Relationships

Laura Ikeji & Ogbonna Nwankwo are Engaged!

BellaNaija.com

laura-ikeji-and-ogbonna-nwankwoStylista Laura Ikeji and Ogbonna Nwankwo are getting married.

Ogbonna who went by Christopher Kanu in his soccer career, is a retired footballer like his brother Kanu Nwankwo and played for teams including Inter Milan and Ajax.

The pair have been dating since last year. They spent her birthday in March together at Labadi Beach Hotel, Accra, Ghana.

Turnt

A photo posted by Twitter (@lauraikeji) on

laura-ikeji-and-ogbonna-nwankwo-are-engagedHer followers figured out who he was after she shared that she was spending her birthday with “her boo” on her blog.

laura-ikeji-in-accra-ghana_birthdayTonight, while having dinner with family and friends at a hotel in Lagos, she unravelled boxes, thinking something was inside, but then he surprised her with a ring!

Excited big sister Linda Ikeji posted the video on her Instagram page, and said,

Congrats to my beautiful lil sister @lauraikeji.. she just got engaged. I tap into your blessing. So happy for you!

Proud big sis is the one in the background screaming “Yayyy! Yayyy!  My sister is getting married o” in the video. We’re sure it’ll be a 2017 wedding to remember.

Here’s the video of the special moment!

Here’s a mini-family portrait after the proposal –

Sandra Ikeji, Ogbonna Nwankwo, Laura Ikeji, Kanu Nwankwo

Sandra Ikeji, Ogbonna Nwankwo, Laura Ikeji, Kanu Nwankwo

1. www.ckjacob.com

December 17, 2016 at 12:10 am

Let me wait ans read comments.
    Congrats Laura!

• osa

December 17, 2016 at 1:42 am

Abeg who are they?
      I caught younger siblings of supposedly known people. Thats why its public news. Oooffgg!

• itgirl

December 17, 2016 at 3:54 am

so money can bag you a man these days. woreva self. just have whatever will make a man lead you to the alter. whether n.a. bodily asset I or n.a. money or charm. just have something abeg

2. www.ckjacob.com

December 17, 2016 at 12:10 am

*and

• swagg1

December 17, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Is that a comment or question? Just asking

3. imose

December 17, 2016 at 12:13 am

Yay! Love is a beautiful thingy ! Congratulations… and a big welcome to the league of married adults ! May yours be a success love story ??

4. Sultana

December 17, 2016 at 12:18 am

Bella peeps haff you sleep ni? Expecting comments. Congratulations to the couple! Linda, be it unto you as u desire.

Retired kwa? Which team biko? This is a surprise to me cos I’m an avid football fan… never seen him play either for the national team or any club….. Oh well…

• A Real Nigerian

December 17, 2016 at 12:47 am

“Retired kwa? Which team biko? This is a surprise to me cos I’m an avid football fan…never seen him play either for the national team or any club”

I’m pretty sure he used to play for Ajax like his brother. I don’t think he ever had a cap for Nigeria, though I could be wrong.
      You don’t know him because he was a third-rate footballer who was never good enough to rise from the bottom of the barrel.

• Sultana

December 17, 2016 at 1:12 am

Really? @Ajax? Then that’s a big deal. Ajax is top two in Holland. Wish them a fruitful union

5. so happy for her

December 17, 2016 at 12:23 am

Aww Im so happy for you, Laura! She has such a beautiful and vibrant spirit. Always smiling! May your joy never run dry AND may relationship equally blossom. Amen

• Adeola

December 17, 2016 at 11:30 am

I agree she has this infectious boisterous I cant be bothered by what you think of me vibe

6. Roma

December 17, 2016 at 12:28 am

Congratulations Laura and Ogbonna!
    I wish same for Linda too.

