Scoop

Do You Agree with Reno Omokri? He says “Teach your daughters to keep their virginity until marriage. Even on products it’s written ‘do not purchase if seal is broken”

BellaNaija.com

After sharing some #RenoNuggets, Reno Omokri has been trending on Twitter.

The broadcaster shared his thoughts about marriage and virginity. He first tweeted about how women should be virgins until birth and the tweet caused an uproar on Twitter.

He later added that he stands by his tweets, saying that BOTH men and women should be virgins when they marry.

He said “And teach your sons that they do not need to prove their manhood by sleeping with many women. The best proof of manhood is to apply Godly principles and excel in life above many men. And remember that behind every successful man there is a woman, but beside every great man there is a woman. Women belong beside men, not behind them. #RenosNuggets”

Do you agree with him?

See his tweets below.

1. john

February 15, 2017 at 7:44 pm

100% agreed even though I know it wont go down well with the use and dump, cheap women turned online feminist

• A Real Nigerian

February 15, 2017 at 8:13 pm

You’re lame and your schtick is unfunny and overused,

• LemmeRant

February 15, 2017 at 10:28 pm

Its obvious a lot of y’all didn’t read the article.
      He addressed both men and women.
      BN baited you and you fell for it.

• Chico

February 15, 2017 at 11:02 pm

@ – John , you wouldn’t recognise a hymen if it b-slapped u into a coma. You think say E get meter? Or maybe u think say it really get silver seal at the entrance . HUMMM I no fit laugh . Na so one asahwo go use limestone deceive your lame ass. LMAO -!!!! Continue to train your thing you hear use am carry 5kg weight to prepare am to bulldoze concrete hymen seal LMAO. Make we for no say you be man LMAO.

2. Ariel

February 15, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Misogynist piece of crap! Women are now products to be purchased right? Who the hell raised these men? Antiquated, outdated crap! Instead of people to live thier lives as it is, you will be grooming them for marriage and virginity like thats the most important thing or even an important thing at all. Virginity is not a thing, it is just a state of inexperience! It says nothing more or less about a person. I wish marriage was about keeping virginity. My mum would have a great marriage and not the hell hole she drowned herself in . Nigerians and their focus on irrelevances. Hymen that I shattered myself at age 12 while trying on a tampon somebody would be thinking its Gold or it indicates . Misttchhhewww!

• Bimbo

February 15, 2017 at 8:07 pm

What have we done with virginity? How has it advanced us ? Has virginity built a car or won a Nobel prize ? Let’s teach our women to excel instead of pricing their hymens over their brains ! Every woman has a hymen but how many women have won a literary prize or done groundbreaking research or created dome thing that has benefitted humanity !

• A Real Nigerian

February 15, 2017 at 8:14 pm

??????

3. Dunni

February 15, 2017 at 7:59 pm

I agree…with or without sex a guy that would stay will and that that would leave will. It’s just self moral at the end of the day.

4. Ajala & Foodie

February 15, 2017 at 8:06 pm

Who are those guilty of assisting in the lose of this “virginity”??? We (worldwide) need to stop this phenomenon of asking that we speak to our daughters, like it does not take 2. Or are we trying to insinuate the “seal” does not matter in a man? And if that’s the case, who are these men supposed to break the supposed “seal” with??
    I am not an advocate of pre marital sex, neither do I think it is my place to judge those that do not agree with my point of view but abstinence is a 2 way street. My spouse and I chose to wait till marriage but I could not have done it if he was not on board 110% and the same goes for him, as we were but very tempted and took one of us at different points calling a halt to things (for the purpose of full disclosure, yes, we indulged in some heavy petting but that was what worked for us). My point is it takes 2 i.e we need to speak with our sons as well as our daughters.

• mimi

February 15, 2017 at 8:26 pm

well, he said sons and daughters, ‘men and women should be virgins until marriage’. Just wanted to point that out to you and other peeps above who seemed to have only read the headline.

• Ajala & Foodie

February 15, 2017 at 10:55 pm

@ Mimi, I did read the article, let me point out that he wrote “teach your sons not to prove manhood by sleeping with MANY women”. So is it ok to sleep with a couple. He only addressed men keeping their virginity as an afterthought or at least that was what I deduced. Why could he not have written we should teach our kids not to break “the seal”? No he was particular about the address to what daughters vs what sons should be taught.

• mimi

February 15, 2017 at 11:20 pm

@Ajala & Foodie, your analysis of the man’s written opinion though, such deep dissection. what if by ‘many’ he meant keeping off all? what if your deduction of his address to men as an afterthought is wrong?. Not everything should be reduced to men vs women. I sincerely think the man covered ‘kids’ but we just want to bring out the nonexistent division. I’ve read this article over and over again, I still don’t see his bias. Let’s be able to view others opinion without starting another round of ‘battleofthesexes’.

