Scoop

Toju Foyeh & Do2dtun call out a Nigerian Airline for “Unprofessional and mediocre service”

Toju Foyeh Dotun Kayode

Designer Toju Foyeh as well as OAP/Hypeman Do2dtun have both called out a Nigerian airline for the airline’s “unprofessional and mediocre service”.

They both called out the airline this week with Toju Foyeh sharing her displeasure four days ago while Do2dtun vented about the airline yesterday.

Toju Foye wrote:

I usually don’t do this but I’m PISSED to the MAX!!! This pathetic excuse of an airline @flyarikair needs to be put on blast for the world to know the unprofessional and mediocre service they are operating. My advice is, if you @flyarikair cannot operate a decent service especially on an international flight it is better to CLOSE SHOP, than take our hard earned money in return for outright stupidity, that is THEFT!!!!! Flight for Accra was meant to leave at 7.20, after being treated as hungry refugees and hurried to check in, the unprofessional staff at check in had the audacity to hold on to my ticket and passport until I paid for excess luggage of 6kg!!! I was confused and frustrated, I got to the ticket office only to find out my passport and ticket were being withheld for a mere N6,000!!!! Are you kidding me???? The ticket to Ghana costs N135,000 and you withhold and international passport for about 5% of the cost of a ticket??? Are you that hungry and desperate for cash? If so…CLOSE SHOP

Moving on, finally checked in only to find out the plane wasn’t even on ground….so what exactly was the fuss about??? After waiting for an hour the plane finally arrives….no apology…why would they apologise?? After all we are Nigerians right? We don’t deserve any form of courtesy??? You take what you get? No Arik…CLOSE SHOP.

After arriving in Accra, to my surprise our suitcases did not arrive….please let me explain…NO SUITCASES were boarded on the flight….so about 50 passengers and NO SUITCASE on the conveyor belt??? Once again….no apology? Because we are animals right??? Tired and frustrated, we all left the airport on the promise that out suitcases will arrive on the 5pm flight…..can you guess what happened next??????? Our suitcases STILL not here…we are told it MAY be on the next flight or tomorrow morning????? You pathetic @flyarikair still have no form of decency to even apologise or find a solution.

In my opinion your pathetic excuse of an airline @flyarikair needs to SHUT DOWN, you are HIGHLY INCOMPETENT! I don’t want an apology just give me my suitcases in ONE PIECE! Will NEVER fly this airline again, in my opinion #boycottarikair

Do2dtun wrote:

Ah! @flyarikair please give it up! Why I kept my cool until you did this today. I checked in my bag in Lagos to come to London and my wristwatch, bling Danshiki and Perfume were stolen. No issues, i kept my cool.

Delayed the flight into London for 2 straight hours, I no talk.
I paid for a Business class ticket but you didn’t think it was right to apologize when you changed the plane to a Boeing rubbish caravan that had no Entertainment system, had a bad announcer, chairs with no bed rest, no refunds etc .. I still no talk o!

Now to come back to my work without any issues, you cancelled the flight and think giving me a free ticket will sort it out. I have to be on the radio (work) & also host a show tomorrow in Lagos paid for, how the hell am I going to do it with these unfair s*** you call a service. I can’t believe it. Is it by force to do International. I don’t rant about things like this but this is absolutely taking a piss to the highest level. Give it up, KOLE WERK!!! .. me sef no get sense, I for just fly another airline jeje o! National Carrier disgracing us up and down… I am in deep s*** cos I already signed a contract and office sef no play at all. Olohun! all the ARIK in our destiny, please remove it. Awon alakoba iranu

1. Nana Baby

October 13, 2016 at 12:20 pm

I don’t know why they bothered. Nigerians will be angry at them for complaining. Be careful o before they lock you up for kwarupshun. Too many problems beyond our public and private sector, even our national orientation is messed up. Or is it our demi gods called religious leaders. Young professionals returning home to try and fix things are very brave. People are dying because no forex for medical surgeries- yet Vuharia is ajala’ing the place

2. Marc Francis of Chelsea

October 13, 2016 at 12:23 pm

We really all need to band together and boycott Arik. Last time I flew them to London, I paid for economy comfort only to be placed in a regular seat of which the entertainment system could not even come out from the side pouch. At several points, the ones that were working short circuited. It is flying garbage! #BOYCOTTARIKAIR

• word

October 13, 2016 at 1:23 pm

If u must fly Arik, international route, i have a few tips to share. I reached these resolutions following some mishaps i encountered on their international flights (usually Lagos-London) and try to stick to them with the hope to have my peace on their flights. I typically avoid Arik when i can, but whenever the need (usually cost-related) arises i stick to the following: TIP 1. I fly Arik only when i have just hand luggage. I will never test/tempt Arik again with anything more than a hand luggage. If i have more fear no dey gree me fly Arik to avoid stories that touch. TIP 2. I ensure that i have a good meal before boarding an Arik flight. This resolution i made after we were served oil sprinkled with rice, as jollof rice (i recall one woman screaming about how she’ld post pics of the ”jollof rice” on FB. As i child of God that i am, I just whipped out my biscuit and started munching). TIP3. I come on board with my own entertainment. My own music. My own movies/series. A book. I sleep most part of a 5-6hours flight. But for the part that im awake, i depend on my own entertainment. This was after it turned out on one of those flights that the screen on my seat was bad and nothing was done to rectify it or change my seat after i asked severally…them no send u o! TIP 4. If u no wan vex, board an Arik flight with the hope to sleep for the most part. When i fly Arik, i just sleep. Dont gimme ur puff-puff or rock buns (their cake), ur apple juice (that’s all they ever have for a drink). Dont gimme. Just lemme sleep through it all.

