News

Don’t Talk about My Wife – Amaechi tells Wike

BellaNaija.com

Rotimi Amaechi (Left) and Nyesom Wike

Former governor of Rivers state and incumbent Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi, at an inspection of the Kaduna Dry Port on Tuesday said that he will “bring to the focus,” the wife of his successor Nyesom Wike, “if he (Wike) doesn’t shut up his mouth,” Punch reports.

Wike had on Monday alleged that each Commissioner and Local Government Chairman in Rivers State paid Amaechi’s wife N3m and N2m monthly respectively.

When interviewed at the inspection and asked about his successor’s comments, Ameachi had replied,

“By accident of Goodluck Jonathan, I don’t want to attribute it to God, but by the accident of Jonathan, the man takes office and talks rubbish. My wife and family, including my younger brothers and sisters, no one had access to government when I was governor.

“Even as minister, nobody will have such because it is not a family business. It is government business. But the problem with Nyesom Wike, and I want you to state this if he doesn’t shut up his mouth and do his work I will bring his wife to the focus. You see I’ve been very matured not to talk about his wife.

“But if Wike does not close his mouth and talk about my wife anymore, I will bring out his wife. My wife will never do such, we don’t do family business. I care about transparency. My wife is a trader. She buys and sells and Wike knows that.”

When quizzed about another accusation made by Wike that Amaechi had squandered over N30bn belonging to Rivers State, Amaechi said:

“And you believe that? The man who says he has about $50m in Lagos and could not prove it is the same man you believe? The man who said I didn’t pay salaries until I left office and now he is saying no, it is pensioners that I didn’t pay. Do you believe such a man?

“Do you think such a man is well? You believe Nyesom Wike is well? First, he doesn’t know how to speak English, he is poorly dressed, he is a thug, and you bring me to focus with that kind of a man?”

1. Pedro mandala

June 20, 2017 at 11:34 pm

I love my life

2. nunulicious

June 21, 2017 at 1:44 am

coughing. Are these the people who want to do Biafra?

• Cocolette

June 21, 2017 at 2:29 am

Be sensible! What has this got to do with Biafra?! Did Amechi tell you he is a proponent of Biafra? Is he not Buhari’s stooge? Someone that is supposed to be in jail with Evans ???

• .........What Was I thinking?

June 21, 2017 at 5:14 pm

@Cocolette, I love you die. Lol Evans is reigning.

3. lolarae

June 21, 2017 at 3:02 am

@cocolette. he is not a buhari stooge

4. Lailatu

June 21, 2017 at 3:43 am

My oh my…. Ameachi fancies himself a sharp dresser that’s why he has an issue with Wike being poorly dressed. Lol

5. funmilola

June 21, 2017 at 6:40 am

Agbayas!

6. Duke

June 21, 2017 at 8:59 am

These two!! They both know what to say that will crash each others political career but won’t say it. This is all a game, they are still best of friends and will always meet secretly to laugh at the the stupidity of Rivers people who think they are enemies..Rivers youths be wise, no politician is worth dying for

7. Moniker

June 21, 2017 at 9:33 am

For the youths willing to die for these two, please comman die o. Let us know those who want to die for the right cause. As for Amaechi, you can continue running your mouth cause of the nature of this country. Your likes in sensible countries would have been an charge of food roaster in prison.
    Wike, rule you cannot. Amaechi is why you wanted to rule. You have the power, you can;t do jack.

8. Abominable snow girl

June 21, 2017 at 11:01 am

Men tattling like women. ?

• Sakura

June 21, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Ewo nne do not insult women abeg abeg ?

9. Jani

June 22, 2017 at 1:23 am

Amaechi is a liar and a thief. That his housemaid wife Judith scammed Rivers State government of hundreds of millions of dollars under the guise of nursery schools. Amaechi’s middle name is corruption. Lootimi and Juthief Amaechi.