News

“Fake rumors make you stronger” – Ex #BBNaija Housemate Gifty says after Photos of her Alleged Marriage Surface Online

Gifty, a Former housemate in the ongoing Big Brother Naija, has reacted to a statement by one Augustine Akumah who claimed to be a cousin to her husband, one David Sorochukwu Akumah.

Recall that BN had reported that Gifty was married to this same David, the CEO of Sodafaces Multimedia And Entertainment Company where she had been as an MD since 2009.

Gifty, in an Instagram post on Tuesday, described the statement as “FAKE news”.

She wrote:

Love makes you smile…HATE makes you famous..FAKE rumors  makes you stronger and BIGGER… PS: no matter what is said or written i will always be the HEAD in the GAME…… I AM GIFTY POWERS…that’s my name! #GODCANBLESSANYBODY #NEVERGIVEUP #ITSJUSTGOD

Augustine also shared photos from the wedding ceremony which was attended by former governor of Ebonyi state, Sam Egwu as shown in one of the numerous photos he released.

The photos were first published on Superiorlouis Blog where it was said that Augustine sent them along with the following post:

#GiftyBBN.. It’s appalling that you will never in your life be truthful even when you are caught in the act. JESUS!

I am Engr David Akumah’s Cousin who refused to be quiet even though my family members are mostly scholars and God fearing,…and wish not to meddle with things that will bring more disgrace to the family’s name…
but now I say Enough is Enough! Please Readers be aware

(TRUTH BE TOLD)
Gifty is Married to my Cousin David Sorochukwu Akumah AkA Sodafaces… a renowned Nollywood Director and Producer whom am not surprised that he decided to keep quiet over this matter till now because of his meek nature as a Quiet-Busy-Responsible man and had in the Past, vowed not to be associated with what ever Gifty is involved in because of scandals.

For the Records! My Cousin David never uploaded Gifty’s wedding pictures as an instrument in removing Gifty from BBN as accused, or to claim her further as his legally married wife,… rather what he did was to shut down Folders of upto 1000 copies of both Bachelors, Traditional and White wedding pictures of him and Gifty from his Facebook account, immediately after they had a problem that was not properly managed by the couple themselves about Gifty’s Cheating Life while still in his husband’s house.

It’s a Pity that Gifty is still a very big Liar, never truthful to her new Fans and will never be because that’s how her fake identified super model mother as she said in Pulse TV interview brought her up. Obviously you can’t give what you don’t have…Gifty was not morally brought up due to want of making it big with the mother by all means over the years.

Please Nigerians disregard whatever that comes out from that big fake liar’s mouth called Gifty because she cannot give what she does not have which is TRUTH. She was trained by a funny Mother who gave birth to over four children from different men inwhich all the children she have, never knew their father including the so called Gifty (#FACT).

Gifty… I decided to fight dirty through this piece of write up because you don’t know the disgrace you have robbed and brought upon Rev. Professor Akumah’s family which I belong to. You are a wife not some girlfriend of Mr2k or whatever he calls himself..and a point of advice to all men out there….please I beg of you try and find out a little info about any woman you are having an affair with because you may be sleeping with another man’s wife and thereby bringing a curse to yourself …don’t forget our traditions in Nigeria is still very strong to fight offenders…
…And for #BBN or #BBA…please make true identification findings about married people on your show before reducing our Nigerian morals to zero.

Gifty those pictures online you saw and decided to react with lies when the game is over was a 2014 mobile upload pictures you used your hand to upload through my Cousin’s phone when you guys were living together as husband and wife…obviously because you felt he had more Nollywood followers in FB than you and decided to use his platform unknowing to him of the wrong English expression you had attached to those posts of yours that turned against you..now he is undergoing a public disgrace and accusation from your likers that he wants to either use you to sale out as a brand or bring you down…Rubbish! Something he innocently knows nothing about and even does not know how to react to the blackmail because he is also a public figure.
I swear you get luck no be me dey marry you…seriously I for finish you in this your stupid online game.

