Scoop

“Never give up on your dreams” – Tania Omotayo’s Testimony about starting her own Clothing Line will Inspire You!

BellaNaija.com

When starting a new business, there are so many risk factors involved but the most important thing is to never give up on your dreams. That’s an important lesson that budding fashion entrepreneur Tania Omotayo learned recently.

She shared an inspiring piece on Instagram recently about the success of hosting her second pop up event after starting her clothing line just four months ago.

She wrote:

Testimony Time… I started Ziva 4 months ago, had my first pop up in December it was super successful and I sold out. I was so happy legit thought I had made it then the negative people started that oh it was just luck etc. So I was so nervous about the pop up yesterday, because it was going to determine if I was lucky or actually successful. I managed to convince myself that nobody would show up, and that I wouldn’t sell anything. That was the scariest thing ever because I made 3 times the amount of pieces I made the first time. I did that many because the aim this time was not to sell out in one day but to have things to sell to people that couldn’t make the pop up. I Started to imagine what I would do with all of those clothes if nobody bought it and drove myself crazy. And look at God we sold so much!!! Probably 70 percent of everything. Starting a clothing line has been a dream of mine since I was in university. I still cannot believe that I actually did it, and that it’s actually successful. Moral of my story is just NEVER give up on your dreams. Who would have thought little old me would have any of this? My family and friends are proud of me, and it is genuinely one of the greatest feelings in the world. My heart is so full of joy.

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/taniaomotayo

1. Ify o

April 19, 2017 at 9:10 am

Sweet heart your story is inspiring however such stories that come from people without a silver spoon seems more catchy and inspiring

2. remi

April 19, 2017 at 10:35 am

good that you left that good for nothing wizkid boy and channel your energy to something rewarding.

• Ben

April 19, 2017 at 11:45 am

Star boy good for nothing? Come on nah…. she did good, leave it at that.

• funmilola

April 19, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Na wa oooo!
      where did you see his name mentioned in the write up?
      some folks won’t just let some people shine without referring to their past.

3. mee

April 19, 2017 at 11:08 am

inspired?? lollll ok BN

4. demola

April 19, 2017 at 11:40 am

@remi i think its not right to cal wizkid good for nothing. The young man is doing good for himself, for Nigeria and Africa by extension. Nobody is beyond mistakes in life and for the kind of business or career he chose, things like what happened btw him and Tania is normal because of too much temptations on his side frm ladies. so we shouldnt make judgement base on what happened, it can happen to anybody that is in d limelight. we should thank God for this young lady becos she didnt allow wat happened to distract her from achieving her goals but dont forget that this same wizkid was d reason dat made majority of us including you know her. i still very much believe that they can still work things out btw themselves.

5. Tolulope

April 19, 2017 at 2:58 pm

I love that she followed her passion. I’m a fan however I’m always sad that literally the clothes always sell out so fast . As it helps for her she has a lot of celebrity friends that come to support her !!!! Anywho congrats Tania !!!

6. Sibo

April 19, 2017 at 6:42 pm

I love this girl because she respects herself. Non of that low level baby mama drama. Good on you Tania

7. L?VE

April 22, 2017 at 2:18 pm

I like the fact that she acknowledges her Source. He will supply your needs according to His Riches in Glory. Focus and forget irrelevant stuff. You go girl!!