7. Face ya work

December 17, 2016 at 12:39 am

Ehiyaa, really happy for her, congrats girl it will bring open doors for your sisters. Amen

8. Anon

December 17, 2016 at 1:02 am

Linda, you are next…

• Marlvina

December 17, 2016 at 5:49 am

Free Linda o. And if she’s not next nko? When the time is right by His grace, she will be married. Let her not be under much pressure and she gets married to the wrong person. It’s best one remains single enjoying their life than summersaulting into marriage and later facing marital crisis/divorce. That’s messy.

9. Bearbeto

December 17, 2016 at 1:22 am

Bella be filtering comments since 1988. Anywho, popcorn ready, let me sit back and wait for the real comment ??

10. AceOfSpades

December 17, 2016 at 1:25 am

I never liked this girl. I met her once and how she treated some fellas really put me off but this video up here is seriously buzzing happiness and wether I like her or not, I’m a fan of happiness and for this I am happy for her.

I hope they stay together forever.

• swagg1

December 17, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Dont rain on her parade and be niceThere is time and place for everything cus that comment was not needed.

11. vivianni

December 17, 2016 at 1:29 am

I am genuinely happy for Laura,..she comes across as a sweet..family oriented girl..
    I wish her and Ogbonna the very best.. Congratulations to them.
    ..also,to some of y’all “waiting for comments”..(in your words)..
    It would be nice if you could just wish people well and move on without waiting for “tea to be spilled” or whatever it is you are looking forward to read in the comments.
    2016 is about to come to an end..let go of “such ish”
    goodnight my people..

12. #CelebrityTell

December 17, 2016 at 1:39 am

Congrats Gal

13. Mr. Egghead

December 17, 2016 at 2:39 am

This Ogbonna, what does he do for a living?
    Is ‘retired footballer’ a job?

• Olives

December 17, 2016 at 3:11 am

You can help us find out? That is a job for you

• Jaygirl

December 17, 2016 at 5:40 am

Haha thanks for that Olives. Good morning ?

• swagg1

December 17, 2016 at 12:59 pm

Why ask? His business is non of your business.

• Fleur

December 17, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Ono na high sea.

14. Chicadimples

December 17, 2016 at 2:46 am

Congratulations Laura!
    Linda can shout for Africa, ahn ahn!

15. Tech Girl NG

December 17, 2016 at 5:00 am

Congrats Laura!!!

16. Marlvina

December 17, 2016 at 5:41 am

Congrats Laura sweetie. The gang be ready! ?

17. Amebowhosendyou

December 17, 2016 at 6:06 am

Ehen! Some poisionous tongues don begin come outside! The message here is one of happiness. Why so many negative comments already? If he’s a retired footballer- why does it matter now he proposes to his gf? Is everyone you know super successful? You nko you probably have been one job in 7years no promotion or no job at all. They are siblings of famous people… ehen? Who your brother or sister be? Nor forget say dem be people like you. Pure hate and jealousy na wetin dey smell for hia. Incase you never get the memo, hate these days dey make people shine. Na so una dey here dey talk talk toke don become best selling author and making money in a month you go struggle to make in a year. Who your yeye talk don epp? Shior!
    Laura i no sabi you but you look soo happy. Congratulations may this be everything and more you ever hoped and dreamed of. Na only up you go dey go never down!

• osa

December 17, 2016 at 6:23 am

Calm down and stop crying more than the bereaved, except. . . . You are the bereaved. Welcome lindas sister

18. esther

December 17, 2016 at 6:14 am

I’m so hapi for her and I wish her well but …..

• Wow

December 17, 2016 at 6:26 am

While I didn’t want to give you much attention, you’re becoming increasingly annoying. If you put half as much effort into your daily hustle as you do commenting on EVERY BN post, you’d be greater than great. Just think about it. You’re wasting data constantly on BN waiting for a new post to comment on. Olodo rabata!

• Wunmi

December 17, 2016 at 6:41 am

@wow
      Pls it’s either u help or u sharrrrap.She wasn’t directly speaking to you.

• Benny

December 17, 2016 at 6:51 am

It is really getting stressful. BN should put her on the community help project and let everyone rest. I understand you need help but this is too damn much. Everyday, every comment section. Haba!

