Events

BN Red Carpet Fab: The Future Awards Africa 2016

BellaNaija.com

Africa’s biggest youth event, The Future Awards Africa came to a triumphant climax on Sunday when it held its annual ceremony, now in its 11th year.

The event was well attended by Nigeria’s political, cultural, media and entertainment elite. The keynote speech was given by the President-Elect of The Republic of Ghana, Dr. Nana Akufo-Addo.

BN Style was at the venue to bring you all the fab red carpet looks.

See the photos below.

Mannie

Godwin Strings

Double Dose

More Shots

1. Olori

December 19, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Olumide Oworu cutie pie ? Lilian Afegbai slays once again that dress is banging! Body is double banging!

• Adebs

December 21, 2016 at 4:57 am

Omowunmi Akinnifesi is just a Nigerian Barbie. My best dressed. She’s so effortless. And that smile…. I’m goshing over her. I Jst dey look am sha. My crush

2. Corolla

December 19, 2016 at 2:12 pm

Why Is Richard Akusom looking like a waiter or band boy? Is he not a fashion writer for BN?

• Ugochi

December 19, 2016 at 4:12 pm

Has Richard moved to Lagos? Saw him at the Maju party. Always knew his knack for the lime light will draw him to Lagos!

3. Cynical

December 19, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Osas honey, I’m not sure what is going on o???? Madam LIB…….what came to mind was but she owns a 600million naija house na?????

• Irma

December 19, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Osas might have a issue with dressing up her beautiful curves. She has the body, but her dress sense spoil everything. I do not get it, i am lost!

• Authentic Sunshine

December 19, 2016 at 6:33 pm

I was just going to say something about Osas’s dressing when I saw your comment. Midlife crises? Maybe?

• Wendy

December 19, 2016 at 11:00 pm

Osa just need to relax. Not everybody snap back immediately. She is already doing the right thing by working out…it will take some time…like my doc said..it took ur body stretched for 9months..it will take some time..
      She just need to start dressing to match her new body until cones down to her desired size.
      Just speaking from experience. I was depressed for months when i did not drop all the weight..plus all this snap back this and that photos all over the place.. people telling me wow! I did not know that u have fat in you…look at her how fat u are for yr first child . only mennhh..it was rough..
      Look at me now..i am not yet at my desired weight but i have dropped 35lbs..weight started coming off after 1yr…same people are telling me ..na wah for this ur sudden weight loss..i just roll my eyes at them.
      This have taught me not to stress myself but wor towards it.
      Not everybody is same

4. Just Saying

December 19, 2016 at 2:36 pm

The tattoe on breast is extremely utterly uncouth, unclassy, ghetto and disgusting to say the least. If i were you i will always cover it up

tatooes are just ghetto – let alone to have on breast.

Would you scratch a bently or monet art?

Bunch of yugo cars

• Anon

December 19, 2016 at 11:28 pm

A bently, yes. A Bentley, no! Lol!!

5. Derin87

December 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Can someone explain why Mo Cheddah is in 3 different outfits? abi she do birthday?

Powede Lawrence!!!! Damn girl..she loooks gorgeous

• Smith

December 19, 2016 at 3:50 pm

She was a co-host

6. fusion OAU

December 19, 2016 at 3:27 pm

@VJ Adams: the only I can say is…… what you did is not good… why????

7. Mrs chidukane

December 19, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Linda is rich,slim,pretty with a stylish sister like Laura . Why does she keep doing this to herself ? In case you read this, I will style you for free please this is no more acceptable .

8. o

December 19, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Eunice see your bra outside. Arese’s dress looks better in pics than in reality. I think having 4 hosts was a stretch. For an event in its 11th edition, the organisation was in the past not in the future. To poor….

• o

December 19, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Too*

• Someone Naughty

December 20, 2016 at 10:34 am

Arese’s outfit looks horrible in this picture oh. If this picture is better than reality, I fear for how she looked. Arese really needs to get a stylist or ask her BFF Toke to guide her style wise. It seems she is too conscious of how big her boobs are and ends up wearing outfits that do not flatter her frame in any way. Something is almost always off about her dressing

9. keke driver

December 19, 2016 at 4:36 pm

@Seye Ogunlewe….Thank you for that amazing smile
    @DJ Obi…….I just have to wake up every morning to that beautiful smile.

10. Ene

December 19, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Sexy Steel. After you, Na you!

11. bee

December 19, 2016 at 4:51 pm

What is going on here ..Richard kilode? Why did you allow the suit wear you.
    Please i must not hear that you yab those designers and their models oo cos this is just…..No word sef..Let this be gone with 2016 you hear? Voala

• Olanna&Odenigbo

December 20, 2016 at 3:05 pm

I looked at that photo like 5 times to be sure it was him….. like….I’m so over it…how can he decide to bring his whole carpet grass with him? Abi what else is this jacket….

All the fashionista guys failed…akin faminu and denola… we’re about to take off with them oversized jackets… and these are our critics….

BUT Richard really has guts….with his oily face to cap it off… I cant even!!! Just a bloody joke!

On the ladies….at least half are in denial of their body shapes and what suits them…. this is the biggest challenge for designers/tailors…… pls if you’re like jada pinkett, pls leave dresses meant for Sofia vergara alone and if you’re like Jill Scott leave ciara dresses alone… embrace reality and watch your beauty shine thru. Arese, Osas, OLORI, Lolo, Eunice efole… take note.

12. Gbemi

December 19, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Why is it that when people like bill gates,Steve jobs or even Facebook Mark wear very causal outfits we call them humble,downtoearth and all sorts but now people are saying Linda doesn’t know how to dress what if she was been humble like them mark ???????

