News

EFCC uncovers $37.5m Banana Island Property allegedly belonging to Diezani Alison-Madueke

BellaNaija.com

Diezani Alison-Madueke

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said it has uncovered a $37.5m mansion in Banana Island in the course of investigation of the former minister of Petroleum Resources, Deziani Alison-Madueke.

The EFCC said that the mansion, allegedly belonging to the former minister, was acquired through a shell company – Rusimpex Limited – under the control of one Afamefuna Nwokedi of Stillwaters law firm, in Lagos.

The property Building 3, Block B, is a 15-storey edifice comprising of 18 flats and 6 penthouses, Bella Vista at Plot 1, Zone N, Federal Government Layout, Banana Island Layout, Foreshore Estate, Off Onikoyi Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.

It said that the minister acquired the property between 2011 and 2012 from the developers, YF Construction Development and Real Estate.

1. Ade

February 12, 2017 at 1:01 pm

You didn’t know when you are Splashing out, You say that the Naira is Crashing now

CHORUS

Excuse me I beg your pardon, this your story e no dey add up, this your Fabu e dey mad gon, But.. Who am I to take a h’action?
    So I say Wehdone Sir x4
    Tell am say Wehdone Sir x4
    Tell am say Wehdone Sir x4
    So I say Wehdone sir x4

• Ottawa Queen

February 13, 2017 at 3:45 am

Story, story, story!! Everyday we get to read on the news about properties and monies being confiscated by the EFCC from some said corrupt individuals. My questions is, how come these so called thieves aint locked up, as in face trial and jailed for real. All we get to hear is they have been granted bail and case is closed! They end up going scot-free. EFCC you are corrupt as well. You also enjoy some of these stolen funds, dem give you, you chop, you clean mouth & smile. And one will wonder why the EFCC is working so hard, round the clock fishing these people out, all because of their own selfish interests!

2. Ogbuefi

February 12, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Seen. Enough of this crap. We need to strengthen our institutions and not go after people. Our public institutions are all corrupt. Where is your ex-boss; Larmode? e no buy manison abi no keep money inside bunker….like Ade, I will say #wehdone sir.

• tunmi

February 12, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Are you well?

• Ade

February 12, 2017 at 2:09 pm

He is not well. People like him do not have their own ideas, they only post what they see on Facebook.

• Ogbuefi

February 12, 2017 at 10:05 pm

I am very much well. Even if a fresh graduates enters public service tomorrow, he/she is bound “”to join them””. because he/she can’t “”beat them””. Take it or leave, most of our institutions are corruption ridden, how many people will you imprison? Ministers will come and go but corruption will remain in the ministries and public service. I am 100% against corrupt individuals but our system stimulates and encourages corrupt act. Multiple FOREX rates for instance. You all prove me wrong….. I stand to be corrected.

• A Real Nigerian

February 12, 2017 at 1:39 pm

“Seen. Enough of this crap. We need to strengthen our institutions and not go after people.”

How are you going to strenghten an institution led by corrupt people if you don’t go after said people and put them where they belong?

• Nakoms

February 12, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Gbam! Flawless logic!

• EE

February 12, 2017 at 5:51 pm

We live in a country where Edo girls, can’t really blame us for putting the cart before the horse.

3. Spunky

February 12, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Seeing these quoted figures can give someone a heart attack. How do you people use to do it?! Na wah Ooo…no be small wah!