• Ebere

December 17, 2016 at 7:58 am

What you really need is God’s help. So you have enough money for data but you don’t have enough to sustain you and your daughter? I am beginning to feel like this is a scam because your begging is getting too much. You don’t have to post your plea on every comment section, “WE HAVE HEARD”.

• Ebere

December 17, 2016 at 8:18 am

If you put little of this effort to marketing a product you intend to sell for the upkeep of you and your child, trust me, I’ll be the first to buy that product. African begging mentality is the reason why the western world feels like we would always need their help because we can’t help ourselves…..Mchew!!!!Immigration will beg from you at the airport, even airport cleaner will beg from you, policemen will beg from you, Now You!!!What kind of begi begi spirit is this for christ sake? STOP ALREADY!!!!!!

19. Www.stylelately.blogspot.com

December 17, 2016 at 7:09 am

I’m genuinely happy for laura! !

20. Ene

December 17, 2016 at 7:49 am

Congratulations Laura!Amen to Linda’s prayers also.

21. TEE

December 17, 2016 at 7:55 am

Wunmi, please husssh it , do you know anything about the Esther lady … BN since when ? Do something please

Na wa, nasty Laura gets hitched, at least someone can accommodate your attitude. Or maybe she has grown up.- first thought

Congratulations,I wish you two forever.

22. Nene'sMa

December 17, 2016 at 8:01 am

Congratulations on your engagement, wish you marital bliss Laura

23. Ebere

December 17, 2016 at 8:03 am

Did they stick hot coal up the person screaming’s behind? Shouting like you’re really happy for her…..Congrats Linda, your prayer has finally been answered….

24. BlueEyed

December 17, 2016 at 8:05 am

I’m all for love stories but the way more and more people are getting engaged after 6 months or 1 year in Nigeria is becoming alarming, and it is the same way more and more marriages are crashing everyday in Nigeria these days, I mean Laura and Ogbonna met last year I believe they are one year (at most) into the relationship because it wasn’t long ago the news was attaching her to MC Galaxy, now she’s engaged, I bet they are already planning a wedding for next year, folks there is no rush this is the person you want to spend FOREVER with, which is a damn long time, so don’t rush because you want a ring or a title, take your time and let him marinate (yes food reference)

• Kent

December 17, 2016 at 8:13 am

To each his own. If they’re happy, then I’m tickled to death for them. Congratulations to both of them.

• Ekene

December 17, 2016 at 8:53 am

Some people date for a week and stay married for ever, some date ten years and divorce 2 months after marriage.

There is no rules to the length of time one can date.

• truthie

December 17, 2016 at 9:25 am

blueye While i get the point of your comment, its an outdated mentality.. Time has nothing to do with it. and for them i think 2 years is fine. There is really no formula for a lasting marriage. Love, compatibility, respect, source of income, length of dating and all could lend support to a union, but some people have it all and still crash out.. The only formula i recommend is pray, think and decide.
      I don’t even like lengthy dating, especially when the couple are both over 30, what for? It usually leads to fornication, heartbreak, distrust and more. I prefer at least a year of courtship, then go get married. We all don’t know the future, no we don’t. But we can only pray, filled with hope and trust.

• Derin87

December 17, 2016 at 10:53 am

Please leave story for Tortoise. My cousin and her husband dated for 9yrs, they are still very much together, but she is miserable after 3yrs of marriage. Dude treats her like shit, and his bad behaviour started last year. So yes to outdated mentality

• Bey

December 17, 2016 at 11:48 am

One year is definitely enough to know someone especially if both of you are matured age wise,and you both know what you want………… Which is marriage.
      If your already stable financially and career sorted and you just need someone to complete u.
      I know someone dat dated a guy for 10yrs since school, got engaged, d engagement lasted like 3mths, they broke up. She met someone else who had more of her principles asin born again and they married within a yr.
      They’ve been married 10yrs now.
      I definitely think a yr is okay for matured adults, not kids o.

