Relationships

“Hopefully Fran accepts my proposition to end this marriage now as I cannot continue this way” – Nollywood Producer Yomi Fabiyi makes a decision to Divorce his Wife on Social Media

BellaNaija.com

yomi-fabiyi-british-wife-franYesterday Nollywood producer Yomi Fabiyi went on social media to share with his fans that he had made a decision to divorce his wife.

Yomi and his wife Fran got married a couple of years ago and they are close to celebrating their 4th year anniversary.

yomi-fabiyi-2014-alabamau2

Explaining things to his Instagram followers, he wrote:

It’s so sad that a lot of people never give me the benefit of the doubt. Only a handful think it is right to respect my freedom of choice. I have been unlucky in life, most of what I do normally have opposite impression irrespective of my positive mindset. I cannot help it and will rather prefer to continue to be real as possible, I am used to being misinterpreted my entire adult life. I never aim to hurt anybody in words or actions before them or behind them. I am never raised that way. They forget that some people no matter how horrible the situation, still has some dignity left in them.

I have also been raised to know that no matter how small the interactions I have with anybody, I should not let my manners slip. It cost nothing but could win a whole lot of goodwill. Moreso, I have been vigorously warned by my parents never to prove to know if what am ready to give out is a guess.

Hopefully Fran accepts my proposition to end this marriage now as I cannot continue this way, AM NOT HAPPY anymore as we edge close to the 4th year anniversary. Fran is such a beautiful woman, supportive and wish I come live in England, take up employmemt and study. I HAVE USED HER DOCUMENTS TO RENEW MY NORMAL VISA ONLY, so no question she is not willing, I NEVER said that. With all humility, if she never promised me she is coming to take up employment in Nigeria and live with me, maybe we may not have secured the dating. I have made it abundantly clear I am not prepared to live abroad as my career was just gathering shape then. I decor wedding hall Nigeria colour on purpose.

The outlook of my choice may look familiar to those marriages but I never thought people will think of me that way. I have to live with that but sometimes it can be so bruising.

I am focused on my career and keeping my fans and admirers entertained. I have an absolute right to do whatever makes me happy provided it is nothing criminal, illegal, immoral or anti-social. I am NOT interested with the reason two adult came together. It’s crude and an uncivilized thing to do for me. I HOPE I FIND TRUE LOVE AGAIN WHILE I PUSH FOR A HITCH-FREE DIVORCE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I will be fine guys. Thank u

– Yomi Fabiyi

1. Spunky

November 12, 2016 at 8:04 am

I didn’t bother reading. You wanna divorce her? Do so in peace.

• Olori

November 12, 2016 at 10:20 am

Like for real.

• Marlvina

November 12, 2016 at 11:19 am

As in I dunno why some humans feel the need to narrate to us what’s going on in their marriages or relationships. When you were proposing or toasting the babe you dint come on social media to give us details of the whole thing, stage by stage; so when wahala burst why y’all rushing to social media to write epistles? Dem send you? Its now a norm and it’s improper. Same case with Ubi and Lilian, most people are anxiously waiting with fingers crossed for a statement or smtn that reveals what’s really happening. Personally, I don’t wanna know. It’s jst unfortunate ur going through marital/relationship crisis, sort ur issues urselves or with family abeg. You owe no one an explanation, not even your so-called fans.

• Jo!

November 12, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Who’s he?

• Tru

November 14, 2016 at 11:12 am

As in! Who is he?

• Fleur

November 12, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Why not just call her and say you dont think it is working? Now that is an adult thing to do. Grow some real balls.

2. Mahka

November 12, 2016 at 8:51 am

Is this a long distance marriage? U guys didn’t decide on where your home base will be? now u want to explain to your IG followers ist!
    Jeez man, you claimed you’ve been raised right, put that in practice, no one really needs to know.

BTW, are u praying to find love again ,soonest when you still have a wife? Hmmm…umu nwoke eh.

3. Marian

November 12, 2016 at 9:03 am

I refuse to believe this is the only option left for you to explore. They need to start teaching a course on marriage vows before people get married. Marriage is not by force people. If you want to continue to enjoy your total freedom and not have to compromise at all please stay single.

• MiDe

November 12, 2016 at 11:08 am

They actually do, not a course necessarily but pre marital counseling. Most people are not interested in that but counseling helps you to have a hard rethink about getting married.