4. keke driver

February 12, 2017 at 1:52 pm

The God that will punish ALL you greedy politicians will start from here on earth, we vote you guys into public offices and you guys go there and steal millions of dollars?? Imagine if Delta state had a functional hospital I guess Eric would still be here….For every child or adult that has lost His/Her life because of your loot, God will take EVERYTHING you care for one by one, you will loose EVERYTHING!!!!! EVERYTHING!!! Thieves #EnoughIsEnough

5. Jade Edo babe

February 12, 2017 at 1:59 pm

This woman just took all the petroleum revenues into her own personal bank account. We’ve had some of the largest embezzlement under Abacha and northern leaders. But Jonathan’s own should not be underestimated. I’m even more upset that he couldn’t develop Bayelsa. That’s one thing I like about Yoruba people sometimes whether stolen money or not, they try to develop Yoruba states by building schools here and there. But bayelsa is too poor. The roads are just terrible.
    The missing $20 billion makes sense now. It was distributed among these people.
    This woman should go to jail, if it’s truly about justice. It’s no longer APC vs PDP.
    The truth is, the entertainment industry was booming bcos people were receiving money right left and center. Mistresses to government officials became millionaires.
    Money was flowing easily under Jonathan.

6. Ade

February 12, 2017 at 2:22 pm

They told us foreign investors were the one buying all the properties in Banana Island, Lekki and Ikoyi, but why is the real estate business in those areas slowing down at an alarming rate? At least the low Naira against the dollar, should even drive the “foreign investors” to buy more since they can invest relatively low amount of dollars to buy the choice properties now.

Private jets and luxury cars everywhere yet no once could point to their source of income. Why are the so called Nollywood Stars flaunting their Dubai trips and luxury cars to our faces complaining bitterly? At least, they told us they made millions from movies and boutique business. Are they not making movies or running the clothing business again?

This recession will bring all of us back to our real level.

• LemmeRant

February 12, 2017 at 2:40 pm

This guy.

I’m reading your comment and just can’t help but laugh. Especially the Nollywood actresses part.

1000 likes for you

7. nene+

February 12, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Una never tire for this woman? Get all the freaking stolen wealth from her but don’t forget to go after her likes like Senator Daisy Danjuma, Alakija, Indimis wives,Titi Atiku Abubarkar, Maryam Abacha, Remi Tinubu….

Call nene+ names I don’t really care.

• Ade

February 12, 2017 at 2:36 pm

I have told you repeatedly that the whistle blower act is specifically designed for people like you who know the location of our stolen money. So please do your job as a good citizen. Secondly, PMB informed all of you that his corruption fight starts form the last dispensation even before he was elected, so I don’t understand your constant rhetorics, it’s becoming dull, non interesting and tedious.

If you get robbed, please tell the police not to recover your money until all previous unresolved cases are solved.

• dhoney

February 13, 2017 at 6:33 am

@Ade, man I tire for Nigerians…e be like say some of na plank dey for their brains..!

• NnaNna

February 12, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Nene…Enough of the bs….We have to start somewhere…Buhari clearly stated he would concentrate on past previous adminstration..when his out of office let the incoming admin probe his..U’re talking abt Danjuma et al…ppl.whp stole over 3 decades ago like u dont no Nigeria dont keep records…Now is time to make a statement , strengthen institutions to curb corruption otherwise there will be no Nigeria on our own time

• nene+

February 12, 2017 at 4:38 pm

when his out of office let the incoming admin probe his..U’re talking abt Danjuma et al…ppl.whp stole over 3 [email protected] nnanna listen to your self. So each administration should keep fighting opponents and thus we will eternaly have a divided country? If na juju e no go work for u! Equity and fairness is what I ask for. So we should congratulate old thieves? Oga hear ya bs!

8. nene+

February 12, 2017 at 2:26 pm

@Ade my friend Omokori Jide is from Kogi state. He is not from the states of the sacred cows ?!

• nene+

February 12, 2017 at 2:47 pm

**Ade my friend, Jide Omokori is from Kogi state. Just so you know. Happy sunday you all!

• Anonymous

February 12, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Nene, something is definitely wrong with you. Just tell yourself the truth sometime’s and forget for once that it is not about PDP and APC

• nene+

February 12, 2017 at 4:29 pm

@ all attacking nene but he blames 16 “yaars” of pdp? Remind me if Amaechi and people who bankrolled him were not part of the last administration? #unamumuneverdo?

