Scoop

“Linda Ikeji does not pay tithe, she works hard and cares for the less privileged” – OAP Freeze

BellaNaija.com

freeze-on-linda-ikejiFollowing Linda Ikeji‘s purchase of a brand new 2016 Range Rover Autobiography, OAP Freeze has called on Nigerians to stop paying tithes, but instead work hard and give to the less privileged, just like the celebrity blogger.

He made his opinion known via a post on Instagram.

LINDA IKEJI DOES NOT PAY TITHE, SHE WORKS HARD AND CARES FOR THE LESS PRIVILEGED!
—————-
I just got off the phone with Linda after congratulating her on yet another achievement inside this recession, a 70 million Naira Range Rover autobiography SUV. How did she do it? Did she invest in MMM? Of course not, did God bless her because she paid tithe to a Yahoo boy pastor? Hell no!!! So how did she do it??? SHE WORKED HARD!!! The key to success is hard work! Linda works 16 hours a day on the average and she empowers everyone around her, family, friends, widows, orphans and unemployed women that’s what God wants!
—————–
@officiallindaikeji I am so proud of you! You are hardworking, beautiful, sexy, intelligent, innovative, unstoppable, influential in fact Ifeoma, you are too much!

Where angels fear to tread you go there and buy land. You are an avant-garde archetype and a paradigm shifter all in one and I’m so proud of you! Learn from Linda all u need is Hardwork, perseverance dedication and determination, money will surely come!
—————–
God said all the tithe belong to the Levites in Numbers 18: 21. Do you know that Levites are not even Christians?? They are JEWS and they practice Judaism!!! Never in the bible was the role of the Levites or the tithe transferred from the Levite to any apostle, bishop, deacon, disciple, prayer warrior, pastor, priest, prophet, choir master, minister or any Nigerian pastor.
—————–
None of the 12 disciples of JESUS collected tithe, so why are Nigerian pastors collecting it on their behalf?
—————–
STOP PAYING TITHE, IT’S A SCAM! HELP THE LESS PRIVILEGED INSTEAD ~FRZ

1. Aanuoluwapo

December 7, 2016 at 9:59 am

Freeze or fridge, if you won’t pay ur tithe it’s fine so what’s all ds rubbish you are spewing from dt ur gutter u call mouth.
    Even you can’t stop us from paying tithe for I know d truth n it’s setting me free.
    You need to know the truth bcos and stop making fool of ur old age

• Theo.

December 7, 2016 at 3:41 pm

WHEN PEOPLE HAVE MADE UP THEIR MINDS TO WORK FOR THE DEVIL AND SELL THEIR SOULS TO HIM, THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF TIMES YOU WILL TELL THEM THE TRUTH THAT THEY WILL HEAR.

EVERY time this evil verbal diarrhea is posted, the EVIDENCE OF TITHING IN THE NEW TESTAMENT AND APPROVED AND COMMENDED BY JESUS CHRIST IS POSTED but because the follish have sold themselves to propagate a satanic agenda, they ignore it and continue to make more noise hoping to drown out and kill the TRUTH.

IMPOSSIBLE!

“”“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you TITHE mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, WITHOUT NEGLECTING THE OTHERS.”” (i.e. without neglecting TITHING). Jesus Christ says in Matthew 23:23

“”“DO NOT THINK I HAVE COME TO ABOLISH THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS; I HAVE NOT COME TO ABOLISH THEM BUT TO FULFILL THEM. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. THEREFORE, WHOEVER RELAXES ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE COMMANDMENTS AND TEACHES OTHERS TO DO THE SAME SHALL BE CALLED LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. “” Jesus Christ says in Matthew 5: 17 – 20

• fleur

December 7, 2016 at 5:23 pm

So let me clarify…is he saying that he asked Linda the question “have you been paying tithes” and she said “No, I do not pay my tithe?” Please Frozen brain, don’t pay your tithe. It is your prerogative. But leave us tithers alone. How we wish to spend our money “aint nothing but our bidness.”