4. Emma

November 12, 2016 at 9:07 am

who is he and how this one carry consign us? If you want to divorce you wife, do so and don’t disturb the public with your private issues. He should carry his oyinbo wife and ashy lips outta here abeg.

5. Awiase

November 12, 2016 at 9:09 am

Fool!Using her to get your papers.The evil that men do……….

• Big Tee

November 12, 2016 at 11:39 am

But women do the same na…..I think the pendulum goes both ways…..you’ll be surprised at the number of people in “situationships”

• Awiase

November 12, 2016 at 2:05 pm

@Big Tee true talk.hmmmm but why come out saying this?This is more than humiliating!.Would you do this to her if she were your sister?

6. Zee

November 12, 2016 at 9:36 am

Why des women no dey ever learn???

7. Tgirl

November 12, 2016 at 10:16 am

He writes really well. I’m impressed

• Chimax

November 12, 2016 at 10:56 am

You spoke my mind……

• Wawu

November 12, 2016 at 11:05 am

Wawu. You are? Very telling of your pedigree.

• o

November 12, 2016 at 4:47 pm

There’s something called sarcasm you know…..

• Iris

November 12, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Surely you jest.

• Titi

November 12, 2016 at 4:18 pm

He does??? Half of what he wrote was unintelligible.

8. tobi

November 12, 2016 at 10:58 am

What the actual fuck is wrong with you. Like really?????????. Well in a world ran by idiots ( trump) you have your rightfully place no doubt your supporters will out vote the normal sense factor. Mtchewwww

9. Idontcare

November 12, 2016 at 11:25 am

As bad as it may sound or look, we still have good wife materials in Nigeria. Must you marry oyinbo?

10. Paul Adeyemo

November 12, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Bunch of hypocrites on BN, are you telling me you don’t have cousin or brothers who married for papers. The guy is actually an idiot. Why put this lady through this emotional trauma, he could have paid a romanian, polish or slovakia girl for this marriage fraud. Having a British citizenship or passport does not translate to prosperity, i know lots of Nigerians with British passport who lives in Nigeria.

• EC

November 12, 2016 at 12:41 pm

lol why put her through emotional trauma? she was most likely desperate and saw the signs. sorry to say but some oyinbo people can be foolish sometimes

• Anon

November 12, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Why are Nigerians obsessed with people living abroad. People live abroad because they CAN. People live in Nigeria because they also CAN. If you don’t like it, too bad.

• Lily

November 12, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Oya close your mouth and go home. When elders are talking you keep shut.

11. Na wa for naija

November 12, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Mission accomplished!.when you see real marriage you will know.

12. xoxo

November 12, 2016 at 1:42 pm

okay this is a very serious matter but is no one noticing the suit and tie??? I mean cmon guys??…… now to the issue at hand. I’m really confused by the release of this statement on social media. please if you want to divorce her, divorce her without including the whole internet. most of us really don’t care. people should learn to sort their marital problems without including social media. its very tacky and distasteful. you come out and embarrass your spouse like this. smh

• LemmeRant

November 12, 2016 at 4:46 pm

That “tuxedo” of his looks like one of those Lab coats we used back in Uni.

• MyTruth

November 12, 2016 at 5:55 pm

Hahaha!

13. Flexe

November 12, 2016 at 4:45 pm

He talks about working and blah blah……Who is Yomi Fabiyo????

14. lakinky

November 12, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Why do people get married in the first place only to disgrace themselves at the end of the day? I don’t even know why a matured man like this cannot keep his mouth shut and settle his marital issues without bringing his fans into it… There’s an adage that says – ‘silence is golden;’ we were not there when you started your love… so why you wan take us end am?

15. o

November 12, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Dude felt the need to explain because if I remember correctly, ppl were saying he’s using her to get papers and not real love. Now that he wants out, he’s trying to explain why. Ol’boy nobody cares. You didn’t think to discuss where you would live before getting married??? This your epistle won’t change anyone’s opinion.

16. NYC

November 12, 2016 at 5:58 pm

You Don collect Red passport finish and can come and go as you want, you now want divorce so that you can use British passport to be deceiving them naive Yoruba girls in Nigeria abi????

17. Tiwa

November 13, 2016 at 4:53 pm

This guy is a joke!!!! Just shut up already!!!!