• nene+

February 12, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Madam anonymous at least get a name! Hiding is corruption!

• Anon

February 12, 2017 at 7:35 pm

nene+ is always passionate when it comes to Diezani. I always read your posts where she is concerned and I have a feeling you are a family member of hers.

BTW, we are all anonymous people here whether you are nene, nene+, Ade, Anonymous, Anon etc. The only person I believe who uses her name is Ifeyinwa Atuanya (she revealed herself on the post about her cousin, the basketball star Nneka Ogwumike.)

9. Victor Adegoke

February 12, 2017 at 2:30 pm

A lot of money was siphoned under GEJ. My opinion is that,i hope the recovered loot will be used judiciously for the people under Buhari.

• Ade

February 12, 2017 at 2:38 pm

We will also demand justice if the money is not used appropraitely.

• nene+

February 12, 2017 at 3:24 pm

We will demand justice if the money is not used appropriately- but you don’t even comment when you see their excesses e.g. , how am I sure you’ll have the nerve to demand? You were silent when I demanded for the presidents overseas medical bills. Did you not avoid the thread?

10. Somto

February 12, 2017 at 3:15 pm

Until we start stoning these destiny killers that are mortgaging our futures and that of our children these greedy bastards will never stop raping us,our children and children’s children. Enough with these greedy embezzling bastards, stone them and their families to death it will serve as a deterrent to the rest. Haba what is all dis sef. I’m sick and tired of these pigs. RUBBISH MSCHEWWW

• LemmeRant

February 12, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Naaaaaahhhhh…………….

Nigerians will rather stone and burn the church rat who stole N50 in the market

11. Ade

February 12, 2017 at 3:42 pm

@nene + With this your comment, I can conclude you are monitoring me on Bella naija. I smell obsession or infatuation.

• dhoney

February 13, 2017 at 6:46 am

@Ade u forgot that these thieves have family too. Nene maybe a part of such families. Look at Eric, that young died probably from a preventable illness but cos of lack of good medical facilities. I cant just imagine the effect of this departure on that young family. And this beautiful thief with plenty of stolen dollars ran to UK to get treatment..madam u wont come back as a whole and your children will not be spared too. Onyiara.!

12. lily

February 12, 2017 at 3:59 pm

90% if homes in banana Island was acquired by corrupt or 419 means, so this is no need. Most of these homes there were acquired through stolen money of the citizens of Nigeria and that’s a fact. The only people I respect who live on BI is a handful genuine business men. The rest are all born thieves

• AceOfSpades

February 13, 2017 at 1:33 am

I know a senator’s son and his friend who live in a 25m a year apartment in Banana Island. They are even barely 30.

I don’t think the percentage of people who make such money in a year is much. If I talk, they’ll say I’m beefing so I just ooooooh and ahhhhhhh and awwwwww when I get to the apartment.

Ikoyi is filled with old but unclean money.

13. lily

February 12, 2017 at 4:00 pm

This is no *news*

14. Tee

February 13, 2017 at 3:54 am

Beautiful thief, chai. And this one na mother, hmmmm. Your children need to do charity work for Uganda abi Cambodia to see the worth of a woman and what it takes to be a mother since shame no go gree them volunteer for Naija. Shiorrr

15. Joke

February 13, 2017 at 6:40 am

Someone like her would steal. She’s a product of suffering while schooling in America. When she was at Howard, she couldn’t even pay her school fees after sometime and had to drop out and you put her in the belly of the beast that produces milk and honey. Infact, I’m surprised she didn’t do more. I remember when she was in power, she would come to Howard to “inspire” but really just to show off that she couldn’t believe how generous life was being to her.

16. fred

February 13, 2017 at 7:29 am

Where is buhari? No distractions.

17. Prince

February 13, 2017 at 12:07 pm

It can never be well with this woman if this story is true. Nigerians are suffering now because of their actions. GEJ destroys this country, no matter the amount of awards to received. He is a great disappointed