News

Dammy Krane’s Arrest: Family Releases Official Statement

BellaNaija.com

Singer Dammy Krane‘s sister Elizabeth Adeola Oshodi has released a statement on behalf of the family following the former’s arrest in Miami for Grand Theft and Credit Card Fraud.

Dammy Krane’s family members, have defended the “Amin” singer since his arrest on June 2, stating that he is innocent and only a victim of circumstances.

His mother Oluwakemi Oshodi had, in a Facebook post said: “Thank you God for your work and good name to my son. God I give you all the thanks on my children.”

PUNCH reported that an aunt of the singer, who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that the other person who he was arrested with – Ilochonwu Chukwuebuka – was the one who paid for the jet using fake/stolen credit cards.

“We don’t stay in the same state over here but Dammy came to visit me just last week. I got the news of his detention on the Internet just like everybody else. After making some calls, I was able to confirm that he was indeed arrested. He has been in the US for some time now and he has regularly been booked for shows all across America. The guy he was arrested with had actually booked him for a show this weekend in Miami. And he (Chukwuebuka) was the one that paid for the jet and made hotel reservations with the stolen card details.

You know it is a usual thing for show promoters to book flight tickets for artistes, so one cannot blame Dammy in this situation. A lawyer has already been contacted but unfortunately, Dammy would have to stay in jail till Monday when they would be able to go to court to perfect bail conditions,” the aunt stated.

Read the statement posted on Facebook below:

AND THIS SHALL PASS:
☆DAMMY KRANE’S FAMILY OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

As an artiste, promoters book your hotel stays and often buy your destination tickets. It’s never once crossed our hearts as a performing entertainment family, to have to verify that the sources of bookings are legitimate. And please, keep in mind that we’ve been in the industry for almost 15 years. Then came the unfortunate past Friday, when Dammy Krane got arrested trying to board a flight from Maimi to Washington: Maryland. His ticket and hotel bookings were fraudulently purchased by the next show promoter (s). And because of Dammy Krane’s fame, all accusatory hell, broke loose.
We thank God for His goodness and the great spirit of truth. He will have his day in court to clear his name. He will give his personal press release shortly l, however, have decided to speak up against insinuations of fraudulency and grand theft. Dammy is a true gentle and honest citizen of our planet, and remains a good ambassador for not just the music industry, but Nigeria as a whole.
I also will like to seize this rare opportunity to warn all promoters, entertainers, the music industry ,the performing arts world & all travel prone individuals to , from now on ;
1.) Buy your tickets yourself.
2.) Ensure by prior verification that your ticket and hotel reservations match the purchaser’s info.
How? By declining emergency arrangements that do not give up to 24 to 48 hours to allow you call the airlines and hotels for verifications. Remember to always give the option for promoters or show organizers to buy all bookings and must accompany with the booking profiles : the names used for bookings, and phone numbers must match your designated or named offers, or they will need to send the cash in their verifiable names to your business account.
It hurts so bad that fellow Nigerians will do such a damaging act to another, knowing that the repercussions could be so devastating. We are aware of the implications at hand and pray for your faith in our purity, even as we beg for your patience to let the law take its’ course, before jumping into unfair conclusions. We remain humbly grateful for all the innumerable support and overwhelming show of love to his family.
We thank you.
Elizabeth Adeola Oshodi for Dammy Krane’s family.

Photo Credit: Arrests.org

1. Mama

June 5, 2017 at 12:29 pm

It is ? % possible.
    I know a friend who used get guys in Europe to buy her cheap tickets some 10 years ago but she must travel on the day the ticket was bought… I thought this nonsense had stopped!!!
    What a shame! I hope he gets out okay.