• Tracy

December 17, 2016 at 4:01 pm

”If you just need someone to complete you”????!!!!! I hope for reason sake you meant to write complement, otherwise MEN DO NOT COMPLETE WOMEN NEITHER DO WOMEN COMPLETE MEN!

• Babe

December 17, 2016 at 8:26 pm

@Tracy hell yes I need a man to COMPLETE me !
      My husband most definitely completes me. Before meeting him there was something missing in my life.
      He feels the same way and he tells me everyday.
      I am most definitely not ashamed to say it.
      And YES I NEED a man…………
      Women shld get off all this I don’t need a man shit.
      God designed us as humans, male and female, come together and build a family and I see nothing wrong in that.
      I also need sex and I don’t think I can get that from a woman, either can a woman give me a baby and I can’t have a baby with just my eggs. Can I ???
      Doesn’t mean I don’t have a life, don’t have a career, social life and friends, outside of him. But without my man my life will be empty. That is ME unapologically.

• Idomagirl

December 17, 2016 at 1:19 pm

It’s not by length of courtship.
      You never see people wey go date for 8 years, within a year of marriage everything packs up?
      Forget.

• Bee

December 17, 2016 at 1:35 pm

[email protected]
      Length of dating means nothing, if that’s God’s purpose for your life. My husband proposed after 6 months. Next year February will mark our 6th anniversary. We have a relationship devoid of some many negativity, and our love renews everyday. Thankso to God. All in all, dating length means nothing some times.

• Ikennaamobi

December 17, 2016 at 1:40 pm

MaJe waited for more than 10 years to propose to Toke. Didn’t the relationship pack up after few seconds? No be by long courtship abeg.

• Enkay

December 17, 2016 at 4:22 pm

How long did Maje and Toke date? And how long did the marriage last? Long courtship does not always lead to a long and successful marriage.

• nnenne

December 18, 2016 at 2:36 pm

@BlueEyed… Six months of dating before engagement is not enough? Really?
      Those who know what they want, know.

25. AA Number

December 17, 2016 at 8:10 am

The guy was married before with two kids…..al the same congratulations girl,marrying a man with kids is no big deal…..I just feel like writing what I read somewhere about him….I know some people are coming after this comment…..

26. Fast cars

December 17, 2016 at 8:21 am

@blue eyed why so pained.

• TEE

December 17, 2016 at 8:37 am

She is not pained ,pick the truth in her gist silly.Some people wowed with Joe years ago ,now the popo is involved….

It’s good to get engaged but marriage is a serious business…

• Shazy

December 17, 2016 at 10:25 am

What exactly is the truth?! I met my husband in January 2011. We got engaged December of same year. @Truthie is right. That is an outdated mentality. Some date for years but where do they end up? To each his own like @Kent said.

27. MineIsComingSoon

December 17, 2016 at 9:05 am

I have no particular interest in Laura, but come on! You can’t help but be happy for her. This beautiful! I can totally relate with Linda as a girl whose younger sister is married, you’ll still find people who don’t think you’re genuinely happy for you sibling.

Anyway, with all the joy in my heart this morning, I pray for everyone who’s hoping to find and give love, 2017 is our year. By God’s grace.

Olives come be my friend, lmao your comment na punch!

28. just asking

December 17, 2016 at 9:35 am

thought he was married with 3 kids, guess he is divorced, congrats to Laura, may you find true happiness in marriage and life

29. smh smh

December 17, 2016 at 10:53 am

was it not this same ogbonna that was once engaged to ebube nwagbo back on za za days when he was still playing for eagles. BN post my comment oo.na true I talk

30. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

December 17, 2016 at 11:25 am

Congratulations to Laura Ikeji with her vivacious spirit. Very friendly. Wishing her a happy married life.

IFEYINWA likes her.

31. NG

December 17, 2016 at 11:28 am

Na wa for my people o! You can’t just laugh at Esther and her own MMM scheme? Seriously, if people have money for charity they will just send it off phiam to her account? She has become part of the laughter tonic on BN for me.

32. Idomagirl

December 17, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Congrats ❤

33. Me

December 17, 2016 at 4:27 pm

Congratulations Laura and Ogbonna wishing you all the best in life.