• Jide

December 19, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Because her outfit is ugly.

• Ene

December 19, 2016 at 7:31 pm

Errm maybe because there is a red carpet in sight.

• T

December 20, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Linda is not humble …a given , Linda doesn’t know how to dress … a given , Linda would probably die wearing a monostrap even if its in 80 years time … except something is done now , a given too

13. Marlvina

December 19, 2016 at 5:31 pm

That’s not Destiny Amaka. I refuse to believe that. whaaat?!
    @Denrele, ejo o!

14. Omoté

December 19, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Richard, we will have to have a discussion on this ya outfit oh!

15. Fidelia

December 19, 2016 at 6:29 pm

Bolinto for the win,toke my girl, Lilian Afegbai less is really more pretty,omowumi looks cute

16. LemmeRant

December 19, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Wait o. Is that derenle’s natural hair?
    Ladies help, I can’t tell the difference b/w these things.

17. FashionJudge

December 19, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Richard Akuson!!!! How many times i call ur name???

Oya meet me at ath Nigerian Supreme court of Fashion in Alagbado, right now!! You have been summoned oh, you must get this punishment for that mess you wore…smh

Mr fashion critic and you looked like a learner….na wah

18. Moniker

December 19, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Denrele na hia you de bobrisky don collect job for your hand.
    Richard carry should like hanger, at this age and time? EVEN MY dad dares not dress like that. Everything is connection here and there. The Future Award of Lagos Residents is what they should call this. Pretty ladies nonetheless.

19. Phola

December 19, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Kemi Smallzz look is so fab

20. Fashy me

December 19, 2016 at 8:25 pm

I still don’t get why ladies carry handbag for a night/red carpet event….. It brings out the Aba in them

21. mr.a

December 19, 2016 at 9:34 pm

• Someone Naughty

December 20, 2016 at 10:39 am

But it’s written right below the picture… Mimi Onalaja

• Mr.A

December 20, 2016 at 1:21 pm

No, It’s not written there, and she’s not Mimi Onalaja. Thank you tho.

• LOL

December 21, 2016 at 9:35 am

LOL… unhelpful helper… no be Mimi oh!

• Someone Naughty

December 23, 2016 at 8:15 am

Clicked your link and something else opened. Sorry. My bad.

22. Anne

December 19, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Errrmmmm, why does Mo’cheddah have Toke Makinwa’s former looks. Make up, hair, skin tone almost like Toke. I was surprised to see Toke looking different. If Toke had her hair down, they would pass for twins.

23. Moyo

December 19, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Didn’t anyone see Aunty Mo, she is looking fabulous

24. Wendy

December 19, 2016 at 11:01 pm

This have taught me not to stress myself but wor towards it.
    Not everybody is same

25. www.ckjacob.com

December 19, 2016 at 11:21 pm

Lolo!!! This is your best outfit so far! You look takeaway. Muah
    All the women in black especially Omotola and Toke are without doubt flawless!
    Osas you look like an UMBRELLA!!!!
    Ini, you are a Jewel. You know how to dress!!
    I like Omowumi dress but not the back. Let me be honest.
    The lady in red Toni Tones, lovely!
    I love Folu outfit.
    Mochedda slayed!
    Daniel, its seems you listened to my advise. You did not wear suit. You really look good. Hallelujah!!!
    Adebola Williams – My new crush. Dont let me find you, otherwise…..,.,
    Duncan are you going to fight war?
    Richard who beat you? Why are you like that?
    Noble??? I dont understand your look o

26. Shola

December 19, 2016 at 11:23 pm

Smalllllzzzzzzzzzz

• Olanna&Odenigbo

December 20, 2016 at 3:27 pm

One of the best dressed people…..male n female. She sabi her body.

27. Fleur

December 19, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Nice outfits peeps. Lady with zebra stockings – Mbanunu. They made it for those models with stick legs. Once you have some rounding like normal humans, the design no get head again. next time, dont focus on the beauty of the stockings. FOcus on what it does for your legs and look.

28. Anon

December 20, 2016 at 12:16 am

Nice outfits peeps. Lady with zebra stockings – Mbanunu. Hahahaha! That’s Eni Lise Balogun, You are not in New York. Never gets it right. Horrible oily make up and she is into make up. Look at her fingers.

Idia Aisien’s left armpit. She should have used invisible antiperspirant.

Toke’s foundation is too light.

Ugonna Umeruo looks so different and not in a good way.

I like Mo Abudu’s hair.

29. Debo

December 20, 2016 at 8:58 am

Toni tones, best dressed.

30. queenbee

December 20, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Okay. Naija babes be stepping up the game. There r some real delights in this photo. I need lagos fashion in my life ooh. Looove some of these outfits. But omotola…that wig must go. The parting is too thick. It makes her neck look thick and short and she needs something less full and obvious. Possibly less dark too. Also dorcas…this face bake is awful for u. U r one of the prettiest girls naturally but looking like a ghost is not the aim. I hardly recognise her nowadays with the amount of makeup. And toke…please go ack to fringe or middle parting the face is too pulled and that forehead…always looks too severe. But seriously there are some oscar winners in here.

31. Jo!

December 20, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Debola using this TFA to advance his cabal year after year, with a few random people thrown in for good measure.
    Don’t blame him though, and not knocking his hustle, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

32. Bro

December 20, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Beautiful pictures. Omosexy, mo abudu, Toni tones, Omowunmi and bidemi were my fav looks.

33. Observer

December 20, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Powede, Mo Cheddah, Toke, Omowunmi, Dorcas – Yes girls! You got it right.

Osas, Arese, Eni lise – You need stylists.

34. tunmi

December 21, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Lolo looks really good!!!!!