News

Tragic! Police Stray Bullet Kills Woman at Onipanu Toll Gate in Lagos

A policeman stationed at Onipanu toll gate killed a mother who is said to be a trader at the location.

According to a twitter user @chydee, the officer fired his gun when a suspected yahoo boy tried to escape. A stray bullet killed her. Two others were also also hit by stray bullets.

An angry mob is looking for the officer that shot the woman who has been identified as Mama Ayo.

The officer has been identified as TBoy.

1. Fille

April 5, 2017 at 8:44 am

Oh no! I’m done with this jungle of a country! I just want to leave for a saner place. I mean when is all this going to be over??

RIP to the woman who was killed. They just rendered some children motherless. And I won’t be surprised if this case is swept under the carpet as usual. I really hope not though.

2. Blake

April 5, 2017 at 9:08 am

It’s so annoying! Now every young man is a yahoo boy, you use an iPhone or a car or even own a laptop makes you a yahoo boy? Do we even have a system that can speak for the youth…why would you even shoot at someone with no concrete evidence that he or she is a thief! I wept last night seeing this and just imagined that could be anyone I know…#SayNoToPoliceBrutality God help us in this frustrating country!

3. Arigbabusile

April 5, 2017 at 9:09 am

Must d idiotic police man fire shot if indeed those boys are yahoo and decided to run, afterall if u don’t arrest them at that moment there’s possibility you could round them up some other time. He has wasted someone else’s life and render her children motherless. How can a policeman be this callous because of d small change u wanted to collect. May God have mercy.

4. kay

April 5, 2017 at 9:20 am

What went through my mind was, what if there was no one to even bring this to light?, these police men wastes life daily and nothing is being done about it. Why open fire on a ”yahoo boy” in public or even at all, he didn’t attack you, he was trying to escape, why shoot at him? The police needs to be re-orientated on these things.

5. o

April 5, 2017 at 9:53 am

The average Nigerian policeman​ at roadblocks reeks of ogogoro. A lot of them drink at their duty post. And you still give these drunkards guns with live bullets?? Ppl that are hungry and frustrated and would kill for 20 naira??? Must every policeman carry guns? What happened to tasers? I tire.

May her soul rest in peace

6. yummymummycumchick

April 5, 2017 at 10:06 am

i think it is safe to say police are power drunk and they need psychological evaluation from time to time to know if they are fit to handle guns. any small thing na to fire .. british police dont use guns and they are highly efficient . and respected…… , naija my country, everything in this country is turning to a joke ! #nojustice #nohumanrespect rip to the woman …… may GOD take care of her kids.

7. keke driver

April 5, 2017 at 10:12 am

Definition of an average police officer: Untrained,poor, hungry, sad, angry, stupid, idiotic, foolish, wicked, uncivilised,….words fail me at this point…..I do not support jungle justice, but this time I wish they find Him and make His children fatherless also…Oniranu

8. gabriel akpan

April 5, 2017 at 11:04 am

oooh no tragic, its sad to hear, but come to think of it he wasnt going for the woman, he was after the yahoo boy, unfortunately he shoot the woman accidentally and not intensionally.
    please lets look at the other side of the story, let the Law be the Judge.

• Relevant

April 7, 2017 at 8:43 am

You must be stupid Gabriel, if na ur mama dem kill like that is that what you’ll say, mf