• Abi

December 8, 2016 at 7:58 am

I wish I can like this your comment a hundred times. True talk jare

2. Le coco

December 7, 2016 at 10:04 am

@freeze u wonder how u cld see ur screen to type this when ur head is stuck so far off linda’s butt.. abeg stop seeking attention … stop ass kissing…

Linda.. congratulations super woman.. they will envy you.. but thy won’t be able to put in half as much work as u do.. #SHINE

3. Cy

December 7, 2016 at 10:07 am

Patiently waiting for the Chineke babies aka Christian Voltrons…

4. James

December 7, 2016 at 10:09 am

@Daddyfreeze is out to put a lot of Nigerian pastors and prayer warriors out of business and I support him. Those guys live big on other people’s sweat. Drive through Lekki and you’ll find that more churches have sprung up in this recession. These are people who have lost their jobs and decided instead of starting a business which may require start-up capital and doing actual work, they’ll rather open a church and prey on the gullible among us.

You see names like Dr. this and Dr. that. If they are real doctors, why ain’t they practicing in their field of endeavour? What they are doing instead is preying on the insecurities of Nigerians.

5. www.thelmathinks.com

December 7, 2016 at 10:12 am

Yes hardwork, dedication etc is all good but why does Freeze think he has the right to tell people what to do with their own money? If they want to pay tithe let them! If they want to “invest” in MMM, let them! Freeze is beginning to sound jealous of pastors collecting tithe. What Freeze needs to understand is that for most people, it’s not just about parting with their cash, it’s the faith they have in the blessings that come from obedience and paying tithes. So whether they’re enriching pastors or not is irrelevant to them, what matters is that they have faith that something positive, probably even something miraculous would result from this obedience.
    Freeze please leave people alone, the fact that they pay tithe does not mean that they’re not hardworking, diligent and dedicated. Also I know people who have good 9-5 jobs and thriving side businesses that put money in MMM. They’re neither stupid nor lazy, in this economy most people are just trying to augment their income. Y’all need to stop taking Panadol for people doing MMM, shebi their profit or loss is their own? Nawa o!

• Caramel chic

December 7, 2016 at 11:37 am

Errrm something sounded slightly off here. Biblically under grace. Paying tithes is not with the aim of getting a blessing. The blessing of knowing christ has already been given. Which is the ultimate blessing. This mentality of if I sow my salary does not have any biblical ground under the new law. Yes the old testament showed us what that looks like. But God doesn’t warrant us under the new testament. The money you choose is a mandate to sustain the work of the body of Christ. Which if your church is practicing this fully. Would mean helping the widows and orphans within the church and meeting the needs of the church(congregation and members). Freeze doesn’t always articulate his opinions objectively. Hence why many times the message gets lost. What we all need to be doing is asking our church for their yearly budget. You need to know what your pastors and elders are doing with the money. Where is it going what salaries are being paid. Biblically the pastor answers to the church not the other way around. So I don’t understand how you can go to a church and not know what is been done with your offerings. Some of these practices are borderline #witchcraft clothed in ‘Christianity’

• Abi

December 7, 2016 at 12:28 pm

There is a blessing attached to Tithing as recorded in Malachi 3. However, not paying tithes does not stop you from enjoying other Biblical blessings. The choice is yours.

• Frosh

December 7, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Malachi 3:10King James Version (KJV)

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Which part of this is disputable? Prove Him now, if He will not open the windows of heaven and pour me out a blessing so great that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Which one is hard there?

6. EC

December 7, 2016 at 10:13 am

he has come again. bia just ask her to hire you

7. Loki

December 7, 2016 at 10:14 am

Wait o. I’m sorry, this might be my ignorance talking, but how does Freeze the towncrier know Linda does not pay a tithe on her income? Did she tell anybody that?
    Isn’t tithe payment kind of a personal thing or is this just another windmill, Freeze wants to tilt at again?

