Scoop

“Be angry and tired enough to start making changes to your life now! Live the life you deserve” – Damilola Attoh

BellaNaija.com

damilola-adegbiteNollywood actress Damilola Attoh shared an inspiring and thoughtful message on social media a couple of minutes ago and we had to share.

The mum-of-one talked about how important it is to take charge of your own happiness and do things to make you happy because at the end of the day life is fickle.

See her post below.

I had a very scary dream last night. I have had quite a number of dreams similar to that this year. I woke up panicking, heart beat racing, very afraid. Fast forward to a few minutes ago, I was taking my son to school. Sitting in the back seat with him, he reached out and lifted my hand to his face, as if he knew something was wrong. I had to fight back my tears. It felt like he was reminding me to stay strong for him. He is only two!

No one will ever fully understand what your struggles and fears are. No friend, no family. The only one who has enough reason to make a decision is you. If you are looking for approval from anyone before you make that move, you will remain at the bottom, in sorrow, till you are courageous enough to put your foot down and fight for what you want (or against what you do not want).I know many of us would want to leave all the necessary adjustments in the “new year resolution folder”. We all think we have all the time in the world. What if we don’t? Be angry and tired enough to start making changes to your life, now! Live the life you deserve, the life that you would be happy to look back at when you die. Do not worry about what people will say or think. It is your life! Live it in a way that gives YOU peace.

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/adedamee

1. Femfem

November 22, 2016 at 1:39 pm

I can understand how she feels. I guess she is leaving her husband like me. Nothing can bring you down like a bad marriage

• FasholasLover

November 22, 2016 at 4:07 pm

I think so too. What a shame. They looked good together. But, if it ain’t werking better keep it moving early enough before bitterness and hate rears it’s ugly head. That way, you can still be cordial/ remain friends

• Amaka

November 22, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Na wa o. Did she say so. Why would you just assume that’s why the bad dream came about.

2. Marian

November 22, 2016 at 2:10 pm

I don’t wanna sound insensitive but i hate when people share half stuff like this. Spill the whole beans or not at all. Now i gotta wonder if she’s talking about her husband. I hate doing gbeborun but these people will not stop serving it.
    People need to go back to having a diary and stop using social media as a substitute.

• X-Factor

November 22, 2016 at 3:27 pm

@ Marian, the article is very clear, She shared her OWN thoughts about her OWN life on her OWN social media page…..the same way you may choose to write you OWN thoughts in your OWN diary

Let these people(creative entrepreneurs) be for once,they’ve got their lives to enjoy too and not live for………………………….. like you ( fill in the blank space)

• Marian

November 22, 2016 at 10:47 pm

But she made it my business once she shared it on a public domain and bella decided to bring it here. Did BN really repost for us to be inspired or to serve hot tea?
      How many times have people crucified Toke for this? Yall don’t OWN your social media pages. I know of at least two people who got fired this year for sharing their OWN thoughts on their OWN social media page. One girl sef got expelled for sharing about her OWN life on her OWN social media page. Once you share things on a public forum it’s an invitation for all to have at it. I see too many people oversharing on socialmedia. We need boundaries.

• Teekay

November 22, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Lmao!!! Funny but true. Get a diary already guys..lol

• Orewa

November 22, 2016 at 11:04 pm

I agree. I prefer diary but a part of me also liked that she posted this message because that’s my current state of mind. Good to know someone else shares my journey with me. Diary can be kept for life as well. When a woman is very focused on herself, talks based on me myself and I, society automatically labels it as, she hates men, if she’s married, her marriage is/has broken. Why can’t she speak freely without connection to her marriage. If a guy posted this, we won’t immediately think of it in the context of marriage.

I had a deep conversation with my mum three months ago. I told her, I want to focus more on myself, and live my life according to what makes me happy. I said, I’m taking a vacation by myself(not by choice) without hubby and the kids. She panicked and asked, is everything okay at home. Then went further, ah be careful, is hubby happy with it and how will he cope. At this point, I became infuriated. I’m talking about myself, your daughter and all you can think of is my husband. I wouldn’t have shared it with her but I had to convince her to help me with the kids for a month. Hubby was not fully supportive of it because he insisted we travel together if it’s for leisure not work. The initial plan was, I wanted to go with a friend of mine who is single, but hubby made a big deal out of it. So, I traveled by myself. He was shocked when I made the final decision. It was the most fulfilling, refreshing and self discovery time of my life.
      Things that I’ve been wanting to change, transitioned smoothly and I became more confident in what I want in life.. The mind is the most powerful thing.
      Hubby was trying to make me feel somehow, I told him those times when you travel for weeks, do I bother your life about it. You claim work but it could even be leisure as far as I’m concerned. I deserve to enjoy my life too. The one that got me the most was when my 10 yr old daughter said, mummy is happier now. I almost broke in tears because I couldn’t believe she noticed the difference. So yes, wives, mothers, women in general please take time for yourself. Don’t allow marriage or motherhood to hold back your happiness.

3. Ranyinudo

November 22, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Marian dear,
    So from all the inspiring words this beautiful lady shared, the only thing you could pick out is wondering if she’s talking about her hubby? I dedicate Ciara’s So What* to you.
    Madame Attoh, hold on and be strong! I kept awwing’ and hmming’ while I read.
    Deep nuggets of wisdom right there.