In their wedding on 6th April 2014, our former Governor His Excellency Senator DR. SAM EGWU was in attendance alongside other important government dignitaries at Assemblies of God Church Odunukwe in Abakaliki followed by a grand wedding reception at WDC Hall in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (#VERIFY– Please you are free to ask your friends around Abakaliki because it was a huge wedding)

Gifty! that your Husband whom though do not want to change his mind in not bringing you back to his house after all his family’s persuasion to do so when your manipulative immoral mother came to his house at Asaba and took you away to Ghana simply because she asked for my cousin after one week of their white wedding to open a boutique for her (Gifty’s Mother) in a choice place in Lagos and he begged her to be allowed for sometime to enable him recoup from his just concluded wedding spendings which she vehemently refused and took you! her daughter away.

I can only say may God forgive you and your mother because to you people… traditional and white wedding is just like a one day bikini Party ..chaii..na moneyooo my cousin take use package such wedding no be Paperooo Danm!…

Please Gifty this is not Liberia where your mum grew up…This is Nigeria where a woman can only leave her husband for good or bad either by way of tradition through giving Dowry back by the Elders or Court dissolving the union via Divorce proceedings.

Please Be wise and say the truth before you loose everything including your new fans and be rest assured that my cousin Brother may not accept you back because you and your mother have crossed the line…and if you continue blackmailing or threatening him weather publicly with your so called Online PR Team or phone calls as you and your mum is doing at the moment, then I will be forced to release Audio and Video facts of all of these am saying because I know some of your likers will still blindly say these pictures below i took with my own camera during their traditional and white wedding and also when the couple were signing Marriage certificate were all photoshoped or you are been framed as usual…

So in absence of your next actions, I say May God help your mother to help you redirect your life positively before its too late since you both are inseparable. I believe you can also make it bigger with little or more morals like most of our Nigerian celebrities… GoodLuck

See photos below:

David and Gifty with David’s father, Professor Akumah (L) and Sam Egwu (R)

1. Odufa

March 1, 2017 at 1:01 am

Wow! Her fans will soon come out to cry hate. She will soon start claiming that domestic violence made her to deny the marriage. Lols, this girl doesn’t know how pretty and attractive she is, why the lies

2. marks

March 1, 2017 at 1:07 am

Oh. I thought I should do small gbeborun at work but obviously, Nigerians are sleeping now. No comment yet. I can’t wait to read the coment here tomorrow, They should just cancel those yeye reality tv games. How can a woman leave her matrimonial home for such rubbish?

• le coco

March 1, 2017 at 7:02 am

because a man dd the same ….

3. Abbie

March 1, 2017 at 1:13 am

Jeez! This gal is good! How can anyone still deny this? Lord ve mercy.

4. Ekene

March 1, 2017 at 1:19 am

Bikonu , unu enyekwana onye utara ojii ahu attention, Biko. Press control ignore !!!

5. adele

March 1, 2017 at 1:54 am

im not being rude but this girl is not as pretty as people make out to me ooooo

6. tgirl

March 1, 2017 at 1:57 am

if you are light skinned you are pretty according to nigerians

• Dayo

March 1, 2017 at 2:46 am

You mean “some” Nigerians? Anyway, you sound like a bitter person with a skin-tone complex, so I go leave you to go deal with your issues…

• Tgirl

March 1, 2017 at 3:59 am

Boy bye! I’m actually fair in completion I use Mac nw43 how about dah! How does that make me bitter! Hoeloshi…

• Jade

March 1, 2017 at 6:29 am

Unfortunately, it’s true. Why do you think Igbo girls think they are the prettiest because they are more of them lighter in complexion, many bleached too. Even if their head is shaped like a rectangle but light they be done delusional.
      Gifty the crafty

• yemirae

March 1, 2017 at 7:47 am

@ Jade, Igbo girls think they’re pretty? Igbo girls are pretty! Kill yourself, aunty bae.

• chiz

March 1, 2017 at 8:28 am

And who’s stopping you from thinking you’re the prettiest kwanu?

• Jade Edo babe

March 1, 2017 at 2:37 pm

@yemirae
      Lol Na you go kill yaself first. Your anger didn’t allow you to read well. I said, “prettiest” based on being light skinned. Abeg, beauty is not about being light.
      @chiz
      My sensible brain stops me from being delusional like you. I don’t go around thinking Edo girls are the prettiest bcos they are not just like Igbo girls are not. Get off your high drugs.

7. Me

March 1, 2017 at 2:41 am

‘Fake rumor’? that’s like saying ‘Hot fire’.

