The chocolaty flavour of this snack is what makes it extraordinary. We love chocolate and trust that we can never go wrong with it. This puff puff can be eaten as breakfast, snacks or appetisers. Make yours and enjoy the chocolate in every bite!
- 1 cup sugar
- 57 g unsalted butter
- 1 pc egg
- 4 cups plain flour
- 2-litre vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix the yeast, salt, ¾ cup of sugar and water. Set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter and milk in a microwave. Add the milk, melted butter and egg to the yeast. Add the cocoa powder and about 3½ cups of flour and mix thoroughly with hands. Allow the mixture to rise for about 2 hours.
- Place a large saucepan over low heat and pour the vegetable oil until it is about 5 centimetres high. Ensure the oil is hot if it is not hot the batter would sink to the bottom.
- Scoop little mixture at a time with hand or spoon into the hot oil. Using a spatula, sort the balls in the oil to prevent them from sticking to one another.
- Fry for few minutes until all sides are golden brown. Remove from hot oil and allow oil to drain off.