News

42-year Old Man Arrested for Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Teenager | Claims he had Paid N80,000 to her Parents for Wedding Preparations

The suspect, Lucky Emmanuel. Photo Credit: PUNCH

A 42 year old man Lucky Emmanuel has been arrested for allegedly assaulting a 13-year old girl sexually, PUNCH reports.

The victim, who is a Junior Secondary School One pupil in the Ajagbandi area of Lagos state is said to be pregnant.

The suspect who confirmed that he had sexual relations with the girl said they were dating and her parents were aware, adding that he was planning to get married to her.

He said the girl’s school, upon discovery that she was pregnant, reported the case to the police.

“I have two children, but my wife and I are divorced. I don’t know the girl’s age, but she is more than 13. I met with her parents that I wanted to marry her and they agreed. We had started some traditional arrangements in preparation for the wedding and I had paid them about N80,000.

I was surprised yesterday (Tuesday) when her mother called me on the telephone to come. On getting there, she said somebody reported to the school authorities that her daughter was too young for marriage. That was why the school took it up.

The girl and I have been together for over eight months now. I had sex with her twice before she became pregnant,” Lucky said.

However, a police source said Lucky lured the victim who is plantain hawker and raped her. The source added that the victim’s mother denied knowing the suspect.

“The girl is 13-year-old. Her mother was here yesterday (Tuesday) and she said she did not know the suspect. She said the girl (was a plantain hawker) and the man was one of her customers. He just gave her N500 and raped her,” the source said.

The Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, who confirmed that the girl was pregnant, said the suspect would be charged to court after investigation.

Photo Credit: PUNCH

1. love

March 31, 2017 at 8:06 am

Wonders shall never end…….aren’t u ashamed of yourself saying her parents gave their consent to marry their 13yr old daughter all in the name of 80k, you even have the guts to say u only slept with her twice ….oh !y world! Men like u are meant to be in the zoo…oga should I remind u this girl is just 13, and u saying u have two kids,??? The spiritual slap that will locate u is on its way,I hope justice is served in this case and may God bless that school we need more of you guys in our marriage

2. Hotspice_yimu

March 31, 2017 at 9:03 am

you left your mates, left the thirty-something years old, left even the twenty-somethings, blatantly ignored the 18 and 19s and went for the pre-teen/ thriteen year old. i’m so upset right now. thank God i cant reach him cause it will mean murder. Not surprised he is divorced. maybe exwife saw stuff and ran before her kids are molested.

3. Bey

March 31, 2017 at 10:29 am

No wonder your wife ran for her dear life.
    Sick human being.

4. LemmeRant

March 31, 2017 at 10:59 am

I hope the parents are also arrested.

• jean17

March 31, 2017 at 11:37 am

I hope the parents are arrested too. I wish the parents of all under age children hawking are arrested, because they are a bunch of irresponsible people.

Very irritating bunch, they will bring children into this world to suffer, when it is clear that they can not afford them.

That is how my friend that got one small job like mine that pays a lil above 100k has turned bread winner over night. paying rent, paying school fees, dropping feeding money, right from out NYSC year.

Poor girl can not even get some things fro herself there are always something that needs to be sorted.

I hate poverty!!!

• jean17

March 31, 2017 at 11:52 am

Poor girl can not even afford to get some things for herself, there is always something that needs to be sorted.

5. molarah

March 31, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Disgusting. I hope the man is duly punished.

I also hope we noted the man’s name so we stop painting one specific tribe as having paedophilic tendencies. This is clearly a nation-wide problem.

6. Jade

March 31, 2017 at 12:48 pm

Disgusting to the highest level. This man is sickening. Out of all the eligible adults, you had sex with a 13 yr old and want to marry her? He desperately needs serious help. Throw him in jail.
    And the parent too. Wicked human beings.

7. Critique

March 31, 2017 at 1:26 pm

I hope the same punishment is metted to all those northerners taking teenage brides. Guys, this is disgusting!