8. Zizi

March 1, 2017 at 2:46 am

2014 with this kind of wedding gown shows she was naive and she is a good girl gone bad. Either she is mislead by mom or friend as accused. I wedded 2012, at that time no babe wears jackect on wedding gown, they add detachable top not jacket, some would remove after wedding while some wears like that. I think she is been pushed by some set of family or friends, reminding her how beautiful and how far she could go alone if single. But my dear Gifty, i am not concluding yet, but if its true, pls no one makes it in life with ugly past, espcially if your husband is innocent. Past hurt. Akwuna na ebe akwa nwa na nka. Make a U turn now . Its still early. And you can still meet you milestone. Learn ftom Omo Sexy. Husband is never a barrier in pursuing your carrier or dream. Goodluck.

9. Dayo

March 1, 2017 at 3:04 am

Where does one start? The GHETTO wedding pictures in all its rachetness? The threat of traditional “curse”? The verbose family dissertation and crass name-dropping (complete with the honorifics of “Senator Dr. Gov” and “Rev Prof.”)? Anyway, dude, if the goal was to show that your family is supposedly better than Gifty’s, it achieved the OPPOSITE! Smdh

• Goz

March 1, 2017 at 7:03 am

Dayo if what gifty has done pleases may it be ur portion but if it does not i pray that God will not sllow such befall you

10. Dayo

March 1, 2017 at 3:07 am

@Paul, you sound like a small-minded (and likely small-cassaved) bigoted angel…

11. Jewel

March 1, 2017 at 3:41 am

Paul i knw a lot of yoruba women who married more than two times with kids for each of d husbands, i mean its typical of yoruba ppl… Wat will u call dat. Pls u cn actually drop ur comment without bringing in tribalism.. I tire for all this yoruba ppl

12. Buttercup

March 1, 2017 at 4:13 am

The way she craves ‘power and fame’ ehn. Any publicity is good publicity to her. I’m sure she will say the pictures were from a movie scene???

• le coco

March 1, 2017 at 11:30 am

shey she said that is her passion.. lool

13. Dhoney

March 1, 2017 at 4:50 am

……the truth remains “You can bring a lady out of the village not the village out of the lady “….I have said it times without number here that this Gift na local fowl aka Okuku Igbo. Trust the shallow babe, she will come out to deny this obvious truth. That’s the price the community pays when one of their loose women kept running after uneducated Lebanese contractors that showed up to do some hustling in the village.
    @Paul…I beg no bring that stuffs here….Ashewo dey everywhere including ya village.

14. Nelo

March 1, 2017 at 4:56 am

And you dont know any yoruba promiscous singlE or married girls? Lol

15. Esty

March 1, 2017 at 5:33 am

Paul Adeyemo, if you want to bring tribal sentiments to this, then I will tell you that Yoruba women are the worst of them all. Pls keep this post civil!

16. Esty

March 1, 2017 at 5:41 am

These loopers should let this girl be na…kini? Na by force to talk say ure married? If she had a terrible experience in the marriage and decides to keep it in the past nko? Doesn’t the so called cousin brother have a voice? #FreeGiftyPowers#FreeTheNigerianWomen#IalwaysStandwithGirls

• Anon for this

March 1, 2017 at 8:25 pm

I understand where she’s coming from not wanting to mention her marriage because I was married (low key registry wedding) for all of two months…lol… what I saw in there was terrible so I never mention it to anyone not because I’m hiding but because it is something I hate to remember.

17. joy

March 1, 2017 at 6:32 am

Gifty. She’s just a chip lier, gosh this girl can lie for world

18. katty

March 1, 2017 at 6:41 am

Paul stop being tribal.yorubas are fund of that.be a man and leave that talk 4 women

19. Nene

March 1, 2017 at 6:48 am

I remember her saying “im not married” it’s different from I’ve never been married” we know she lied a couple of times but it have do nah haba. Marriage may not have given her the satisfaction she craved and she has put it behind her, what if there was domestic or emotional abuse since she comes from a not so affluent background and her inlaws tried to intimidate her and her young mind couldn’t take it ? Next pls.

