News

I Regret taking Money from my Present Husband to File for Divorce from my Ex – Woman tells Court

39 year old Fadekemi is currently in court seeking divorce from her husband Adeleye over constant “beating and public disgrace”.

Fadekemi, who collected money from Adeleye a couple of years ago to file for divorce against her previous husband, told a Customary Court sitting in Aiyedun-Ekiti, in Ikole Local Government Area that she regrets divorcing her first husband.

The estranged wife, who said her husband, (the defendant) would flare-up at the slightest provocation; prayed the court to dissolve her 3-year old marriage.

“I regret that I took money from my present husband to file a divorce against my former husband. I have become a laughing stock in the area we live because of the beating and public disgrace,” she said.

She added that her neighbours have given her a name which means: ‘There is joy in beating’.

“My incumbent husband disgraces me in public, accusing me of having extra-marital affairs,” Fadekemi said.

The woman also prayed the court for custody of the only daughter, Precious Adeleye, produced by the union and an order of the court for the release of her property in the man’s house.

Adeleye, in his defence denied allegation of constant fighting between him and his wife as well as not caring for the family as claimed by the wife

He said that he was not interested in any divorce as he did not want his daughter to suffer despite his wife’s insisting that she was no longer interested in the union.

The court presided over by a three-man panel reminded Fadekemi of its earlier plea to her that she should allow for a peaceful and amicable settlement between her and her former husband.

It reminded her that she answered that she was blinded with love then for her new husband.

The court’s president, Yemisi Ojo, adjourned the case to March 27 for continuation of hearing.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime

1. Olu

March 13, 2017 at 7:09 pm

you took money from your husband to divorce your ex…..means you most likely cheated on your ex…..and now you complain about abuse.

..the grass aint always greener…..

• Mawi

March 13, 2017 at 7:49 pm

At least this one admits her mistakes. Others would simply play victim the entire time and act like angels while soliciting sympathy from outsiders; and the gullible ones would blindly support her without realising that many of these cry babies are wholly responsible for their predicaments. Yet they will never take responsibility nor admit where they got it wrong.

• Toluwalope

March 13, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Shot fired #Tontothings

• Bebe

March 13, 2017 at 10:17 pm

Really Maw???!!!!, nobody has the right to beat another. You should not always resort to physical violence anytime you are upset with another person. If the current husband does not trust her anymore he should separate or get a divorce. Nigerians need to understand that you have no right to lay a finger on another person. It is simply barbaric.

It does not matter what this woman did, if she is a horrible and untrustworthy wife, every religion and tradition that exists in Nigeria has a divorce option, follow the process and get a divorce. I just don’t understand how anyone can justify a person beating another, yet we throw our hands in the air in frustration when the Nigerian police and army beat or flog the civilians. It is the same thing.

This is also directed to Olu and their likes on this page…

• Simples

March 14, 2017 at 11:39 am

@Bebe All Mawi is saying that women should learn to take responsibility for their actions. simples

2. Paul Adeyemo

March 13, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Am so happy for this epic disgrace of this woman. Lol. Unfaithful whore

3. Cocolette

March 13, 2017 at 7:21 pm

*waiting for Chief, Paul Adeyemo, and maybe John* ????

• Nerve

March 13, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Chief will and must defend this woman o. He is now defendant of badly behaved women aka opios. He is now born again

• Cocolette

March 13, 2017 at 8:33 pm

Ah…there he is ☝?☝?Didn’t disappoint. Lol @ born again… maybe in the afterlife

4. john

March 13, 2017 at 8:14 pm

@mawi ..it is like u read my mind..u have said it all..and let me add , those that support her do so bcos they are like that too..that is why I will never never never take a woman version of event..God forbid

5. john

March 13, 2017 at 8:20 pm

things you should not do
    1) never believe any thing that comes out of the mouth of a woman
    2) never take another woman’s advice regarding your family especially when they gave you one of their most delusional statement that “You can do better” ( this has ruin a lot of women too)..they are like the empty drums that make the loudest noise

• Anon

March 13, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Because your mum, sisters and wife are stupid and liars, doesn’t mean that we are too

• OJ

March 13, 2017 at 11:39 pm

here goes the problem with u ladies here….must you take his opinion that personal to the point of bringing his family into it? una too dey vex yeye vex

6. Yummychickcummummy

March 13, 2017 at 10:07 pm

The grass at the other side is greener but sometimes fertilized with bullshit …. she didn’t look before she leaped again

7. mom of 3

March 13, 2017 at 10:41 pm

Very evil neighbours, lol. “There is joy in beating ” rotfl

8. OJ

March 13, 2017 at 11:05 pm

The BN ladies are not commenting on this…..WELL i think she is blindly in love with another man and now wants a divorce

if you leave this man, your next husband will beat you as well…LOL

9. Tee

March 14, 2017 at 8:12 am

The very reason I don’t want to get married again as the curtain on the present one draws in… I feel like its the same thing….I I am just better off alone.

• Tee

March 14, 2017 at 8:18 am

..didn’t get to finish..
      This one is so MEAN. So MEAN my heart breaks each time I think about all he has put me through….He just seats and strategizes on how best to humiliate me and cause me pain. He gets the kick from seeing me very sad. When I’m sad and showing it, his excitement is on another level…

• Bleed Blue

March 14, 2017 at 9:54 am

Oh wow! Sounds just awful.

I don’t know even what to say. How does one just take joy in another’s pain? Take heart darling. Happiness will come along, somehow, someway…

• Mawi

March 14, 2017 at 12:23 pm

He is toxic and no good then. Please for the sake of your sanity, keep a distance. No one is worth all these. Focus on the things that used to make u happy and slowly but surely, peace and joy will find their way back to you. There’s always morning after darkness, but u need to help yourself first. I wish you all the best. And remember, God loves you and is more than willing to have you close.

• Jamie

March 14, 2017 at 2:19 pm

@Tee, in a way, you are the enabler. If it is not physical violence, then you must also be strong emotionally to break his emotional abuse antics. Ask yourself, what is his hold on you? If you can identify it and deal with it, then you can be set free and turn the table on him.

You can signify if you want help in dealing with emotional or physical abuse.