• Amaa

October 13, 2016 at 3:17 pm

I remember when Arik was launched during Peter Odili tenure in RS rumours had it it was his airline or he had stake in it . He went ahead and shut down the international airport for renovations in quote then arik was giving the airforce base to land and then the monopoly started . There was so much hardship , the tickets where ridiculously high and people had no choice but to buy. Arik is bad and shouldn’t be allowed to fly . Where is consumer protection agency when you need them . From Banky W saga to Arik staff pushing drugs they should give it up already

• Precious Marley

October 14, 2016 at 7:40 am

Pls ooo, truly is there no other thing o. Their menu, asides buns. The thing tire me

• lawee

October 13, 2016 at 3:45 pm

For me, “NeverNOtFlying” Arik even if its free to London !

3. Jagaban

October 13, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Buy Nigerian to help the dollar they said……they would disappoint you, that part they left out. Abeg jejely fly your international airlines ….just a pity that United left. Smh for all this airlines in naija. If it’s not local abeg don’t even use them. For your own sanity.

4. praizeblog.com

October 13, 2016 at 12:36 pm

another iisshh

5. keke driver

October 13, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Arik Air is the worse EVERRRRR, I flew with them once, on the going leg a 7am flight was delayed till 12:30pm, no wahala, but the return leg? our flight was cancelled TWICE!!!!!! Can you imagine?? (Due to bad weather conditions) LIARS!!!!!! ….STILL NO APOLOGY whatsoever….Since then I swore NEVER to fly with Arik……#CloseShopArik

6. nene

October 13, 2016 at 12:49 pm

ARIK AIR IS SHIT! Nothing works in this country and it exists in every sector, even Toju Foyeh has been accused of the same bad service. it exists in the blood of a nigerian, and nigerian businesses, very few are different.

• zee

October 13, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Nene you took the words out of my mouth!! Who wil call her out for disappointing her customers,paying her tailors that work like slaves 70k per month while she earns up to 25m on them, slaving her workers and running away wen she disappoints customers so that the staff wil take d heat!! Stupid girl opening her mouth to complain

• Missappleberry

October 13, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Ghen ghen

7. Anon

October 13, 2016 at 12:55 pm

He would have been better off using that Arik Business Class fare to buy a BA or Virgin Atlantic Economy Class ticket.

Arik on an International route? Mba nu. My cousins use it consistently because it flies directly to Port Harcourt and funnily enough, I was told yesterday to Owerri (It’s slightly more expensive than going to PH.) They complain about it all the time yet continue using it just for that reason..

8. Wowwu

October 13, 2016 at 12:56 pm

No suitcases were boarded on the flight” – say what now? I heard Lanre Da Silva talk at Buhari’s book launch and fell off my bed laughing! All this Lagosians should just stop talking and keep looking pretty.

• Thatgidigirl

October 13, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Is that the point? Be laughing and falling off your bed while she laughs to the bank.

9. Ify

October 13, 2016 at 12:59 pm

#closeShopArik

10. Babe

October 13, 2016 at 1:16 pm

I used them to NY the other day. 1st issue I had was the delayed flight. An 11.30pm flight left around 2am. Check-in was crazy. In-flight entertainment system wasn’t working. Blankets weren’t available and it was damn so cold. All these on an 10hours, 30minutes flight o. I complained but nothing was done. The situation is still the same. Only the food made sense.

• o

October 13, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Lucky you the airconditioner was working. A friend flew Arik to N.Y. and said in her part of the plane the A.C. wasn’t working..

11. BeautifulOnyinye

October 13, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Arik is horrible.Aero nko?Aero delayed our flight to Accra in December for over 2 hours with no apologies.These days I jejely use MedView or Peace Air,I haven’t had any issues with them yet

• O pari

October 14, 2016 at 3:20 am

Be careful of Air Peace. They don’t do refunds even when they’re the ones cancelling or delaying your flight. Personally, I think that is illegal but we dey Naija so anything goes abi!

12. Falzy

October 13, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Arik that served us beans and yam on a london – lagos flight in Dec 2010, half of the screens were also not working and the flight attendants were downright rude. They don’t even exist to me.

13. Baba

October 13, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Watch it….One day Arik will drop off the sky!!! If you can not continously pay attention to little details,then believe me,a bigger problem will soon happen.