• Anon

December 7, 2016 at 10:49 am

She goes to the Catholic church and he knows she’s a Catholic.

“Catholics are under no obligation to tithe a certain percentage of their income to the Church.”

They assist in many areas of the church and make donations.

• A

December 7, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Means nothing that she is Catholic. Cause they don’t come out to pay their tithes like Pentecostal churches doesn’t mean that they don’t. Catholics pay tithe too. Centuries of misplaced doctrines and teachings based on what these religious leaders said&enforced by making themselves into demi gods have warped peoples minds and thinking. Most of the religious rituals practised in Orthodox churches are “man made” and not by God.The Bible is there for us to read and understand and follow what God’s word says. It is not that hard. Stop following man but God and His word. Tithes have been demaded by Him since the beginning of time and “Fridge” ain’t about to change it. We have been ordered by God to pay tithes,it is not your buisness to know where it goes or how it is spent. Pay your tithe with total submission to God and let Him pay you back. It’s doesn’t necessarily have to be in monetary value,the blessings come in different ways. People, stop looking only to financial gains alone as a result of paying your tithe&serving God, He can compensate you with insight to untapped ideas, peace and joy in your marriage, favour over your kids and their academics etc. Also the fault shouldn’t go to some of Pastor’s (the ones we think aren’t doing the will of God), The people also attending are looking for quick fix and cash,they are also at fault. No one forced you,you are grown up. You are the ones that encourage them because of your foolishness. If you know what God is to you,you will do His will. At the end of the day when we get to Heaven, God will ask “Did you follow my instructions to the letter or what you felt was right to you?” He commanded us to give to the poor and help and He also commanded us to pay our tithes. One doesn’t trump the other. #MyTwoCents

• Pat

December 7, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Lol at ” towncrier”

8. Spunky

December 7, 2016 at 10:19 am

Ass licker…lick it real good!

9. .....just saying

December 7, 2016 at 10:30 am

I’ve never understood this thing about buying a car being an achievement in Nigeria. That’s how people were congratulating me upandan when I bought a new car, asking when I will “wash it” and I’m like errr, it’s just a car folks, it’s not that serious. I can’t deal with Nigerians. I just can’t.

• Loki

December 7, 2016 at 10:45 am

I used to wonder the same until I finally accepted that it’s just the Nigerian culture. The same way westerners celebrate a huge Sweet Sixteen and Latinos throw a quinceanara for fifteen, while the AVERAGE Nigerian thinks it’s just another birthday. On my 16th birthday, I’m pretty sure no one in my very Nigerian boarding school gave a damn. Although that is beginning to change, what with all the dumb shows on ‘E’, Nigerians are begining to bring to life here.
      I guess in a poor country like Nigeria, being able to dole out over a million naira to buy a car is worth celebrating.

• emma

December 7, 2016 at 6:54 pm

No one gave a damn when I turned 16 in an American HS. I think you should have used Prom and HS graduation as an example. The way people here go crazy over these things is ridiculous. Having a whole party and rolling out a red carpet for ordinary prom. *rollseyes

• Annony

December 7, 2016 at 9:10 pm

True, I just bought a 2017 Infiniti QX80. It is not a big deal where I live.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

December 8, 2016 at 12:26 pm

If you go to a church or are in any kind of close community with certain Nigerians (notice, I didn’t say “all” Nigerians), it’ll become a big deal.

You’ll be surprised how many people have perplexedly informed me about how the “greeting” they received changed in a very drastic fashion once they bought their cars (even young gals suddenly became addressed as “Ma”)… and the greeting varies depending on the kind of car.

True talk. 🙂

10. Marlvina

December 7, 2016 at 10:42 am

This same Freeze, if given an opportunity to start a church, you will be shocked at what will go down there. First would be the compulsory payment of tithes by all members. Freeze please you have no rights instructing people on how to carry on with their spirituality. Face your front bruh!