• Marian

November 22, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Unfortunately Yes, what she said is not news to me. I’ve heard the same message in one way or another many times. I practice it in my daily living. I love to read the book of Ecclesiates every now and then because it does a beautiful job of explaining what she said in more details.
      She made the decision to write it, personalize it and share it.

4. OO

November 22, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Why is it that when there is trouble in the marriage or relationship this celeb women become inspirational speakers all of a sudden ?
    I dunno, inquiring minds wanna know

• Please

November 22, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Did she tell you there is trouble in her marriage? Maybe try and use your wretched brain small. Take her advice and start improving your dirty life.

5. EbonyFre

November 22, 2016 at 3:14 pm

“The mum-of-one”?? Why are we counting again?

6. OO

November 22, 2016 at 3:47 pm

these

Forgive my typo

7. Marlvina

November 22, 2016 at 7:12 pm

True words madam Dami. I also reflect on my life daily. What I can achieve now and what I could have done way better. Life is really short. We shld make the best of it while we are able to, in other for us to be happy and fulfilled. Thanks.

8. alphabet

November 22, 2016 at 9:36 pm

Damn!! that moment the Mrs goes spiritual on your a#$!! You know the sh#t is real!!

9. bonnie gee

November 22, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Really???? so if u decide 2 share inspiration messge.. ur marriage is crumblin. dahz d only fin u guys can fink of……. oma ga oooo *in jenifa’s voice

• What an ass

November 22, 2016 at 11:15 pm

‘fin’? Fink? Dahz? What is all this?

• Fisayo

November 23, 2016 at 9:34 am

It’s bonnie gee’s brain doing the mannequin challenge.

10. Rosemary

November 23, 2016 at 4:42 am

For once, let’s relate to what Dami is saying. NO ONE HAS A PERFECT LIFE. Even if everyone is given all they want and need (cars,money, a good career etc), we still go through one form of challenge or the other. We all have fears and also bad dreams that gets us worried often times. But her point here is do what makes you happy and don’t hold back because of what people will say. BTW let us stop being judgemental about celebrity marriages. Even if you married your best friend, you definitely would experience challenging days in your marriage relationship. Remember, no one (celebrity or not) has a picture perfect life. #liveandletlive

11. I love my husband

November 23, 2016 at 9:01 am

im angry in my spirit….You people should just shut up there….when it comes to saying the truth, you all will open your mouth and say stop judging. All these people knew exactly what they were getting into when they got married, they saw the issues with these guys and decided to still go into the marriage and I also wonder why it is so easy to assume because its a woman posting stuff online, it means her husband is the problem, the woman might be the problem, but because men hardly go on social media to write, you all assume its a man that’s the problem in a marriage….feminsists on another level. Celebrities should just stop getting married, they have trivialized the institution of marriage and made it seem like it wasn’t God that created this institution afterall, people get married for all the wrong reasons and start calling God when it breaks, hes fine, tall, dark, hes good in bed…..and my friends are getting married. If the foundation is destroyed, what can the people do, marriage is not fairytale, it is a life of commitment, compromise, hardwork, trust, agape and philos love and it takes 2 people who are willing to do the work to make it work. Before you get married, make sure you and ur spouse, develop yourself and possess qualities that will make a marriage last, ask questions, read books, be sensitive to characters that are dangerous, and lastly if a man/woman does not love God and fear him, they are incapable of loving fully, cos God is love…and that’s true love. I know a lot of people will have issues with what I wrote, but its ok, many people don’t like to hear the truth, ive reaslised that, wouldn’t stop me from still saying the truth. You cannot get into marriage for the wrong reasons or because you are feeling butterflies in your tummy alone and expect it to work…nah..it don’t work that way..ive been married 5 years and I know its hardwork, I have a beautiful marriage but it has happened because we both love God and we BOTH work hard to make it beautiful

• Ghostmode

November 23, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Dear ‘I love my husband’ Good on you !!!! Yours is all good and rosy and i hope and pray its stays that way! You don’t know her struggles so you can’t just relate it to be marriage issue!!! Some people have issues that marriage can’t fix and its not about begin with a good man or not!!! People go through stuff that they need to sort out by themselves,people go through a lot my dear so stop all the righteous talk!! Its people like you that make other people die in silence for the fear of been shut down!!! I’m not in for writing personal issues on social media but if its the way they feel best to release the hurt then so be it!!! As a woman to another woman all i can do is pray that she is all right! At the end we are all human begins who are WORK IN PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!

• Xoxo

November 24, 2016 at 6:31 pm

What rubbish are you on about??? Abeg GTFOH!! You irritate me with your stupid comment. Some people just open their mouths and spill gutter. You hide behind your device and type rubbish. Who asked you and how do you know she was talking about her marriage. You think what you’re saying is the truth?? You sound so bitter and myopic. You said God is love, how has anything you’ve typed up there shown love to abybody. You’re advicing celebrities not to get married. Lol, are they the only ones who have ended up in failed marriages?? Regular people too fail in their marriages. Truth is you have no point and you have no right to suggest the people who should and should not get married. People like you annoy my spirit. Because you have it good (or THINK you have it good) doesn’t mean you should shame others. Instead thank God for your own and pray that God fixes their own. Don’t come here and be rejoicing over another person’s downfall. You disgust me. Please swerve with your bitterness and insensitivity.

12. Sherlie Holmes

November 23, 2016 at 6:51 pm

But what if she’s not even talking about her marriage at all though? Lol

13. Xoxo

November 24, 2016 at 6:32 pm

My comment is for I love my husband