Connect with us

News

Mother Accidentally Kills her Son after giving him Kerosene Instead of Water!

Published

 on

Isreal Buhari

Mother and locally hired kerosene retailer, Ata Buhari responded to the cry of her thirst baby with the content of a plastic beverage bottle laying in her store. This, unfortunately, led to the death of her only son.

This incident happened last Tuesday, at about 10 am, at Iguma Street, Off Medical Stores Road in Benin, Edo State when 18-months-old Isreal Buhari complained to his mother that he was thirsty.

According to reports, Ata Buhari mistook the plastic bottle containing kerosene for an identical bottle that had water and she fed her son Isreal with the content. After his first gulp, Isreal was said to have immediately spat out the remaining kerosene from his mouth, calling the attention of his mother.

With the aid of their neighbors, some palm oil was immediately given to Isreal before he was rushed to a hospital, where he died a few hours later.

The father of the child Hassan Buhari, 36, also from Kogi State, was said to have been called to the hospital where he met the corpse of his only son.

Source: Nigerianobservernews

12 Comments

  1. Ewa

    February 18, 2017 at 10:41 am

    Chai!!!!!

    • Fleur

      February 19, 2017 at 3:10 pm

      I don’t even know how this mom will recover

  2. Thelma

    February 18, 2017 at 10:55 am

    Why do I think it’s not just pure kerosene that was in that bottle? I’ve heard of people drinking pure kerosene as children, even as adults and nothing happened. These days kerosene sellers mix all sorts of chemicals in kerosene to increase volume. R.I.P. to the little boy

  3. Cee

    February 18, 2017 at 11:08 am

    Is kerosene in Nigeria now odourless, I really find this story hard to believe. May the boys soul rest in peace.

    • AdaAda

      February 18, 2017 at 11:22 am

      I thought the very same thing .didnt she smell the content?

  4. Elyon

    February 18, 2017 at 11:38 am

    Ewu Chimo!

  5. Kai

    February 18, 2017 at 11:40 am

    See….Drinking kerosene won’t kill a child under normal circumstances. However, giving palm oil (most likely to induce vomiting) will only lead to complications, because as the kerosene is forced back out through the mouth, the toxic fumes can get into the lungs and other organs and cause breathing problems.

    In cases like this maybe drinking milk and rushing to a GOOD hospital is the best course of action. Drinking kerosene does not kill

  6. Victor Adegoke

    February 18, 2017 at 4:55 pm

    This is tragic! I pray that God will console his Parents.

  7. mee

    February 18, 2017 at 5:17 pm

    This once happened to me but not as tragic, I poured kerosene into my pot of stew, thinking it was vegetable oil..

  8. Yummychickcummummy

    February 19, 2017 at 10:13 am

    This is where either carelessness or supernatural comes in place! Rip to the little angel

  9. appy

    February 19, 2017 at 10:59 am

    Really Victor Adegoke,pls stop! it is tiring to read your one line comments and 10lines of advert. i know u customized it and you usually drop the lines because of the advert but it has reached saturation sfage May your hustle pay but stop tormenting us.

  10. amaria

    February 19, 2017 at 5:37 pm

    Drinking kerosene is not as deadly as all the interventions we do to try and neutralise it. The whole stress of trying to get them vomit it and drink palm oil quickly causes aspiration pneumonitis which kills the child much faster than the kerosene ingestion itself. Such a sad story

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Tangerine Africa
css.php