20. Dd

March 1, 2017 at 7:54 am

What Is wrong with you? Did you have to list their names? This is how people like you ruin marriages. This is very disrespectful and it is none of your business what they do with their lives. You just created an avenue for people to go check them out on social media. Ngwa clap for yourself

21. Spunky

March 1, 2017 at 7:59 am

Let the young lady be Biko. If she says it isn’t her, then it isn’ther…if she claim she isn’t married( with all these proof), then she isn’t married.

22. Yemisi

March 1, 2017 at 8:06 am

And you had to write their names. What a stupid thing to do.

23. Jo

March 1, 2017 at 8:09 am

Your point could have been made without mentioning their names. What purpose have you achieved by outing them?

24. Desco

March 1, 2017 at 9:17 am

Marriage is not for everyone, if she go tired and denied it who e concern. Pls you guys should let her be.

25. kay

March 1, 2017 at 9:21 am

she is obviously not married anymore..

26. funmilola

March 1, 2017 at 9:29 am

there’s nothing one will not see….

27. But why?

March 1, 2017 at 9:54 am

@Paul Adeyemo, why? why did you have to make this about tribe? Why?
    Please bow your head in shame for being an agent of division. I am not sure why you felt the need to this, because almost everyday here on BN there is one story or the other about cheating spouses from other tribes including your own and hardly do people make reference to their tribe but its an Igbo woman now and you begin to run your mouth, why? Why do you have a need to bad-mouth this one tribe? Why?

28. Ggurl

March 1, 2017 at 10:15 am

The girl is lying personified….jeez…even with so much proof….? Abeg you people should stop making her a celebrity of lie…mtcheeeeew..!!!

29. jenny

March 1, 2017 at 10:34 am

Some ppl can rashly generalize, IBO girls promiscuous? Smh. I wonder where u are from and if girls in that tribe are all saints and faithful

30. tgirl

March 1, 2017 at 10:34 am

bellanaija you guys are stupid i repeat stwepid for allowing these comment. I went on Facebook and they are res people… i thought the names was made up but it wasn’t pls delete this comment thank you

31. chique

March 1, 2017 at 10:38 am

Can you guys leave this girl alone. She’s not married. Period. Sha may have been before but not anymore. So the I am not married sentence is in the ‘present tense’ . I m sure she got no time to start explaining how she was married. had a bad experience. Broke up with the hubby blablabla
    Nigerians and poor comprehension skills

32. Mr E

March 1, 2017 at 10:41 am

I never like u since d very day I knew u were married u are such a big cheat and a liar for DAT matter u lie too much u are a disgrace to women haba how do u cope

33. Ogagan Blessing

March 1, 2017 at 11:12 am

Me i jus tire for this matter oooo. Gifty nobody will kill yhu if u tel d truth nd nobody will too when u re telling lies. Buf rader u re jus adding to the probl u re trying to avoid. Please enough of dis……Gifty dis Gifty dat. If she said she is not married, abeg leave her alone dats her own cross nd nt anyone. Bcus me i tire for evryday evidence nd she still dey denied. abeg jus kukuma let her be. Is Her Life

34. Onyie

March 1, 2017 at 12:05 pm

You are a very horrible person for stating names. You sound like you were very jealous of them in school cos it seems like you have kept up with their lives.

I know ify very well and this accusation of yours against her character is very wrong!

Bella can you please delete this comment? Biko

35. Rose

March 1, 2017 at 12:46 pm

These fame chasers need to leave God’s name out of their nonsense. Seriously.

36. "changing moniker"

March 1, 2017 at 5:50 pm

What was the comment that everyone is fuming about??
    I came late…

37. "changing moniker"

March 1, 2017 at 5:54 pm

but this is evidence….
    real, hard evidence.

38. tunmi

March 1, 2017 at 8:06 pm

I swear I want to manage these people, those who get even 5 seconds of fame in Naija. Our people consume gossip like nothing. Oya, quickly put a crew together and make a movie..make several, partner with other Z-list celebs. Get in the DMs of those celebs people love to hate. Madam quickly make your money oh

39. Obinna

March 2, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Its Never ok to humiliate or shame another human being and if gifty is guilty which I believe she is then her behaviour should not be applauded. Would ur response to her behaviour still be the same if u were in her husbands shoes? Think about it Dayo he is probably still hurting and must be horribly embarrassed so lets pray for them both

40. Julia

March 4, 2017 at 4:09 am

Woah… Miss Gifty,rather Mrs Gift pictures don’t lie.