34. nene

December 17, 2016 at 5:54 pm

lmao they are both tiny. i wonder what attracted him to her and what attracted her to him. happy married life.

35. udechukwu

December 17, 2016 at 7:50 pm

I’ve been a regular visitor on this blog for quite sometimes, I don’t know how to create this thread,
    I’ve been so depressed for long now, it gets worse each day, the only thing that comes to my mind now is suicide.
    I’m an 18 years old boy from a broken, my father remarried and doesn’t really care about anything related to us, my mum remarried too buh lost her husband and became unstable..
    I lost my elder sister this year, she’s the only one that really cared about me, she was my rock,whenever my mum tried to verbally abuse me, she was always there.
    “In terms of family, my sister and I had never been lucky. It was a classic case of total dysfunction.
    she was unfortunate victim of domestic violence, her fiance killed her by shoving bar soap throw her throat, blocking airways and leading to her death.
    I’ve never been the same ever since, she was the only person that had ever told me “I love you and I’m so proud of you” my parents had never did, even though I crave to hear that desperately, buh how could they when they don’t even care if I feed cloth or school?
    I just feel like I’m done with this world..here is my mobile Num 09026248240

• Ada_ugo

December 18, 2016 at 11:06 am

there’s a lot of love in this world, and it’s often in the most unexpected of places, and at the most unexpected of times. what you can do in the meantime is to find the love that is on the inside of you, and share it, and in an amazing way, love will find you too. Hang in there, and believe in God’s love for you, because it is real.
      *** Also refer to mimi’s response to you further down the comments section***

36. Jjj

December 17, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Point of correction. Sandra was the one screaming loudly at the proposal. She is the one who first posted this very video before Linda and all other blogs. The couple are both younger siblings of famous people that still lives off their Elder sibling shadows.

PS: congrats on the double blessing ??

37. Letty

December 18, 2016 at 3:16 am

Nigerians have been injected with the the marriage solves everything bug. You can be the most vilified person on the planet once you get a marriage proposal or become married to whomever, All sins and transgressions are forgiven. This girl has a vile mouth and vitriolic Street urchin personality and Is as crass as they come. Now she has risen to some kind of nija magical pedestal bcos of a marriage proposal. Hope she cleans up her ways and nasty i have arrived so you must notice me attitude.

• Berlaaa

December 18, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Best comment since the inception of blogs. She is as crass as hell. No graciousness about her. Nothin admirable asides the cash she gets off her older sister ??. Her clothing store is as tacky as hell. A reflection of her style. Little wonder she os publicly ignored

38. mimi

December 18, 2016 at 5:46 am

Udechukwu, Pls , don’t do anything in a haste. God loves you and he put you in this world to be a testament of his work and wonders. Pls; don’t let the devil convince you that your time here is worthless and that you are worthless. There is a reason you are here and God is going to elevate you in a way that trumps all your expectation. The enemy has come to instill fear, hopelessness to steer you away from God. You are made in his own image and he loves you dearly and will never forsake you. Trust in him and I promise it will finally dawn on you that your problems are not yours to fight but his, He has conquered the world and truly would triumph once more in your life. Am sure your sister wouldn’t want to hear what you are thinking. keep her light going and make a difference. I love you and I am confident that you have an indomitable spirit to overcome your troubles. We can complain about all the things that are not right or we can steer our mind to give glory to all that is right, The difference between a winner and a loser, they say lies in the mindset. You are what you think. If you believe that God has given you the power to step against serpents, you will walk in authority but if you think the latter, you will head in the direction you are thinking. Take one day at a time and pack a new load of joy for the sun will surely come up.

39. Froofroo

December 18, 2016 at 6:04 am

No shade but can he get a haircut?

40. nnenne

December 18, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Everlasting bliss is my wish for you.
    Congratulations!

41. toto

December 19, 2016 at 12:29 pm

congrats Laura. but please na who dey shout for background? whats the noise about? cos she is engaged?

42. poshD