11. toluwanimi adegoke

December 7, 2016 at 10:51 am

Uncle Agbaya. Am tired of hearing him rant every time.

12. Leave people alone

December 7, 2016 at 10:52 am

Freeze, your opinion is yours but you need to really understand the bible.

The Levites paying tithe was a symbol of the new cos we are the spiritual Israelites and pastors are the Levites. Paul explained this in the book of Galatians and Hebrews and Jesus was very pro tithe by the way.

You have a challenge with tithing I understand but please stop shouting up and down.

As for MMM, there’s a new one sef, Me2u, you put in money and get 100% in return. I intend to try that with 200k in January. If it works, I’ll start re-investing my profit. I have to start a side business by March.

Please leave people alone and live your own life.

13. Toes

December 7, 2016 at 10:53 am

Why, just why does OAP- old aged pensioner- Freeze always gotta comment on ‘trending’ topics to stay relevant ? Like hes gotta have a say on controversial topics/humans to be in the news ? Allow people do whatever the he** they wish to do with their money, they’re not asking you for alms to survive are they ? Tithing is biblical and if paying tithe puts their mind at ease that they’ll get blessed, what concern of it is it to you ? if they see MMM as a quick way to generate money, how does it subtract anything from you ? be controversial on your own, don’t hitch a ride on Linda

14. Chic

December 7, 2016 at 10:54 am

Freeze the Basket Mouth!

15. Prince Charming

December 7, 2016 at 10:54 am

@Freeze, I suppose you don’t pay tithe. How many people have you empowered? If christians stop paying tithes, will it solve Nigeria’s problems? Hell no! We have other issues to worry about.

16. Xoxo

December 7, 2016 at 11:10 am

I just have to drop this here….Freeze is a nincompoop. Yes, the key to success is hard work but its not only hard work. If its only through hard work then the folks that stand in the market as early as 4am, through the hot sun, till late at night with their wheel barrows looking for goods to carry for people would be seriously wealthy. And not just them even other Nigerians that are equally very hard working. Hard work is great but its not the sole attribute that leads to success. Tithe or no tithe if God does not bless the work of your hands you can’t get anywhere. Freeze looks for the slightest avenue to drag pastors (generally) through the mud. Even in irrelevant matters. Going to church is not by force, being a Christian is not by force heck paying tithe is not even compulsory. If you want to live by faith it should be your decision. Freeze should stop with the silly messages on IG giving useless unsolicited advice. He just keeps acting like a dunderhead. Learn to mind your business and stop the silly ass kissing. Who told you she doesn’t pay tithe?? Let’s even assume somehow Linda Ikeji told you she doesn’t pay tithe, did she ask you to help her broadcast it??? Silly man, always divulging people’s news up and down.

• Loki

December 7, 2016 at 11:21 am

Marry me Xoxo. I can’t promise I will always make you happy; but I can promise to try each and everyday to be the man/woman/gender-neutral entity that will always support you and never leave you alone (except when you’re in the bathroom suffering from diarrhoea). I love you.

• Xoxo

December 7, 2016 at 12:23 pm

LMAO!!! Loki won’t kill me o…. I’ve always perceived you to be female, if you are, I don’t swing down that road sister??… You’re a very humorous person, I like that….Your comment just made my day. Much love??… I hope your day is going well

• Loki

December 7, 2016 at 12:37 pm

@Xoxo- what’s a little marriage between two straight women? Give us a chance. Besides, I can become a man because of you. Ever heard of Chaz Bono? Lol
      My day is going well…

• Ene

December 7, 2016 at 11:31 am

@Xoxo Thanks.

