Events

See The Bright Colours of Lagos in London As Author Chibundu Onuzo Launches Her Second Novel titled ‘Welcome to Lagos’

BellaNaija.com

On Thursday the 12th of January, in front of a packed house at London’s Southbank Centre, award winning Nigerian author Chibundu Onuzo launched her second novel, Welcome to Lagos.

There was a live band, live poetry, and a surprise musical performance by Chibundu that took everybody present straight back to the streets of Lagos.

Onuzo was in conversation with Ellah Allfrey OBE and she spoke about her inspiration for the novel, her faith, her experiences living in England and much more. Copies of the book sold out on the night.

Sarah Savitt, Deputy Publisher at Virago tweeted from the event, ‘This might be the best launch ever!’ If you missed it, don’t worry, just get your copy of Welcome to Lagos, which the Economist is already calling a ‘fine novel.’

Don’t forget to use the tag #WelcomeToLagos and maybe see you at the Lagos launch.

See photos from the launch below

A Copy of the Book

Pastor Agu and Sola Irukwu

Dr. Okey Onuzo (author’s dad)

Question from the Audience.

Selfie time

Teresa Lola (Poet)

Lanre (Singer)

Shoki

Signing books

With Pastor Agu Irukwu

1. The Real Oma

January 19, 2017 at 10:27 am

I follow Chibundu on IG and i think she is a very inspiring lady. The cover of that book is so beautiful and looks like the launch was truly fun – great organizing too.
    I love the afro touch i see everywhere, with the prints and the afro hair and the braids.
    Way to go ladies!

2. Chynwa

January 19, 2017 at 11:46 am

Please can we get it on Okadabooks? Thanks

3. E

January 19, 2017 at 12:00 pm

The book cover is artistically beautiful and captures Lagos to a large extent. Chibundu is a pretty author (just like Chimamanda). I haven’t got hold of her first book and now this…..I am sure to read all of her works…..just a matter of time. Well done.

4. Nv

January 19, 2017 at 12:53 pm

This launch sounds simultaneously formal and lowkey! Sounds like fun!

I’m not farmiliar with the writer but I’mma check her out!

5. Tosin

January 19, 2017 at 5:11 pm

🙂

6. Bellanaijarian

January 21, 2017 at 12:15 am

Writer. Singer. Fashionista. Pls what can this Chibundu babe not do? Keep inspiring abeg. Nigerian writers are just starting, the world is not ready. Can’t wait to get the book!

7. Mirabelle

January 23, 2017 at 7:23 am

First time I saw her was on BBC, and I was amazed! Today is my second time and am blown away. ?