News

Ini Edo was on her way to Uyo Church Thanksgiving which Ended in Massive Tragedy

BellaNaija.com

ini-edo-ugo-church-collapseNigerians are currently mourning the tragic incident which took place in Uyo resulting in the death of over 200 people after a church venue collapsed during a thanksgiving service.

Nollywood Star Ini Edo has now revealed that she was scheduled to attend the thanksgiving service at Reigners Bible Church and was on her way when the tragedy occured.

2 days ago,I was very bitter about the unreliable nature of some of our airlines cancelling flights without prior notice thereby hindering my plans to attend a church service ceremony held in uyo. Now out of determination, I took a flight to calabar with the hope of being in uyo just in time for the service since the journey between calabar and uyo was just about an hour. The journey ended up taking over 7hrs because of an unexplainable traffic.No accident, good road no hitches just a headlock traffic. Whilst in the car, I started wondering why all my efforts to be at the service was being thwarted… then I got a call, that the entire church building had collapsed during the course of the service …. Once again, God had saved me..

My heart goes out to the families of the departed..may the good Lord grant them the heart to bear the loss.

Everyday we see is a blessing..it’s not because we are special or better..It’s the exceeding Grace of our Lord Jesus. I am so humbled and grateful to God for preserving me… Happy thanksgiving…..

1. Sandra O

December 11, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Thank God for sparing u.

2. TEE

December 11, 2016 at 7:12 pm

One of the few times shutting up could have come handy .

#insensitivity at its peak

• Victoria

December 11, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Dear Tee,
      I think you should be the one to shut up . Thank you

• Sakura

December 12, 2016 at 12:35 pm

Hi Victoria, I think it was kind of insensitive, think about, what if your family was in that building at the time of the collapse and they didn’t make it out alive then, you read her testimony wouldn’t you wonder why God didn’t delay them as well, isn’t He powerful enough to to save them too? Many things happen for which we have no explanation. Maybe all she should have done at this time was send her condolences and reflected (privately) on the circumstances that held her back from attending.
      There is a similar story in the NT when the tower of siloam collapsed and 18 people died. People asked Jesus about it and he responded by shifting the focus onto the interrogators, making it clear that the most urgent issue was not an explanation to their implied question as to why God allowed such a horrible thing to happen to innocent people and ‘saved’ others. Rather, He wanted them to focus on their own souls. I honestly think it is a time of sober reflection not just her but all of us.
      Cheers Victoria.

• Cocolette

December 11, 2016 at 7:21 pm

I don’t see how giving thanks for an obvious miracle is insensitive. She hasn’t said she is better than people who lost their lives, she in fact stated the opposite in her last paragraph. It would be very hard to shut up about a miracle/Good fortune/good luck like this.
      Thank God for you Ini. The incident is so sad and surreal, I still can’t believe something like it happened.

• Iris

December 12, 2016 at 8:30 am

I just wish she had waited a few months before talking. She didn’t need to broadcast it on social media for God to know she was grateful. Word of mouth to friends and family would have been sufficient.

• Hey

December 11, 2016 at 8:05 pm

I think she was just overwhelmed.

• Lily

December 11, 2016 at 9:28 pm

shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wisdom

December 13, 2016 at 9:22 am

Mind your business….

3. bruno

December 11, 2016 at 7:16 pm

christains and their mentality.

ini edo u are so special that’s why God saved u but didnt save over 200 people who perished in the collapsed building. ewu.

• Peaceful

December 11, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Read what she said before you call her a goat.
      She said it’s not that we are special or better.

• Lily

December 11, 2016 at 9:38 pm

sharrrappppppppppppppppppppppppp

4. esther

December 11, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Oh God, this is too much to bear. May God grant the 200 eternal rest and console their families.

5. chique

December 11, 2016 at 7:39 pm

yes..you have not been in the news for some time so I guess this is the best time. besides I believe you were ‘scheduled’ to attend the program…. yes I believe since the Governor and other ‘govt’ dignitaries were to be there so by default you were to be there……#repentfromalltheserunz

6. Spunky

December 11, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Why unu dey chew bitter kola on top her testimony? She hasn’t said anything off line. Abeg, make una lick sweet.

7. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

December 11, 2016 at 9:17 pm

I wonder why people are shading her, she gave a testimony about how she was delivered, it could have gone the other way, she is not better than those who died because there are a lot of things that happen in this life that we can ask why from now till eternity and we would never get answers.

8. Ellena

December 11, 2016 at 9:41 pm

I see nothing wrong in what I ni wrote, I see no insensitivity in her testimony… why are y’ll so bitter?

9. Ella

December 12, 2016 at 3:50 am

INI Edo thank God for you. Father comfort the families if the departed.

10. Ella

December 12, 2016 at 3:52 am

Father comfort the families of the departed.

11. Loveth Best

December 12, 2016 at 9:44 am

12. Andreww

December 12, 2016 at 10:03 am

Anybody with a bad comment here is simply an ungrateful human being, because you never know what its like to have a testimony of life; there are so many people out there with the same testimony who could have also been in church the same day, her’s is just the one that got attention [celeb status] but when you google about the incident you’ll see various testimonies of other folks online… SO STOP BEING UNGRATEFUL, unless you are asking God to not give you a testimony like hers, this christmas is a very delicate period and sometimes paying attention to signs can help us avoid calamity. it doesnt make the life of those lost in the tragedy less better…

13. tuulz

December 12, 2016 at 11:59 am

thank God for sparing you my fav celebrity, u are the 1st person i thot when i heard the news. Love u Ini …. with love for South Africa

14. Can'tPleaseAll

December 12, 2016 at 4:27 pm

People are becoming hyper-sensitive nowadays. No one is responsible for your happiness, if you’re offended by the testimony, keep it moving, don’t click on the post. She has the right to express herself!

15. LOL

December 12, 2016 at 9:33 pm

At times less is more!
    Ini could have thanked God, kept quiet and if need be shared with friends and family.
    Going into social media uncalled for, insensitive and smug!!!!

16. Obot

December 13, 2016 at 6:22 am

I see nothing wrong in Ini thanking God for sparing her life, nobody including Ini is happy about the incident. So keep ur bitterness to yourselves and sharrrrappppp! too.

17. Dannito

December 13, 2016 at 8:08 pm

She would have been death now if she were to be in Harry to use shortcut road or way. Patience is very gud. Nothing happen without a reason. We are much greatful to God for His protection and Kindness. May His Name be Praise among the gods . NONE IS LIKE HIM (GOD).

18. Samuel