2. Rain

June 5, 2017 at 12:34 pm

hes going to jail. he knew it was a fraudulent transaction. he can go and eat jollof rice on a private jet. Promoters neva bool private jet for big stars ………imagine this rubbish musician

• Lacey

June 5, 2017 at 1:21 pm

@ Rain, never let anyone buy tickets to fly for you!!! Most times people offer things that will put you in trouble without you knowing!!! It is very possible that this was what actually did happen? I am a very careful about anyone buying my tickets for me to travel, even agents!!! I don’t even use cheap flights sites!!! I buy directly from the airline and pay with my debit or credit card to avoid stories that touch!!!
      I have been following this story for the past days and the forensic investigative part of me kept restraining from concluding!!! Awon awoof and free loaders becauseful of deal that is too good to be true and ask questions!!!

• kellyfbaby

June 5, 2017 at 1:58 pm

“….Promoters neva bool private jet for big stars.”
      @Rain, said who??
      Years ago I worked for a show promoter. There was this time a known nigerian-UK promoter booked US singer Ginuwine to perform at a london event. From the flight to the hotel were booked using cloned credit card info purcahsed from a chinese website. Ginuwine eventually couldnt make the show though. The things these promoters get up to…..

• Osa

June 5, 2017 at 3:57 pm

I wonder o.
      Then pls where does johnson hunga come from? His sister and mum appear to have the same surname. Half siblings maybe?

3. Suga

June 5, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Ok ooo.Time Will tell and confirm the very truth from the lies!we are patiently following up on the matter!

4. tola

June 5, 2017 at 1:12 pm

he is innocent

5. Lacey

June 5, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Na wa for autocorrect sha!!!

6. Can you all shut up already.

June 5, 2017 at 1:33 pm

How come the guy who they claim committed the offence was granted bail while the victim is being held back. I beg, the guy was involved so its fien let him learn and not do it again no silly weak defence abeg.

7. T mama

June 5, 2017 at 2:14 pm

I am not defending him but I have been a victim of the flight ticket ish, an agent bought a ticket for me and I left Lagos to land at Frankfurt and connect to the U.S, it was when I was about to board the connecting flight at Frankfurt that I was asked to step aside, apparently it was discovered in Lagos but I was already on the plane to Frankfurt so nothing could be done at that time, so they waited for me to show up to board the connecting flight, the only thing that saved me that day was that I work for an international organization with the head office in the US and I have traveled a couple of times and more importantly i should say God was on my side so when I explained myself they reasoned with me that with my level i can’t be involved in such bad act but they insisted I buy a new ticket cos I can’t fly on the fraud again, so I lost a whole day as i couldn’t get a seat on the one I was supposed to fly with and I also had to buy the ticket at a very high price. When I called the agent to ask him why he did that he told me he got it from someone else as he was not able to do the booking himself and he didn’t know the guy did fraud. So it can happen to anyone, we all need to be careful and vigilant.

• am henrymonie

June 6, 2017 at 9:28 am

God bless you bro no one is perfect

8. Obileye Abolaji

June 5, 2017 at 2:41 pm

hmmmmm. the African mentality I’m conversant with is a patriotic lifestyle towards family members regardless of their behaviour either good or bad. The reality lives on – black people defense mechanism

• saide

June 5, 2017 at 2:59 pm

please what part of Africa are you from? Is it this Nigeria where a father will gladly disown his daughter if she gets pregnant? Y do you think homosexuality isnt the rave here, do you think its because their arent a lot of gay peeps?.Stereotyping is a much lesser evil than wrong stereotyping.I mean it is the whites “sef” that can kill for their family members!

9. Tee

June 5, 2017 at 2:54 pm

I am speaking for Chukwuebuka, if na true say he do am, I don’t believe his friend Dammy wasn’t in the know. Ebuka was born 1993 or so and Dammy is 1990, who be the music promoter. Hmmmn Ebuka biko say your own part. I’ve heard it all before. Aunty, you live in another state, if only you know what our youth are up to these days. I know go believe till Ebuka speaks.

• abby

June 5, 2017 at 4:14 pm

what has age got to do with this now? what kind of mugu analysis is this?

10. Spunky

June 5, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Story don dey change.

