News

30-Man Robbery Gang Flee after Sighting Bishop Oyedepo’s Picture – Church Member Testifies

BellaNaija.com

An 87-year-old woman who attends Living Faith Church Worldwide (Winners Chapel) testified that a 30-man robbery gang fled her house as soon as they saw the picture of the President of the mission, Bishop David Oyedepo.

The twitter account of the church @WinnersChapelNL shared this story on the social media platform today.

The church also explained why it used “87-year-young lady” in its tweet.

1. Sonia Paloma

January 6, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Baba Jesu, please forgive me for laughing so hard

• NK

January 6, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Me too. First reaction was a burst of laughter. Religion truly is the opium of the masses.

2. Fleur

January 6, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Bella, no comprende. More context? Where is the church’s explanation? Is the lady 13 and expected to live to be a 100?

3. ngobeke

January 6, 2017 at 4:09 pm

BN,,,,,,slowly descending into the abyss of sensational stories to garner more clicks…..continue!!

4. Mama

January 6, 2017 at 4:12 pm

So she stood and counted the robbers? Issokay!

• FINDOUT

January 6, 2017 at 5:23 pm

LOL…ABI O.

5. Bey

January 6, 2017 at 4:18 pm

Lmao.
    1. She counted thirty robbers.
    2. What is she housing that 30 robbers came to carry?
    Lemme go back to my waakye.

6. Kobby

January 6, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Lool this is so funny. Check out- (www.nigeriansociety.com)

7. Anon

January 6, 2017 at 4:49 pm

I have a bridge to sell…

8. Bey

January 6, 2017 at 5:00 pm

Ayam not understanding………..
    An 87 year young lady ???? u ppl shld not make me laugh abeg.

9. E

January 6, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Even the man’s face in this picture is saying “Y’all know that’s a damn lie”

• Nakoms

January 6, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Lol. You wicked!

• Jasmine

January 6, 2017 at 11:11 pm

LMAO

10. Sevenade

January 6, 2017 at 6:03 pm

30 robbers? When she’s not Oprah Winfrey.

11. SEUNJEJE

January 6, 2017 at 6:10 pm

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT DADDY FREEZE HAS BEEN PREACHING ABOUT! YAHOO BOY PASTORS

12. Binam

January 6, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Is the lady a prominent member of society? Why would 30 able-bodied robbers rob an 87 yrs old woman? Kai, this lie pass the one wey we dey see for Chinese film.

13. Corolla

January 6, 2017 at 6:38 pm

The church will kukuma start selling photos of Oyedepo with special picture frame that has anointing.

14. Bimbo

January 6, 2017 at 6:53 pm

We are just getting over his daughters arm – lengthening miracle , papa oyedepo has given us another one!

15. bignaijababe

January 6, 2017 at 8:17 pm

#free the sheeple

16. AceOfSpades

January 6, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Why are you people acting like you don’t have Grandmothers who tell grand stories at home. My own grandma once told me a mermaid jumped from the ocean high up to aeroplane level and waved at her through the window before diving right back into the ocean!

Lord knows I believed that woman until….

• Spunky

January 6, 2017 at 11:01 pm

LMfAO! My granny can booboo dat year. Anything to make the tori get juice.

17. Lie lie

January 7, 2017 at 2:06 am

Ah! Winner Chapel sef dey plan publicity stunt? What a sham(e). We are not our parents o that will believe anything anymore. The man wants to be God now. No more in the name of Jesus. It is now in the name of Bishop Oyedepo…mcheeeew!!!

18. Fade1

January 7, 2017 at 3:12 am

Dear BN, I think you should stay off post of men of God that will attract negative comments from your readers. I’m just saying. If you have read your Bible very well, go and see what happened to the man that killed King Saul and brought the news of his death to David in the Bible. David had so many opportunities to kill Saul, but he didn’t do it, because he knew God anointed Saul. Just in case you haven’t read the bible, read 2 Samuel 1: 1-14. Whatever these men of God do shouldn’t affect us; let’s leave God to be the judge.

These is a link youtube.com/watch?v=N9HYEdTnOr8 to the testimony shared on the 31ST of December 2016, there is a video to back up the testimony. It was a long service so the time for the testimony was 2:32:44. This you will not share to your readers.

You can post my comments if you like, I don’t care.

19. Smackdown

January 7, 2017 at 4:14 am

Haaaaaaaaa!! 30 lowun lowun? If you’re going to lie, try to make it a little realistic na.

20. I love my husband

January 7, 2017 at 8:51 am

she said about 30 robbers..duuh..about could be more or less..and trust me a lot of robbers are actually scared of winners chapel members. I have been involved in a road robbery before on our way back from the yearly Shiloh programme and immediately the robbers saw winners stickers on our car, they shouted…ahhh, awon omo oyedepo leleyi o and they made us go. it gets to a level you get to in the spiritual realm that only at the mention of your name, demons flee. Remember the bible told us that at the nmention of the name of Jesus, every knee bows…and it says greater works than shall you do..so we can actually get to a point in our spiritual walk where the devil fears you literally. So I believe this can happen..and I believe David Oyedepo is a man called by God

P. S- I’m NOT a member of winners chapel

• I_I

January 7, 2017 at 9:05 am

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

• Who cares

January 7, 2017 at 11:12 am

I was waiting for one of this… not everyone can be sensible

21. I love my husband

January 7, 2017 at 2:58 pm

@who cares,,you are clearly the senseless one..who is to immature to realise that everyone does not have to go with your opinion, we are all entitled to our opinions sweetheart. Next time, think before you speak as I see you clearly don’t.

22. NG

January 7, 2017 at 7:52 pm

BN at one of their sensational best!
    Nothing too way out about the story. If Winners attract millions of members world-wide who believe Bishop Oyedepo has a relationship with God worthy of their associating with him, why wont robbers who are humans too have hearts that also buy into the narrative that the Bishop is one to be feared as having God with him? Robbers are of society too.

Religion is a heart and mind thing. If you have enough faith in God, you can actually lift your heart and mind to do unimaginable things. And truly, the strength of your faith can touch on people around you too. Even spiritualists and other religions besides Christianity know this.

Yours truly is just a regular folk, but i have had experiences with faith, including impacting on others with my faith. The only problem i have is keeping such experiences in people’s faces and making out it can be sustained as an every day occurrence. I dont believe it can be. From experience, the enormous emotional and mental demand of it can be so draining, you cannot function in normalcy on other regular daily activities if you try to sustain that much level of spiritual sensitivity. This is why many set themselves up to shenanigans to sustain the promised miracles they have made out to be common ever day occurrences, which they are not.

• sincere

January 8, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Thank you so much NG. You just inspired me now. I have been struggling in my walk of faith. I take three steps forward and two backwards. Challenges keep coming my way I am currently at a point where life is so hard and I am totally discouraged but I fear God too much to give up on him. I love God.

23. Myra

January 8, 2017 at 8:56 pm

With an annointed man of God anything is possible.