complicate things.

29. danielz

October 24, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Before making a bold statement, he @ daddy freeze should also include his picture in the equation,cus he also failed in his marital life too..Don’t throw stones while leaving in a glass house..He @ daddy freeze failed in his marriage,coming here to throw shouts @ pastor,nobody is has the right to judge..#Myopinon

30. ACE

October 25, 2016 at 1:38 pm

The spirit of God revealed this to U!!!!!

31. Richie

February 9, 2018 at 12:09 pm

Nigerians are fond of attacking the person, personality or bringer of a message, instead of ignoring the person and paying attention to the message. Sometimes even a mad person sees vision, sometimes even a poor person can give you rich ideas. And yes, enough of worshipping them G.Os and pastors as if they can do no wrong. I have seen it all.