Relationships

“You know that if I could turn back the hands of time, I would never hurt or make you cry” – Read Richard Mofe-Damijo’s Sweet Birthday Message to his Wife

BellaNaija.com

Today is Richard Mofe-Damijo’s wife, Jumobi Adegbesan’s birthday.

The veteran actor took to Instagram to share a sweet birthday message alongside her photo. He wrote:

Nah, this won’t be a long one. Been saying too much of late and dragging you back into the public space you’ve warned me to keep you away from, you see, I’m trying but I can’t help myself. I must let the world know that you’re the strongest reason I can hold my head up high. You have covered my mistakes and shielded my shortcomings from the public. You know that if I could turn back the hands of time, I would never hurt or make you cry. Thank you ABK for loving me and helping us heal through all my failings, I am humbled by it all. Thank you for the privilege to call you my wife, I can’t be more proud. HAPPY BIRTHDAY my own personal Adunmaradan. God bless, keep and prosper you for me. Oluwaseunfunmi. I love you to the moon and back.

Happy birthday to her!

1. Wunmi

January 27, 2017 at 1:12 pm

It seems uncle RMD has just woken up from his slumber huh?After they have na gbara and na gboro they haf now taya and retire back to the patient wife at home.
    Jumobi I hope you don’t fall for this Sha.It is ur turn to show him pepper.Because we have d inside scoop of wat u went through while he was commissioner abi special adviser abi wetin be d role sef.
    Happy birthday darling Jumobi

• ENNIE

January 27, 2017 at 1:26 pm

ode

• Wunmi

January 27, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Ni e ?

• Abi

January 27, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Obviously Wunmi you r an abnormal woman. After husband starts loving you,that is , love you have patiently earned, then you should show him pepper abi? Ori e ti gbale! When you marry your own, don’t only show him pepper,put pepper in his condom and bathing water. Jumobi ma gbo telegon oo….Continue to reciprocate love with love.That home is yours and it shall not break.All this unilag girls that have only tasted prick for 4 yrs will come here and be advising their mothersl.

• Cocolette

January 27, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Lmao Wunmi…completing that comment, you just reminded me of secondary school

• Anne

January 27, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Haba Wunmi. Don’t break her home with your advice.

• FasholasLover

January 27, 2017 at 3:52 pm

@Wunmi, you sef talk am. When they have caused the wife at home so much heartache, they expect to be loved when they become old and grey. RMD, money nor dey again. Men sha? When a man has betrayed your trust so badly, can things ever be the same? The ex-Shell Lawyer in Warri, l hope you see pepper in your new marriage too. Becos, you are one of the reasons Jumobi had sleepless nights. Sotay, you born ontop Jumobi head. RMD, USELESS FELLOW. f*****ing all F******ables from Warri to Asaba when he was commissioner. Bella, post or delete na you saka!

• Anon

January 27, 2017 at 4:36 pm

FasholasLover – “tea-est!”

• spill tea

January 27, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Aunty is this the only tea you have? i bet you have more to spill.

• nene+

January 27, 2017 at 5:14 pm

My innocent question is, was Jumobi dating RMD whilst he was married to MEE? If NO then I join RMD to say please forgive otherwise come on! Shrugs shoulder….

• o

January 27, 2017 at 6:06 pm

They weren’t dating when MEE was alive

• Kemmy

January 27, 2017 at 6:37 pm

It’s not your business. What if you know what she went through? Isn’t it obvious they’ve moved on? RMD and JMD, God will continue to strengthen your home and no man will be able to separate you. HBD darling JMD

• Neks

January 27, 2017 at 8:46 pm

See this one. Association of War room watchers. I wish you JMD’s kind of marriage. Don’t forget to move on too. Leave SM alone mba. If RMD respects himself will people be spilling tea here? What is wrong with telling Jumobi all these in private. Why does he need public validation? I beg swerve.

• T

January 27, 2017 at 8:08 pm

@Wunmi, you obviously lack wisdom and depth, very shallow minded… not just you but all those that liked your ‘omugo’ comment, Jumobi is deeper and wiser than all the rubbish you wrote but you won’t know because you lack what will make you know. It’s such a shame.

2. ADS

January 27, 2017 at 1:44 pm

A wise woman builds her home and a Foolish one tears it apart. We celebrate you Jumobi as your husband celebrates you. Happy birthday.

• Anon

January 27, 2017 at 3:55 pm

So the adulterous man is not the one that tears it apart? Anyway save it for your daughter if she’s in an abusive marriage.

