Scoop

“No one wants to beg, na condition happen and a closed mouth will not be fed” – Toke Makinwa Speaks on #IStandWithNigeria

Media Personality Toke Makinwa took to her Instagram to let people know what they talked about on her radio show recently. She said the show was all bout the movement #IStandWithNigeria and she let people know where she stands.

She Said:

“My radio show today was dedicated to #istandwithnigeria we opened the phone lines and you don’t even know half of the struggle and lamentations people have to share. Everyone is affected, No light, the cost of everything has gone up, people suffering in silence because they are tired of complaining with no one to hear them. The education system is bleeding, graduates looking for jobs, even those still in school are on Social media looking for hand outs to pay their fees or buy their books. No one wants to beg, na condition happen and a closed mouth will not be fed. Yet, for how long? it is a sad state. Who do we cry to? The rate of crime has increased no one is safe. How did we get here, where do we go from here? We pray and pray and hope just like the children of Israel that a promise will come. Yet each time we think we’ve seen the messiah, it feels like a pointless chase again. Our dreams are dashed again! God save Nigeria, God help us to BECOME?”

1. No one wants to beg, na condition happen and a closed mouth will not be fed……….touching

• Anyam

February 7, 2017 at 7:20 pm

America was the main country to sell Buhari to Nigeria. Look up David Axelrod. Amaechi and all paid the hundreds of thousands of dollars for his media company (the same one that helped Obama win against the Clinton Machine in 2008), to represent Buhari. They came up with the CHANGE slogan (how original, right?) Those buffons Debola Williams and Chude Jideowo were only lower-level media company. But the story sounded sweeter to say that a local media company was what helped APC. Also, looted money, Alxelrod has a strong connection to Obama in all minds of Americans and Nigerians who were in the diaspora during 2008 elections.

When you see it this way, you start to understand that Michelle Obama carrying the “Bring Back Our Girls” placard was a ploy to discredit GEJ’s presidency. The U.S. refusing to sell arms to Jonathan’s government at that same time, to paint him as a weak government. We Africans, since then anytime something happens, we start doing #bringback… hashtag and slogan. But we don’t understand the media and marketing MACHINE that really made the original chibok bring-bag slogan go viral. It was politically driven.

That is why I think Obama is a dishonest rat (I campaigned for him then o). And I am very happy that Russia did to America, what America did to Nigeria. Both now stuck with uneducated buffons. At least America cannot get on any high horse to criticize African governments. But their economy is still strong, and that is where Chude Jideowo, Debola WIlliams, and David Axelrod really destroyed things.

TL;DR — myt friends, greed is bad. It is also universal, from Nigeria to the U-S-A.

• seriously

February 8, 2017 at 12:14 am

@Anyam
      Who – cares man. U.S is a developed country that provides basic necessities. Whatever corruption they do, it doesn’t fully get in the way to do something for their country. They will watch their country go into shambles.
      What has Nigeria got? I don’t care about dirty politics because every politician plays game but just do your freaking job. Did Jonathan provide more jobs, did he build infrastructure? or the healthcare system became better. Or was it only a certain sector like the entertainment and family/friends that were truly enjoying during his administration. Now Buhari drove the country into deep shithole.
      The question is, how to move Nigeria forward?

• Anyam

February 8, 2017 at 10:01 am

@seriously

Pls read my post properly and to the end before responding. It seems you didn’t. If you do, then have a coherent question or comment, I will be happy to respond. P.S. All this “who cares”, e.g. “who cares about Buhari’s military dictatorship past? is why we are in this mess in the first place. Thanks!

2. Xristybabes

February 7, 2017 at 12:47 pm

1 realm of A4 paper from #600 to #1,500 as purchased yesterday
    cartridge from #6,500 to N18,000,i had to refill because i cant afford it

No salary payment after struggling to borrow transport from all friends/families to come to work

which one we go count?which one we go leave…….itz only God that can restore all this.#IStandWithNigeria

3. Princess Dolapo

February 7, 2017 at 1:12 pm

BN what kind of favouritism are you shoving down our throats.?? Everyone is talking about this, not just former Mrs Ayida. The way you guys constantly post about her is actually very annoying, and very narrow-minded. If you aren’t a fan….even if you don’t hate her, you end up trying to force her on us.
    I used to love how you covered different celebrities in the past, but I think your writers are ‘becoming’ lazy now.
    I hope she’s paying you for this btw

• Ajayi Oluwabukola

February 8, 2017 at 10:16 am

Wht kind of favouritism is that? Like it or not @tokemakinwa is a trending professional celebrity. She is famous for being famous she is a broadcaster both on radio, TV and her blog, so y wnt BN talk about her?

4. Spunky

February 7, 2017 at 1:13 pm

I like making sandwich but the price of sardines is way too high. I don’t know how we survive in all these Chaos and lack of direction…God is still God.

5. Arin

February 7, 2017 at 1:24 pm

In the meantime, we need more guys like Adepeju Olukokun (@iamkokun) to get out there on the streets and do something. That guy and his team are doing wonders!

• tunmi

February 7, 2017 at 2:44 pm

So exactly what is affordable?

6. I love my husband

February 7, 2017 at 1:25 pm

I box of huggies diaper from 9000 to 16000..I jejely switched to MOLFIX diaper for my second child, is it not just to wipe poop and throw away..abeg I cannot come and kill myself…and God bless my cute son, he did not react to it, even if he did, sheabutter would have solved the problem..lol…me cannot buy huggies again…that is just one of many..#istandwithnigeria

• Dentale

February 8, 2017 at 10:00 am

Lol! I can relate. I did the same recently. Molfix is just as good IMO. I also had to switch from Frisocrem when the price almost doubled over the last few months. Honestly, this country is frustrating… I cannot even stand.