17. BA

December 7, 2016 at 11:13 am

One would like for the church to be transparent with her finances. Tithes and contributions and gifts to the church would be declared and members should have a say in how the money is disbursed to pay church workers, volunteers, and assist the poor and anyone in need at any time. Tithes are for Levites and widows and widowers and anyone in need. No one should be hungry or have to beg in the church. We do not need to build the most beautiful buildings while people go hungry or can’t afford to go to school. One would love for the church to be really inclusive and accountable to its members. Tithes are so that there is food in the house of the Lord for her children.

18. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

December 7, 2016 at 11:14 am

Tithing was not just for the Israelites (it was the Levites who collected them) it is also for the modern day christian. Tithe is tenth of anything you earn to show appreciation to God. see Leviticus 27:30. You are giving it to God even if the pastor collects it. It is the minimum you are expected to give. And there are a whole lot of blessings that come with it.. As for Linda congrats to her. Truth be told we all cannot be her. Not everyone would write a blog. MMM is also not for everyone as most are not ready to take the plunge.We all need to find own metier.

• Caramel chic

December 7, 2016 at 2:40 pm

@zones Sorry dear. ..There really is no minium we need to give. Do a bit more study on your own. Leviticus was the old testament. The new testament was calling us to give so much more. The quote about the tithe is often not preached in context theology. The blessing that you talking about was not directed to you as an individual but the body of Christ. http://Www.desiringgod. com has some great theology teachings to help.

19. remi

December 7, 2016 at 11:25 am

a afraid but Freeze is right on this one ……..though dont like him calling out Linda

20. rain

December 7, 2016 at 11:26 am

Freeze is right on tithe. Also right on hardwork and dedication.

21. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

December 7, 2016 at 11:34 am

Linda, how many cars do you have now?

Na wa oh. You can buy vintage cars as well if you like. They are investments as well.

But you need a holiday, just to de – stress. When you go on the holiday, do document your holiday experience on video, let’s watch, please.

22. sammyarena

December 7, 2016 at 12:06 pm

Who really make d money in mmm? Find out at sammyarena.blogspot.com. Nothing annoy me most wen ppl say , u are poor or not doing well, bc u aren’t paying your tithe. Do d rich billionaires in arab who are muslim pay tithe to mam? Plss love your Nebor dat is all

23. Abi

December 7, 2016 at 12:28 pm

24. Hogan

December 7, 2016 at 1:02 pm

I think we should stop and think for a second. There is something this “radio guy” knows that we don’t. For a while now he has been on about pastors being fake and being a fraud. I believe there is a particular pastor he is on about, there is something he has discovered about the pastor. He is right to say some pastors are not right but I think he is wrong in telling people how to spend their monies. There are issues as a country we need to talk about. As a Christian, I think our churches needs to be at the forefront of charity and the act of fairness in addition to equality. Our churches shouldn’t just be selling hope. Imagine in a congregation of 1000 and 800 of those people are involved in one good deed in their community, village or street. Imagine on a street where you find 5 churches, there are 5 manufacturing companies! Can you imagine where Nigeria would be? “My thots”

• nene

December 7, 2016 at 6:09 pm

i agree

25. jay

December 7, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Mr Freeze you can pass your message across without condemning other peoples religion.just as people dont pay tithe and succeed in their day to day lives so also people pay tithes and succeed in all they do.Please mind your business leave tithe payers and Christians alone.

26. eniola prentice

December 7, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Y’all know the Levites were the priests right and received no portion of inheritance of land, their portion was God himself. That is why God instituted thites for them. The Levites of today could be the the true pastors though some may argue the veil has been torn and we are under grace and not the law. Whether you pay thites or not it’s between you and God

