Relationships

CEO of HotelsNG Mark Essien & Jenni Naiaretti had their White Wedding in Akwa Ibom over the Weekend!

BellaNaija.com

Last weekend, Mark Essien, Software Developer CEO and founder of HotelsNG – online hotel booking agency, got married to his beautiful bride and Lead Developer, Jenni Naiaretti at his hometown, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom.

Following their court wedding ceremony that took place in January, the white wedding was well attended by close family, business partners and friends who made their way to Akwa-Ibom in support of their friends.

Mark’s N3billion worth start-up, HotelsNG launched its online flight booking service; Travelfy just in time, for his wedding as this, helped take care of logistics concerns and stress of their guests, and friends who attended from over the world.

According to TechCityNG.com, the fun and the best part of the wedding plan was the fact that they had created a well-detailed fun-packed list of activities for all their guests to keep them entertained throughout the weekend.

Congratulations to the lovely couple.

1. adelegirl

April 10, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Congratulations to the Essiens! I love that they planned activities for their guests whilst in Akwa Ibom for the wedding. Hopefully, this would encourage more “staycation” weddings across Nigeria. Can you imagine a wedding set against the backdrop of the beautiful Kajuru Castle in Kaduna? The pictures would be so magical!

2. curious

April 10, 2017 at 4:22 pm

ive always been curious whats the relation of Ghana and folks from akwa ibom. I am just curious to know how we have same names . The name Essien ((eg Mark Essien you feature here) and the Attah (eg nollywood Pat Attah) are a very popular name in Ghana and I have always been curious of the ones in Nigeria, what is the meaning behind their name –

beautiful couple by the way

3. cocozee

April 10, 2017 at 4:38 pm

The world is indeed a small place. I have often had to wonder myself. Attah in Ghana means twins .its a name twins are called by even though they have their own names. Some Ghanaians claim to have originated from ile ife. I am sure that if we dig deeper, a link will be found.
    Some words in the ewe language of the Volta region of Ghana are the Same and have the same meaning with my mum’s language- owan/ora of Edo state.

• aj

April 10, 2017 at 11:51 pm

There is also a link between some cameroonians and efik/ibibio people. It makes me very curious about the link between West African people.

• misskay

April 11, 2017 at 11:53 am

considering the Efik/ Ibibio region of Nigeria is bordering Cameroon and a lot of the land in that area was under ICJ disputes, a few natives from both countries have had to be resettled I’m not surprised there will be similarities in customs and language

4. Osa

April 10, 2017 at 5:33 pm

im jealous of this couple. AAAARRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

5. Olori

April 10, 2017 at 6:31 pm

Jesus ooo! I was planning to marry this guy sha. Chai eeee. Kai. Just like that, kwa? Another dream gone. Congratulations to them o before u call me bad belle. I’m happy for you. Chai.

• Mahka

April 10, 2017 at 7:16 pm

You are already an olori na…lol
      Cute couple, congratulations.

• Olori

April 10, 2017 at 11:06 pm

LOL.

• Anne

April 11, 2017 at 12:49 am

Planning how. I thought the guy must show interest. God will give yours in Jesus name. You will not marry the one that is not interested in you o. That life is hell. Na you go de do everything yet his eyes go de somewhere. As you congratulated them for real, we will congratulate you too. Congrats to the couple.

• jibike

April 12, 2017 at 2:56 pm

lmao! me too!

6. Pelumi

April 10, 2017 at 8:23 pm

mschewww – i am going to unfriend him on Linkedin. Since he is taken
    What a waste of my time

7. LemmeRant

April 10, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Congrats Mr Mark Essien

8. aj

April 10, 2017 at 11:49 pm

awww lol so many broken hearts.. ema wa alright!

9. SpringForth

April 11, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Congratulations!
    The Ga people are originally from Ile Ife.