News

NIPOST Introduces Delivery of Agricultural Goods, Electronics, Cosmetics, Others

NAN

nipost-1In its attempt to remain relevant and be profitable in world of IT, the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) has introduced delivery of agricultural goods.

The federal government-owned postal service also included in its delivery package, pharmaceutical drugs and cosmetics.

Others are automobile spare parts, electronics and electrical parts, computer and accessories, furniture and household items, beverages and assorted food items.

With the introduction of the service, the organization has effectively diversified from mere mail delivery and money service.

The Post Master General of NIPOST, Asiwaju Adegbuyi, said their target clientele cuts across all classes of customers.

They are individuals, traders and non-traders, corporate organizations, conglomerates, manufacturing and trading companies and industries.

He added that the mode of transportation would be land (road), sea, rail and air.

Adegbuyi, who was repreawnted by Plateau State Area Post Master Manager Malam Abubakar Usman, spoke at World Post Day in Jos.

NIPOST, he said, was planning to bring postal leaders and stakeholders to discuss new ways of transforming their business to meet costumers’ needs in changing Postal paradigm.

NIPOST had earlier adopted the internet in a variety of ways to enhance services to our customers.

It includes the delivery of cargo in remote rural areas, taking money to bank customers where they do not have branches and e-commerce services within and outside the country to meet customers’ daily needs.

It introduced special electronic money transfer platform in order to meet the demand of its clients, especially the rural dwellers.

The organization also introduced new mobile services which would be undertaken simultaneously with NIPOST’s traditional door to door mail service delivery system.

The innovation came to fruition after NIPOST struck a partnership deal with some commercial banks in the country.

1. About time

October 11, 2016 at 8:54 am

About time.

2. Roma

October 11, 2016 at 9:20 am

Are they just waking up? I hope people won’t start complaining about stolen goods/packages.

• jhennique

October 12, 2016 at 9:03 am

LOL. They are quite good tho. been using them for years. They need to be more versatile tho so thank God for this

3. Change

October 11, 2016 at 9:51 am

I’m very happy about this. NIPOST is one of the few government establishments that actually works and no one gives them credit. If you send stuff from Nigeria abroad, it gets delivered just like Royal Mail. They used to deliver my Asos things one time.
    I’m glad they’re evolving with time. Kudos to the brain behind this. If they can work on the speed of delivery, they’ll beat these logistics companies e-commerce websites use.

4. @edDREAMZ

October 11, 2016 at 10:24 am

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Atlist many will be employed in that field.. Gud one
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

5. Tru

October 11, 2016 at 10:44 am

The one positive about recession is that it forces countries to innovate, or at least find ways to stay relevant and profitable. It’s time Nipost stopped being a money guzzler and actually contribute to the economy.

6. Lala

October 11, 2016 at 11:27 am

So I can re-open my business then.I was Selling through Jumia in Nigeria and they were collecting 30% from every item I sold and this year, they introduced warehouse charges on top of the 30% which made me leave them.
    I am considering medicinedirect. This way people can order just prescription medicines, topical creams, vitamins and original cosmetics from abroad without the hefty Nigerian prices. The majority of our people can only afford the necessities of life, I.e- food, medicine, shelter n transport. When I was in Nigeria, I noticed that there were some medications people could not find. Also, I wonder if there are ribbed condoms, quality lubricants and other sexual healthcare products. Even in the UK, sometimes the best sexual healthcare products are sold online.
    With postal services, people can receive their goods in at least 2 weeks.

Just a thought, I may not do it…..

7. N. M.

October 11, 2016 at 1:57 pm

This is a welcomed idea….I get my Asos stuff delivered on time from Nipost. I wish they will work on their timing though when delivering across Nigeria.

Nice.

8. Bee

October 11, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Just as I am rooting for FAMAD footwear (formerly BATA)..I’m totally supporting this. I do hope they keep at it though, and give us some other option of sending stuff around..so that we can put almighty overrated DHL where they belong.
    My only concern is that they haven’t emphasised on speed of their services..
    Glad Nigerian Industries are waking up now..

• ceetoo

October 11, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Please where can i go and root for FAMAD abeg i seriously want them back… ah. Show me the way let me do my bit too.

9. Naijatalk

October 11, 2016 at 6:15 pm

BN please what in the world is this sentence “Adegbuyi, who was REPREAWNTED by Plateau State Area Post Master Manager Malam Abubakar Usman, spoke at World Post Day in Jos.”

10. Fejiro

February 15, 2020 at 8:17 pm

Please can I send all my belongings to delta using nipost