• A Real Nigerian

January 27, 2017 at 4:49 pm

?

• Anon

January 28, 2017 at 7:42 am

A wise woman knows better than to date a married man let alone marry a man she knows fully well has no regards for marital vows. That’s for you jubaby and let that be a lesson for all.

• anonymous

January 28, 2017 at 10:13 am

the adulterous husband wasnt the one that tore his home ehn? get out of here

3. Observer

January 27, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Just keep your eyes on him lady. When men get public and all mushy with their displays of love its more to do with conscience rather than actual love.

• Nene

January 27, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Gbam

• Awiase

January 27, 2017 at 3:49 pm

@Observer very true.i know a middle aged man who insulted a young lady horribly to his wife that she is ugly,has a big mouth and dresses provocatively.Hmmm she was his mistress anyway.The wife was shocked when she learnt about this.Some men!

4. wonders

January 27, 2017 at 1:52 pm

It would be better if this silly papa would just wish his wife a happy birthday and shut it. Let your can of worms remain enclosed. This is why your wife avoids sm. All the other apology can be done in zee oder room. RMD mid life crisis is worrying you chai!

5. Billionaire in grace

January 27, 2017 at 1:54 pm

The first comment really made me laugh

6. Nene

January 27, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Jumoke has seen something. But I guess she loves him.

7. Grace

January 27, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Once their sex libido drops. They retire home and form born again . If you couldnt love me when you were younger and attractive to every woman out there , dont come and tell me stories that touch when i dont need you after you have tirned vegetable.

8. PawnsnKings

January 27, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Some of these onugbu women talking. misery loves company. To whom it may concern. Jumobi keep ur home ooo. Happy birthday to you. May grace and peace be multiplied upon u.

• Mz_Danielz

January 27, 2017 at 3:46 pm

Let her keep it now. This RMD annoys me eh. Useless player like him. When I was in school, I knew his girlfriend, he actually used to tell her, my wife loves me but she doesn’t excite me, she can’t keep a man or excite me like you do.

RMD swear that you didn’t tell that to your Igbenedion babe. Useless man

Bella post it oh

• DoroAnon

January 27, 2017 at 3:58 pm

So daddy RMD is a player ehn.

• Anon

January 27, 2017 at 4:38 pm

DoroAnon – is water wet?

• RMD

January 27, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Mz_Danielz, which of the igbinedion babez, cos i had/have like 16 of them there

• Kemmy

January 27, 2017 at 6:45 pm

Shame on you and that your useless friend. Has RMD married that shameless friend of yours now? Can he publicly profess love to that your friend like this if the rubbish you are saying is anything to go by? At least he’s gone back to his true love JMD. Shame !!

• Anon

January 27, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Lool “keep” your home. E be like say God give us key inside our vagina when dem born us. And it’s like we get medal in heaven for tolerating adultery.

• LagosismyHome

January 27, 2017 at 9:03 pm

I was shocked when i was in a club and next thing RMD started hitting on me….i was so shocked that hello you are a known face and your wife is known figure . There was no discretion in the hitting thankfully i dont play that game …… but it left a bad taste in my mind that how can he be so opened with such an unacceptable behaviour. Adultery is a no no for me

9. Awiase

January 27, 2017 at 3:46 pm

Some comments here??

10. Seriously

January 27, 2017 at 4:05 pm

Laughing at comments. A day to make this Friday go by faster. TGIF

11. sae

January 27, 2017 at 4:09 pm

It’s becoming a trend here. Husband acknowledges that he was bad and retraces his steps and publicly showers encomiums on wifey. The “feminist” on here whose husbands are saints or don’t have husbands at all come all out bashing and tearing pant……i dey sorry for una. Keyboard warriors. kontinu

• Temi

January 27, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Well he /they could have acted right in the first place. Abeg jare. Its like taking grace and forgiveness for granted.

• Yar

January 28, 2017 at 5:15 am

You are so silly. Women are finally refusing to take rubbish and you are talking about feminists and being single. It is this type of thinking that is dragging women back. No one needs to take nonsense under the guise of ” a wise woman builds her home”

12. Bold Baby Pearl

January 27, 2017 at 4:25 pm

I really cannot begin to imagine what this lady has gone through.
    I just can’t.
    I hope she finds more joy this new year.
    Happy Birthday to her.