14. Disguised

October 13, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Why would anyone fly arik air bikonu talk less of buying business class??? U a saving gamble mehn

• lawee

October 13, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Wa shere jaare ( u do well) !

Arik of all airlines ?

15. pappy

October 13, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Fly arik,strengthen the Naira my Yan**

16. Baby gurl

October 13, 2016 at 2:24 pm

But all Nigerian airlines are rubbish, people. It’s a real big pity. We can’t even name one reliable one. Those good ol’ days of Virgin Nigeria. What of when Aero was Aero nko? 10 years ago. World class. The thing is these type of issues just bring to light the root state (and class of challenge) of Nigerian economy. The economy has gotten worse overtime. It’s Mayday Mayday for Nigeria mahn.

17. Fifi

October 13, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Travelled arik few weeks back to london, on my way back to lagos, flight got cancelled becos they were owing some money,and they still checked in our luggage oooo, anyway needed to be in lagos for the next day so bought a virgin ticket and Arik promised me that all my luggage wud arrive with the next flight, till today my luggage with all my child snacks, salmon and other mede mede never came, Arik says they cant compensate me because i carried fresh food .,, never again will i fly them never, rubbish airline

18. Corolla

October 13, 2016 at 2:51 pm

They need to close shop already! Practically everyone I know has suffered in the hands of this incompetent airline! Yet, hungry celebs like Omoni Oboli is a spokesperson for them, and she’ll go on social media praising them. How can you endorse a ridiculously pathetic business? Are you that hungry that you’ll sell your soul to a shoddy airline. Nigerians have been crying out loud against this company, yet the NCAA won’t do anything. Minister of aviation, biko listen to your people. Arik keeps violating basic customer rights, and they must be stopped! Alternatively, Nigerians should just boycott them! Don’t give them your money!

19. ENITAN

October 13, 2016 at 2:56 pm

THESE COMPLAINTS HAVE BEEN ONGOING FOR AGES. WHY ARE YOU LOT STILL FYING ARIK??????????? THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS!

20. Eny

October 13, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Yet someone would ask me why I don’t fly Arik internationally. I won’t even bother with a response henceforth! Beyond their local flights + Ghana, I no do!

21. Ada

October 13, 2016 at 3:06 pm

But why would anyone fly arik especially international???

22. Ann

October 13, 2016 at 3:27 pm

I don’t know why Arik has been misbehaving lately they frustrated me on Sunday although it was a local flight they made uyo and PH passengers to board the same aircraft when they landed at uyo they wasted our time boarding lagos passengers for over an hour no apology at all after abt one hour thirty minutes we took off to PH I kept wondering if I was in a one chance aircraft

23. Fred

October 13, 2016 at 3:35 pm

For me, its Air peace or nothing.

24. oo

October 13, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Biko, ma binu, no vex abeg. Could be frustrating for you but on the bright side you arrived SAFELY which is the most important thing. We thank God for journey mercies

25. Friday's other child

October 13, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Arikair is a truly awful carrier doesn’t deserve to have an operating licence. I made the mistake of flying with them to Ghana a few weeks back. On the outbound leg of the journey from Lagos there was a six hour delay, my suitcase didn’t arrive either. On the return leg the flight was delayed by the same amount of time. I’ll definitely never fly with them again. Really dreadful experience.

26. Tru

October 13, 2016 at 6:04 pm

Nwanne, I will rather travel ABC by road to Ghana than fly Arik if I can help it. All the airlines are a complete mess. I once flew Arik to and from New York because of luggage allowance. It was horrible. The aircraft was HOT and the food barely edible. NEVER AGAIN. Tufiakwa.
    As for flying local, I will check for flight times and THEN go to the airport, to see which one is actually on grround and available. Airlines have shown me pepper too much.

27. Pipi

October 13, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Nothing can make me fly arik locally I mean nothing! Thank God for Air Peace! The last time I flew arik air peace was fully booked! My eyes were blood shot red as I was buying d ticket! I dey vex! To validate my pre-vex they changed from morning to evening without info not apology! AIR PEACE please more flights pleaseeee drive arik out of local market

28. Ni

October 13, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Loool. On Sunday, Arik was to fly from uyo to lag by 1pm. After delaying the flight for about 3 hours, they made a stop over at PH to pick more passengers without informing the people on the flight. I once had a flight for 11am and we didn’t board till 7:30pm.

29. o

October 13, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Even with a free ticket, I won’t fly Arik. It’s not particularly cheap and then extra crappy service. I took Africa World Airlines to Ghana in July. Cost 121k for my daughter and I. Even international routes. There are too many options to JFK and Heathrow. Definitely not Arik.

30. anony

October 14, 2016 at 9:06 am

its a Nigerian thing, service delivery is terrible in this country, even the Toju Foyeh that is talking, that’s how one stupid designer @ramorebykay treted me horribly because I decided to patronize her..its everywhere, no respect for human rights..and as for ARIK, THEY ARE THE WORST AIRLINE IN THE WORLD..and they will never apologise, bunch of silly, no brains set of people