Relationships

First Look: George Okoro & Rakiya’s Introduction & Engagement

BellaNaija.com

We told you George Okoro and his sweetheart Rakiya were starting their wedding celebrations very soon!

The couple got engaged last week – click here to see the surprise proposal at The Wedding Mall and pre-wedding photos!

They had their traditional introduction and engagement today surrounded by family and friends, including fellow photographer Obi Somto and Play Networks CEO Charles Okpaleke.

***
George Okoro and Raykia_Introduction_4 George Okoro and Raykia_Introduction_1 George Okoro and Raykia_Introduction_2 George Okoro and Raykia_Introduction_3

Photo Credit: Instagram.com | Obi Somto | #RayGee2016

1. @lonitagram

October 8, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Beautiful ? ? ? i love her outfit ???

2. Juju

October 8, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Didn’t he just propose three days ago? :s :s . Abi is this another forever hashtag?

3. Ellena

October 8, 2016 at 10:40 pm

I will take it that the bride is pregnant, and they already fixed a date for the introduction, and in between, he decided to put a ring on it.
    Rakiya is a very beautiful woman, very very beautiful. George you be correct man ? congratulations

• ATL's finest

October 8, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Lol exactly what I thought too. Oh well all na blessings. They bride is cute but is it just me that thinks she’s kinda stiff in her neck region?? Kinda tensed instead of been relaxed.

• wale

October 9, 2016 at 2:55 am

A igbo man has fallen mugu to a yoruba woman, he will start carrying plate to canteen to buy food for the family

• lola

October 9, 2016 at 5:43 am

Wale,she is from the Northern part not Yoruba

• o

October 9, 2016 at 7:24 am

I tire for Mr Wale ooooo….

• Bee

October 9, 2016 at 7:26 am

I think she’s kinda stiff too..

• I no send you

October 9, 2016 at 9:15 am

Yes! After all the struggle, who wouldn’t have a stiff neck? Yeah belle don book George he got no option than to do sharp sharp. To me there wouldn’t have been the engagement since the intro is by the corner. All being said, congrats to Nwa afo Igbo. Na correct man wen get shaaap eyes.?

• Uberhaute looks

October 9, 2016 at 4:19 pm

And you are not Wale.
      Hml to George and Rakiya

4. nnenne

October 8, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Congratulations to you two .

5. Ethio

October 8, 2016 at 11:40 pm

relationships, weddings, asoebi,marriage,blahblahblah me thinks marriage is boring.. or unnecessary or some kinda burden , anyone shaa. *don’t bother coming for me, the weed won’t let me see your face*

• Anonymous

October 9, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I absolutely agree with you and i dey see clearly.

6. H

October 8, 2016 at 11:42 pm

engaged on sunday and had an elaborate introduction today….all these surprise engagements are photo tricks and make believe! Its so bad that today’s brides pose as surprised even when they shopped for the ring!! crazy world, congrats to George Okoro and his bride!!!

7. omoh

October 9, 2016 at 12:33 am

Pls what’s d email add for BN, need to send in something. Thanks

8. Me

October 9, 2016 at 2:27 am

It’s so nice to see more inter tribal marriages been accepted. This is love winning not the gay type of love wins.

9. Asa

October 9, 2016 at 2:51 am

@me you don come again which one be gay type love haba. Congrats to them.

10. vora

October 9, 2016 at 5:21 am

wale,she is from zaria…anyway i used to think that proposals re meant to be surprises,bt wen u propose few days to ur introduction?…so y ask her to marry u wen u don fix introduction?abi no be marry u wan marry her before.anyway wats my biz..lol..HML my brother george ,may God bless ur new home Amen

• Ss

October 9, 2016 at 7:22 am

Ever heard of, “different strokes for different folks” ??

• Abujababe

October 9, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Not the first time I’ve heard it. Different strokes I guess!

• Adelicious

October 10, 2016 at 5:17 pm

I thought she was from Kaduna? Anyways, the proposal could have been a surprise cos I’ve seen many cases where a couple already know they would eventually get married and start planning wedding but the guy just wants to give his babe the proposal experience.. A friend had already done intro sef before he remembered that he didn’t propose, We sha had to form beach party and he surprised her with a beautiful proposal (wedding plans were already on-going) babe teared up cos she never hexperrerit….

11. o

October 9, 2016 at 7:27 am

This is what Yoruba’s call “papapa” as in sharp sharp. Guess this was all planned before the ‘surprise’ proposal. Probably there’s a bun in the oven. Congratulations guys. God bless your union

12. Deedee

October 9, 2016 at 9:22 am

Be happy for them

13. Kay

October 9, 2016 at 9:38 am

I’m so confused o. Must she be pregnant to marry in few days?? What of the people that got married the same day. Ahn ahn abi if they have the money why won’t they do it. Y’all should mind your freaking business!

14. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

October 9, 2016 at 10:33 am

Them try, was thinking he was going to throw away millions of naira on the wedding. It looks normal if u ask me.?

• Abujababe

October 9, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Haha good insight

15. Anonymous

October 9, 2016 at 11:13 am

Lool all the pepper body people that hate to see extravagant weddings must be so happy now. From the last post someone actually asked if they would enter a marriage they prepared for. Didn’t know expensive weddings are more likely to be rubbish, As if all the (millions of) scandalous naija marriages all featured on BN. I don’t even know why we’re discussing her being pregnant or not. She’s pretty sha. HML

16. sowhy

October 9, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Why are there no pics of the epic wedding of the year from umora16? You guys have been surprisingly quiet about this wedding no pics why? It is such a fairy-tale wedding.

17. jajaja

October 9, 2016 at 1:35 pm

Why have you guys kept mum on the swoon worthy wedding of the year that happened over the past few days? No pics nothing. It was such a grand affair so why no pics? Abi una no dey do weddings ni?

18. Nene

October 9, 2016 at 3:04 pm

I don’t see chemistry between them, especially from the girl.

19. Rose

October 9, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Not being rude but how do these guys manage to get such beauties?! There has been so many weddings featured where the men are clearly punching above their weight. Ya I know looks are not everything just saying.

• Vain

October 9, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Many of the women are not as beautiful in real life as they look in these pictures.
      All the face beating and retouched photos…

• Mujercasada

October 9, 2016 at 11:23 pm

Nne, money and connections will make you appealing to super models anytime.

20. Adelicious

October 10, 2016 at 5:20 pm

He had a very small and intimate trad, their choice…

21. Kola

October 19, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Nawa oh, an Ibo guy marrying an Hausa lady? She is beautiful sha but its unusual.