5. Ade

February 15, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Virginity and purity are two totally different things. The seal may be unbroken while the body and mind might have undergone all form of sexual stimulation bar penetration. Without purity, virginity is only a name tag.

Men should also strive to be pure pre and post marriage. Stay with your wives at home, the only person you can experience peace of mind with after sex is your wife. Honour your wife with your body, respect her by living a life of self discipline. Dont turn her to a private investigator that need to monitor everything about you. Give her the peace of mind that comes with her knowing that my husband is faithful, this is worth more than a million dollars.

6. Btfl

February 15, 2017 at 8:30 pm

And what will you teach your sons? Pre-marital sex involved two people male & female (most times). This whole women keep your virginity story, are women sleeping with themselves?!

• mimi

February 15, 2017 at 9:53 pm

did you even read the post?

7. omalicha

February 15, 2017 at 8:45 pm

……….And teach your sons to abstain from sex before marriage. Also teach your daughters that they can show their womanhood by excelling in life above other women. Everyone has an equal opportunity to excellence and greatness in life (i mean both genders). And as for marriage, there is no doubt that beside every great man is a great woman who supports her husband daily and didnt sweep her life purpose and goals under the mat. In the end, every gender should support one another and have a fair shot at excelling in life

8. Anon

February 15, 2017 at 9:03 pm

I’m 47 I got married a virgin at 22. A good little wife doing her husbands bidding a and bowing to in laws. I never enjoyed sex until my late thirties when I learnt about my pleasure spots. By that time diabetes done turn Oga junk to jelly. If I could get my time over again I would enjoy my sexuality safely. Using condoms to prevent disease and pregnancy. I have 2 very beautiful and intelligent daughters as far as I’m concerned it is their choice no pressure from me for them to remain virgin. It means absolutely Notting. The best time to enjoy your sexuality is when the hormones are coordinated,everything is juicy and running smoothly, not when menopause begin dry areas out and diabetes turn prick to limp dick. I don’t care about silly seal of approval, no medal for that YEYEFOWL seal. Marriage is more than the state of your prick or Vajayjay. It is MIND, BODY, SOUL, SHARED VISION, and MATURITY.In addition virginity doesn’t equate good person as I mentioned earlier I was a virgin on my wedding night when I look back at myself I was a naive, silly little air head. I thought the gift of virginity would open doors of favour for me boy was I wrong. Marriage was a shock and it took a while but I slowly began to discover my personality.

• Mohammad

February 16, 2017 at 3:19 am

Oga’s junk turning to jelly must have pain you gan-an! ?

9. Fabulous

February 15, 2017 at 9:39 pm

I 100% agree with him.

10. Janet

February 15, 2017 at 9:49 pm

I used to respect this guy, I am greatly disappointed at his depth of sexism. Women compared to sealed product? Such an ignoramus!! Jeeezzzz!!!

11. truth

February 15, 2017 at 9:52 pm

reno while parents are teaching that to their daughters, let them teach their sons the same.

• mimi

February 15, 2017 at 10:00 pm

i give up!

• A Real Nigerian

February 15, 2017 at 10:42 pm

?? are you just noticing that a significant number of BN readers don’t actually read the articles?

• mimi

February 15, 2017 at 11:23 pm

@A Real Nigerian, honestly, i was beginning to worry and wonder, if there’s something wrong with the connection between my eyes and my brain.

12. Me

February 16, 2017 at 12:14 am

and what do you do when you marry a man as a virgin, and he goes on to sleep around and give you STDs? I do agree with the virginity thing, but many men are not worth it.

13. Lolarae

February 16, 2017 at 3:19 am

LET US ALL REMEMBER THAT RENO THAT IS TELLING US TO KEEP VAGINA VIRGIN HAS BEEN NOTORIOUS FOR SLEEPING WITH MEN MAYBE HE SHOULD KEEP HIS ASSHOLE TIGHT FIRST

14. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

February 16, 2017 at 10:42 am

@Lolarae, how are you so sure that Reno Omokri is a gay man?

If he is, he should talk about homosexuality then.

So that we can understand homosexuality from his perspective.

This issue of virginity. People in the church would say it is in the bible. And abstain from fornication is in the bible.

Growing up, virginity wasn’t taught.

You just know if you have sex with a guy, your “ogbe” people would know because “ma guys” discuss their sexual escapades too much.

Then you are looked at as a harlot.

Maybe getting married would be difficult for you. Because “ma guys” would be the same people that will marry chicks.

15. XO

February 16, 2017 at 11:06 am

pls cash your respect at your favourite bank.. the guy gave a balanced OPINION!