7. Sass

February 7, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Wait oh, is it not Toke that was schmoozing, hobnobbing on Private jet to visit Rivers state with Debo Williams and Rotimi Williams?

Was It not their clique that sold this Buhari scam to Nigerians again?

• cleo

February 7, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Well she was.
      Now she is seeing things are not going on well , hence the need to voice out. I love that she is using her platform to shout for the change she once campaigned for.

• Seriously

February 7, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Geez, give this girl a break. At least she’s speaking up. If she didn’t speak up, people will still find a way to bash her. She can easily be conceited and act like she’s above it just bcos her book is selling and she’s not struggling as much as other Nigerians.
      Enough of who sold Buhari. Nigerians wanted a desperate change and voted for him. It’s not working as expected, what do you do from here should be the focus.

• Iris

February 7, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Ok so she did. Now she has seen her faith was ill-placed and she has changed her mind. Let’s say Iya Festus has disappointed you consistently for two months with her watery and tasteless stew. Iya Basira opens next door with extra tatashe and lower prices. You switch over to her. One month later you find out that not only are her prices going up, the quality of her stew is poor and she also pees inside her soups so she can jazz people. You sharply look for a new vendor. It is the same concept.
      I hope you understand a little better. I’m tired of this argument levelled against Buhari voters and yet I had misgivings about him from the go. It isn’t like we threw away a good president for Buhari. People voted based on what they believed to be change. It was exactly the same reason that people voted GEJ in when he was just the acting president. Is it not better that they’ve changed their minds and publicly admitted it? If they keep quiet or continue to support Buhari they will still be criticized for it. Haba!

• Ivy Nils

February 7, 2017 at 4:21 pm

At least she is SPEAKING UP, she probably was deceived like most nigerians, she has realized and has stood up to be heard.

More grease Toke God bless you, “No one wants to beg, na condition happen and a closed mouth will not be fed.” so true the begging level is unpaired.

CELEBRATIES please SPEAK UP!! SPEAK UP!!!SPEAK UP!!!! thats the least you can do WE YOUR FANS NEED YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER PLEASE SPEAK UP ITS NEVER TOO LATE.

8. Rose

February 7, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Did she just plug her book at the end of that statement? LOL

• King Bae

February 7, 2017 at 3:09 pm

I peeped that… smh.. vain child.

9. PlsHelp

February 7, 2017 at 3:10 pm

I know this is off but Pls,I need help!
    Its been hell living in our rented apartment.The owners of the house live upstairs while we live in one of the flats downstairs.We pay for everything they ask us to….But we don’t have peace.Their big generator is very close to our window and it generates so much heat at night,we spoke to them about it but they never shifted it.No water connection in our flat,no p…we fixed it,renovated the bathroom and entire house (with their permission oo and no plan to refund us).We have been using this for a while now with no complain from them whatsoever,we are surprised to find out yesterday that the pipe we bought with our money and used to connect water ,was cut and sealed so that we don’t get supply of water again.I’m tired! I can’t even write the numerous things they do to us….the other tenant moved out some weeks ago..its just us downstairs now.
    BNers,pls help me out….I’m loosing it already.Though we are peace loving people but this maltreatment has to end.
    Pls,I need you to advise me on how to tackle these issues

• Sultana

February 7, 2017 at 4:12 pm

You can get your lawyer to write detailing all the issues and asking for redress within a stated period say two weeks to one month failing which you’ll be forced to resort to legal action. If in Lagos and unable to afford a lawyer. Visit the office of public advice. No 15 IPM road,ereke house. Opp secretariat alausa Lagos.

• skyhigh

February 7, 2017 at 6:34 pm

i think you should wait till you get money and move out the money and time you’ll use for lawyer may get you one room somewhere else

10. PlsHelp

February 7, 2017 at 5:17 pm

@Sultana…..Yes,I’m in Lagos and I hope to get a speedy help when I visit there.Thank you very much!

11. Lolarae

February 7, 2017 at 5:28 pm

Debola Williams and Chude are fraudulent pair
    They are not youth leaders

12. Marks

February 7, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Seriously There cant be enough of who sold Buhari because most of those rogues mentioned from the small fries like Debola Williams to the big fishes like Thiefnubu (I keep asking, who kill Funsho Williams) knew what they were doing.They sold him to gullible Nigerians for their own selfish interests. If we don’t criminalize wicked sales like that of Buhari, more will join the fray and will continue to fool Nigerians-Nigerians are overtly emotive and unreflective lot plus the herd mentality thrives here. Many feel timid to take positions that seem unpopular, many want to be linked to what seem ‘cool’ .Debola, Chude, Omojuwa and other 419, big English speaking youths are seriously enjoying their romance with govt officials now, many dumb Nigerians that fell for their wickedness have lost their jobs, have salaries slashed, stuggling with their businesses and you want people to stop talking about those rogues. Infact, we have the highest marginal propensity to take nonsense ever, if it was in other climes, those rogues will be dealt with before politicians are dealt with.

13. PlsHelp

February 7, 2017 at 7:20 pm

@skyhigh,thanks alot!One room won’t be enough for us….On the other hand,I just want them to feel a little pain