13. Olapeju

January 27, 2017 at 5:36 pm

When they cross into old age, they no longer have the strength to misbehave, the cock (pun intended) has come home to roost. Then they will try to make up for all the years of unimaginable pain and torture.

My mother is a shadow of herself. That man (my father) almost finished her.

14. Temi

January 27, 2017 at 5:48 pm

Grey hair has taken over ehn now RMD wants to morph into Prince charming? Hahahha. Oh how the mighty have finally calmed the f#%#k down

15. o

January 27, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Omo see tea. See why you shouldn’t bring everything on SM??? If he had jejely told her in the privacy of their room, or written a letter to her, all these tea spillers won’t come and rain on his parade now

16. I love my husband

January 27, 2017 at 6:40 pm

women have really suffered. After RMD has used all his young age to sleep with other women, hes now old and grey and looking for wife that will stay with him. Shame on him.. African women forever suffering for men. So now that his libido has dropped, what does aunty jumobi want to use him for..lol

17. winf

January 27, 2017 at 6:59 pm

And who told you RMD is old? Check out his new movie & know he is still as strong as 45. JMD keep what is left Jare, after all Una no meet am tear rubber!

• Cocolette

January 27, 2017 at 9:29 pm

Lmao ? keep what is left???? I can’t with you commenters abeg!
      Now we know why Jumobi doesn’t want you to drag her into social media. Men disrespect their wives sha! Let’s just hope that RMD has changed sincerely so that Jumobi can truly enjoy the dregs left at the bottom of the cup in peace.

18. NG

January 27, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Now I know he had been breaking her heart by cheating on her and exposing to pity and even scorn of frenemies. Bad of you RMD for reporting ya self like this

19. Spunky

January 27, 2017 at 11:18 pm

Y’all spill hot tea or coffee all you want. They are probably cuddled up in bed and entertaining themselves with unu oversabi comments.

20. Juli

January 28, 2017 at 4:27 am

There won’t be forgiveness if there was no sins. Anyone without sin raise up your hands

21. Ade

January 29, 2017 at 9:01 am

Belated birthday wishes to Madam. I could not relate this picture to the resemblance of the Jumobi, that inspired me while growing up, shining black skin , big beautiful set of teeth and full of promises, I respected her decision to give up the screen for her marriage, but realising that it possibly does not worth the sacrifice made hurts.
    I was abused as a child in many Ways except sexually and the television, radio and music was all I had, Jumobi did not give alot but in her little way I was very inspired by her, she kept me alive, while growing up with an abusive Mother , today I am on television too as a presenter. Brings me to wonder how many other lives she has touched, saved and inspired, so giving up all these for just one Man only to be so disrespected and humilaited by the same Man.
    For me it IS one problem that certain person has seen the penis of my man and can probably draw it . 2 . that MY man had unprotected sex with another woman is a higher level of disrespect to me. 3. That in that journey of two options (a) withdraw! Ejaculate outside. (b) Ejaculate inside . He choses the (b) option , that is another higher, higher level of disrespect, 4)To bring me back to the public even on social media against my decision no matter the reason is a total lack of respect. This is a very wrong move except they both are planning for her to be public again. For Me the watch word is RESPECT.
    There IS no reason for anybody to co-exist without respect, no matter who, a child, a mad man, even the dead requires the foundation of respect to function right in any type of relationship, and this goes a long way, it does not mean there will be no problems in the relationship but it means the problems and solutions will come with a sign of respect,so we can fight but with respect, we can insult but with respect we can betray but with a bit of respect we can even hate but with respect. Never mistake pity for respect and if You realise the lack of respect In your relationship the earlier You let go the better You begin to feel.
    Today a woman would sacrifice all her abilities, potentials and future to be with a man and the man would sacrifice nothing, no body should make such a demand Form any one, what is life without Happiness, marriage can not guarantee Happiness it IS only You who can make You happy and if You find Happiness in another then, lucky You! Remember that bible story tells that a woman unders a man like they say, is a curse after the fall, GOD cursed the woman not to be able to utilise her potentials, and be placed under a man. A curse hinders ones ability to be who they were created to be. But Thank GOD for Forgivness , Grace and Redemption the Blood of Jesus is the sacrifice that has washed us clean from the curse but again willingly, of our own free will we have to chose just as man made a choice to eat the forbidden fruit, to step out of the curse and accept the Blood Ritual that sets Us free. A man who cannot stand the success or Glory OF a woman is also operating under the curse, it takes freedom for a man to be Loved by a woman for What and not Who He IS.

• Josephine