27. Caramel chic

December 7, 2016 at 2:33 pm

@Just saying haha haha I love you. It’s a big achievement in Nigeria. It’s so funny. That’s why we need to really help teach people financial literacy. The same way Nigerian parents would rather pay money for a wedding than give their children money to start a business. My aunty tells me stories all the time that out generation is foolish(not directly at Linda. .she knows her own pocket) but she tells me and my brothers how when she was younger. She and her friends use to put money together to buy houses in the village as investment. As they couldn’t afford to get on the property ladder in lagos. When she turned 50 she bought her dream car Mercedez clk and willed all her properties to my cousins. She owns 30 houses in Nigeria but none in lagos and collects rent from all of them. Where she lives in Mary land lagos she rents. Which she has been renting for 30 years. She said she can make more money outsidr of lagos than buying in lagos.Let’s get knowledge people. Don’t be so consumed by other people’s blinging stories. Get knowledge and get wisdom.

28. Ola

December 7, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Egbon iya!, stylishing famzing Linda until one day she will get a call from freeze and like play like play he will beg her for money or loan in Ibadan style, if Linda surprise he go talk am for Ibadan, “mo ba e se e ni”(just playing wit u). That’s his modus operandi, his watches ⌚️ can’t buy one cup of rice at everyday market. ?

29. ucee

December 7, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Mathew 23:24 : Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You pay tithes of mint, dill, and cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law: justice, mercy, and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24-You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

They were very strict and precise in smaller matters of the law, but careless and loose in weightier matters. It is not the scrupling a little sin that Christ here reproves; if it be a sin, though but a gnat, it must be strained out; but the doing that, and then swallowing a camel, or, committing a greater sin. While they would seem to be godly, they were neither sober nor righteous. We are really, what we are inwardly.

source: Mathew Henry Commentary

30. ucee

December 7, 2016 at 3:53 pm

to Daddyfreeze aka hypocrite: Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’’ while there is still a beam in your own eye? 5You hypocrite! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

y r u more concerned with what some Christians do with their money when there are more pressing issues in ur life that needs to be addressed?

31. Me

December 7, 2016 at 5:47 pm

“I just got off the phone with Linda.”
    We must know you know her and you call her. Mtchew! Mr Congratulator! Be there congratulating. If you dont pay tithe, who e concern? Abeg dress make persin pass.

32. osa

December 7, 2016 at 6:55 pm

You guys cant you see through freeze? He is broke. He is single. Linda is rich and husband desperate.
    Pls put two and two together to arrive at four. Omo ibadan ofo. Omo atapata dide. Them fit each other. Yellow and black. Shior

33. o

December 7, 2016 at 7:29 pm

How does Linda’s butt taste. Freeze????….

34. Yetunde

December 8, 2016 at 9:33 am

Opeyemi Morenike Olarinde nee ONI has come here to insult Freeze again with fake names. Can’t she move on already?

• osa

December 9, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Welcome freeze

35. Esther Bliss

December 8, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Really???????????? Congrats Linda… But then, this Freeze sha??? You sound like one that has been hurt or deceived before and that is why you are all out for them. Whichever way, take heart bro and handle it more intelligently. If all of us begins to pure out hates like this, even OAPs taking advantage of their listeners backstage won’t be left out.

Apply a bit of emotional intelligence or betterstill, attend Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)

36. cook

December 9, 2016 at 9:08 am

Yes! Linda is madly rich and she is surely enjoying her money. I just want to know the lucky guy that is f**king her toto… Any news on that please.

• Teshkane

December 11, 2016 at 2:58 pm

Yes but i do not live by man’s words or standards but by GOD’S. He told me nit to be a thief in Malachi 3:9-14 ,i will not.Freeze keep thinking because men listen to you, you can say what you want.A day comes when your words will not be heard

37. Bk

January 17, 2017 at 12:04 pm

When you don’t pay tithes you are a rubber and you robbing God.Malachi 3:10 and God will not be happy with that person.A rubber can’t make heaven unless you repent.

• Iwundu Anthonia

January 20, 2017 at 4:31 pm

Robber not rubber.

38. Ebunoluwa

December 16, 2017 at 7:46 pm

With all his ranting,I hope he knows that tithe is just 10%of ones total income.