11. Smh

June 5, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Fa fa fa? FOUL!!!! They need to sit all the way down with this irresponsible bullshit. Trying to shift blame. Dammy Krane, how many hits do you have? How much are you worth? But you carried your two legs onto a private jet. Posing up and down. So what exactly did you think was going on? You are by no means an A-List celebrity so how did you reason that whatever profits from your show would not only off set the cost of all this luxury but also give this alleged promoter his own profit? Please go and sit down somewhere. You knew exactly what it was or you chose to be willfully ignorant. We weren’t with you eating Jollof rice on private jet and flexing for the gram so please serve your time in peace.

• MM

June 7, 2017 at 6:05 am

What is this need about this Jollof Rife on Chartered Jet

12. Ken

June 5, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Good argument but in the United States, the prosecutors handles things differently. Also to prove conspiracy, they only need to show explicit agreement between Daddy and his alleged c0-conspirator.which is not hard to do. Dammy also have a good argument provided he hasn’t been on more than 1 trip with this promoter and I hope the promoter is also doing this business lawfully. I wish Dammy good luck.

13. Dayo

June 5, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Okay, the explanation sounds meaningful. We wait.

14. The Americans Must be Stupid

June 5, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Imagine! They charged Dammy Krane (the innocent, according to this press release) with felony fraud (a serious crime) while the real criminal (Ebuka, according to this press release) was charged with a lesser crime(my presumption). Maybe Dammy didn’t bribe them as they wanted him to or maybe they were just beefing him because of his success. Either way sha, I’m very sure they do not know what they are doing over there in America.

If it was Nigerian police now, they would present the facts just as they did in the Baba Suwe missing drugs case.

15. missnk

June 5, 2017 at 9:37 pm

So what of the car theft and identity fraud? >_>

16. Ismail

June 6, 2017 at 12:14 am

Dis are d major prblm som ppl av in this contry “AMEBOR.com” instead of hustling for ur own survival na prsn Mata Una they pok nose even one say let wait and see. See what? His down fall? seems Una no get job mumu ppl it will be gud if u fit order for chair and table hmmm for proper gossip badbelle buy data for gossip wat a shame. Dammy I don’t no u oo but I pray God help u through dis amen maybe from hear u will no frnds and foes.

17. John

June 6, 2017 at 12:46 am

This na the major prblm we get for this country Amebor, lack of job if them sentence him will they pay Una for gossip well done imagine one was even saying let wait and see. See wat ? His down fall u suppose order for chair and table u don see season film make u follow well well OK mumu person abi the money Una government they embezzle no pass his own wetin Una do nothing. When them catch big thief’s u won’t hear a thing but when them catch small fish them go look for big knife and fryingpan to fry it what a shame. Me I wish the boy well cos we are already in corrupt world wear anything goes to survive hmmm see saints lol.

• IQ

June 6, 2017 at 3:11 am

God bless you my brother

18. John

June 6, 2017 at 12:51 am

Abi na jollof rice they vex some ppl?

19. Zack

June 6, 2017 at 12:35 pm

It is particularly difficult to come up with conclusions as regarding this Dammy Krane’s story. But like other people have said, some things are just fact. First of all, Dammy Krane is not an A-list artist, meaning that he most likely won’t be booked to fly on a private jet. Secondly, the manner in which he flaunted his supposedly affluence onboard the flight smacked of a naive young man whose maga had just paid. Suffice it to say that even the big boys of Nigerian entertainment don’t often fly private jets without their pockets feeling it, let alone little Dammy Krane. Ontop of that him come dey chop jollof rice, dey even snap am post for insta. Mtchew! I don vex sef. I’m outta here.

• MM

June 7, 2017 at 6:06 am

So you sef dey vex for the Jollof Rice eating on Private Jet

20. James

June 6, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Has anyone stop to think about the person who’s hard earned money was stolen by this lowley act? A crime is a crime. A hardworking man on some part of the globe is being robbed by some social media stunner looking to impress shallow people like himself. That’s something I can never condone. Imagine if someone did that with your ATM card. Private jet? This generation is just lost. Even nations sell off national private jets to cut cost. Our priorities are just twisted.

21. Ajayi Oluwabukola

June 6, 2017 at 10:47 pm

The story sounds real to me.