Scoop

Ubi Franklin Narrates Alleged Attack at Shopping Mall in Lekki

BellaNaija.com

CEO of Made Men Music Group, Ubi Franklin took to his Instagram page to narrate an ordeal that happened today at a popular mall in Lekki.

According to him, he was attacked with two knives by the owner of a furniture store after requesting for a service he paid for that wasn’t rendered, he also stated that if his cousin had not intervened when he did, he would have been seriously injured or worse.

He posted this photo with the caption below;

Earlier today I was at LIFEMATE furniture show room at the palms Lekki to enquire about a service I paid for that wasn’t attended to. I was then asked by a junior staff (Nigerian) to speak to his “OGA” (a Chinese man). The Chinese man paid me no attention when I approached him with my concerns, he rather walked away as I was still trying to make my concerns known to him. So I followed up to say his attitude was unacceptable and then proceeded to leave the shop since he wasn’t going to pay me any attention or courtesy as a returning customer. As I was walking out the door I heard someone scream, I turned my back, only for me to see the Chinese man running towards me with two knives. But for the quick intervention of my cousin the story would have been different.
I handed him over to the police who then transferred him to Maroko police station and he was asked why he wanted to stab me and he said Cos I said “see this Chinese man o”.
Anyways God got me covered Physically and spiritually ??????

Credit: @ubifranklintriplemg

1. O_o

May 9, 2017 at 10:49 pm

Seems there’s more to the story than what’s said. I’m guessing you used a derogatory word like “chinco” instead of ‘Chinese’ as you said here. Just a guess.

• Xoxo

May 9, 2017 at 10:59 pm

But did he(Ubi) tell you that he called the Oga a Chinese man?

Even if he did, does that justify why the Chinese man should attempt to kill him?

Even if you don’t like Ubi, haba! If something worse had happened you wouldn’t type that nonsense you just did.

• o

May 10, 2017 at 7:07 am

So calling someone​ chinco warrants being stabbed or killed???? Na wa oo.

2. Nakoms

May 9, 2017 at 11:10 pm

This is an attempt on his life for God’s sake! Nothing justifies it. Not even the scenario of calling him a chinco. How many Nigerians outside the country have attacked white persecutors on grounds of derogatory words.

Let’s not be quick to castigate our fellow Nigerians at every opportunity.

3. survivor

May 9, 2017 at 11:20 pm

Ok

4. Lacey

May 10, 2017 at 12:25 am

Chinese people have very short fused and highly temperamental!!! I hope they prosecute him for the nonsense he did! They don’t understand English, so everything is insult to them!!!

• Nito

May 10, 2017 at 12:58 pm

That is not my experience with them though, the ones I have interacted with were mainly reserved and amiable.

• Yecal

May 10, 2017 at 1:05 pm

This generalization of Chinese people is so wrong, when you say ‘everything is insult to them!!!’ because they don’t understand English, does that also include speaking Chinese? because Chinese is also part of everything too.

Yes, He should be persecuted for what he did.

5. MurdaSheWrote

May 10, 2017 at 12:59 am

There’s absolutely nothing wrong in saying “See this Chinese man o” Even if he said “See this Chinco o”. So? Does that warrant two knives. So if he had killed or hurt Ubi and gone to court, he will tell the judge that it is because of “See this Chinco o”. The man is depressed or something. He needs help. And he needs to be deported. Anumpama. Oniranu oshi.

• James

May 10, 2017 at 2:03 am

He can be deported only after serving time in Kirikiri. He should not he left off easily.

6. Ottawa Queen

May 10, 2017 at 2:35 am

Haha. I just had a vivid imagery of the Chinese man screaming and running with two knives in his hand. Well, what he did was very wrong, whatever the case; besides you don’t attack a customer. Even if a customer is aggressive and insults you, remember, THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!

• Dr. N

May 10, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Like seriously!
      I visualized Bruce Lee going “Auuuuu!”
      Lol

7. meninnist

May 10, 2017 at 3:06 am

Ubi you’re better than me, i would have hired local boys to come back, and kidnap him. Even if the ransom is paid, I would have made sure he’s released with a hand missing.

8. OD

May 10, 2017 at 4:27 pm

And what is he still doing in Nigeria? He should be deported immediately.

9. tunmi