Scoop

Twitter NG Shares #MyRecessionAdjustmentIdeas | BNers in Nigeria What are Yours?

BellaNaija.com

It’s stale news that Nigeria is currently in recession. Due to the ever rising inflation rate and the consequent rise in the price of goods and services, individuals and families have adopted ways to lessen the effects of the current economic crisis.

Today on Twitter, former Minister of Education and former Vice President of World Bank’s Africa Desk, Oby Ezekwesili asked her followers to share how they have been coping in the current economic situation.

oby-ezekwesili-recession-adjustment-ideas

The replies were both funny and revealing. See them below:

oby-ezekwesili-recession-adjustment-ideas2 oby-ezekwesili-recession-adjustment-ideas3 oby-ezekwesili-recession-adjustment-ideas4 oby-ezekwesili-recession-adjustment-ideas5 oby-ezekwesili-recession-adjustment-ideas6 oby-ezekwesili-recession-adjustment-ideas7

BNers, how are you coping/dealing with the recession?

1. zee

November 21, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Lol….welll…let’s see…I drink borehole water a lot, since garri is expensive, we do more of amala and semo for swallow, and reserve the garri for drinking, no more sugar inside tea again, who sugar epp?…cooking is done with electric cooker when there is light, this harmattan season, anybody in my house wey wan baff hot water should wait for nepa or put the water under sun to hot!…abi, who hot water epp?

2. Oscar

November 21, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Hello ABC night bus…No more flights to Abuja

3. xplorenollywood.com

November 21, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Omo, ideas dey here oh! The pure water in the freezer is epic as well as avoid sin like, LOL! BN i use rechargable fan oh when there is no light and take okada when i dont want to take taxi.

4. Amebowhosendyou

November 21, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Potable water, light and affordable fresh food is basic human rights in other parts of the world. After dem go say home is best. That they like living in Nigeria because they walk around as first class citizen.

Just negodu how first class citizens are living
    Ok continu!

• A Real Nigerian

November 21, 2016 at 5:00 pm

LOL! Let them be deceiving themselves that home is better
      LMAO!!

• LemmeRant

November 21, 2016 at 8:52 pm

But you lot are living large in Yankee now.

I really don’t see the need to start comparing yourself or your life. If life was good. You won’t even think of comparing. People are living large in Naija, people are living large in Yankee (even if they’re smaller) People are hustling in Naija. People are hustling in yankee.

5. Ify

November 21, 2016 at 4:39 pm

I don’t make attachments again too, I just wear my old wigs.

6. HMMMM

November 21, 2016 at 4:42 pm

I swear I was actually working on next month’s budget for the house spending hen I saw this post, Omo I had stuck out seafood from list and commot some other things like cupcakes, biscuits and peanuts for the house, I have slashed wine from 4 bottles for the month to 1 bottle. I thank God for Inverter coz i spend next to nothing on furl for generator…between inverter, nepa, gen and rechargable fans, life is good because eh go bad if black out join this austerity mode.

7. Marlvina

November 21, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Patronising MMM 100% e dey epp for recession ???

• Tutu darling

November 21, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Wig mode fully activated. Ain’t nobody got time to make hair. I go out ONLY when I have to. No vacation this year.( So Sad). Eat at home. Who eating out epp?

8. annabel

November 21, 2016 at 4:50 pm

First Class BA to London instead of daddy’s PJ. That’s now reserved for when the whole family is travelling together.

9. at hmmm

November 21, 2016 at 6:12 pm

HMMMM you still dont sound like who recession dey affect

10. Ada

November 21, 2016 at 6:49 pm

No more generator through out the night…if the inverter runs low..that it..,thinking of telling my security guard to go??heck i can open my own gate and ehhhhhhh wash my car???living with his 2 brothers and I have to feed them 3 times a day…??no more home service making of hair…

11. Fifi

November 21, 2016 at 8:21 pm

I feed my dog can food only on Sundays,rest of the week is dog meat from Shoprite and Indomie mix from Iponri, its too hot for weaves now so loving my pony tails, do my mani and pedi by myself, shave and veet instead of waxing, my child’s school snacks are mostly made in Nigeria buscuits, popcorn and chinchin are they are all delicious,infact all snacks in my house are made in nigeria. Also cook as we eat, no food wastage,no spoilt food in the fridge or freezer.ac’s on only when we r in that particular room no more ac on 24/7 . Recession is real ooo

12. Spunky

November 21, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Car parked(drive only when necessary.) Make the most use of official vehicle(even on weekends.) use less gen, boil drinking water and avoid late night hangout with the bois…avoiding expensive biscuits and chocolates…it goes on…

13. Tutu darling

November 22, 2016 at 1:25 am

No makeup except I HAVE to.(special occasions like church or weddings). MAC lipstick is now 10k Biko. I just go everywhere with my sun glasses. If I beat my face and then you stand me up, you’re gonna get it!

14. Ada

November 22, 2016 at 1:09 pm

join MMM…lol

15. Ivie

November 22, 2016 at 1:33 pm

MMM, using airtel #200 recharge for 2gig.

16. That-I-May-Fly

November 22, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Hahahahaha…okay! I’ve had a good laugh. I do love my fellow Nigerians…carrying on irrespective. Wish we could channel some of that ingenuity into getting ourselves a better govt. Love to all!