Music

“There was money, food, and roof over my head but I was deeply ‘out of order'” – Ubi Franklin on his Life in the Last one Year

BellaNaija.com

Ubi Franklin

Ubi Franklin, the CEO of Made Men Music Group shared his life-changing story via Instagram on Thursday.

He said he was sharing the testimony to encourage others going through the same experience.

In the series of posts, he mentioned how he was totally depressed and could neither eat nor sleep, how his son was what kept him every time he had suicidal thoughts and how he eventually overcame the challenge.

He posted:

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. Bennie Egbedinni

June 29, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Wow! am touched by this. Depression is real. Thank God for his mercies

2. Agu

June 29, 2017 at 2:19 pm

for some reason i kinda admire this guy fight to keep moving forward and progressing.

3. Abi

June 29, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Thank God for your life. God is good and despite all our shortcomings, He still loves us and draws us near like a prodigal child.

4. Kbear

June 29, 2017 at 2:21 pm

The Storm calmer…..Thank you.

• Ms B

June 29, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Love this. Storm calmer and true that is who God is.

5. Anon

June 29, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Ubi, you will be fine.

• Iyke

June 29, 2017 at 4:53 pm

I feel for you man because I know your kind…Beta Man.
      Divorce/breakups can be very traumatic especially if you are the one hurting.
      May God give you the wisdom not to fall for ladies who don’t like love….ladies who don’t love love but the flittery flirty feeling.
      Pls read ‘The Art Of Loving’ by Erich Fromm and be inspired.

6. BamBy

June 29, 2017 at 2:56 pm

You will indeed fine Ubi. All i see is a young who wanted a perfect married life. You will be fine and I hope you can let go of the hurt from the situation. e-Hugs

7. Kibeydine

June 29, 2017 at 2:58 pm

I feel you dear.Thank God for a new Dawn!

8. Old school

June 29, 2017 at 3:06 pm

Ubi I like that u are not afraid to be yourself. I pray ur wife finds it in her heart to forgive u. Thanks for sharing.

9. bee

June 29, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Beautiful! Word! On point may God bless you and all going tru any sort of Storm . This too shall pass

10. Ewa

June 29, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Ubi, God will never give you what you cannot deal with, this too will past in Jesus name. Give your self some sanity and stay off social media, may the Holy spirit give you the wisdom you desperately seek.

11. caramel chic

June 29, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Historically depression was called Melancholy. Great to see a Nigerian man being open about it. Some of the greatest preachers of the times went thorugh it. Charles Spurgeon aslo went through it.Many of us live with this in our lives. Whether its with our father or husband. When you see them depressed and in a sober state. Yet have managed to learn how to cover it and ‘mask’ on wherever thery go. May we all find healing. May we all be the shoulder of endurance for one another.

May we stop telling people to get over it and wake up. May we learn compassion in our society. Especially as we are one that has no patience or forgiveness for one another. However we must be careful that faith is not looked to as the genie that wipes all of our pain away. It is possible to be joyful and sad at the same time. Yet prayer is the gift that helps us to persevere rather than takes all the problems away. Life is ever present jus as ones faith is. Being a Christina doesn’t mean you ar ejumping for joy constantly. Its quiet hear and assurance that the lord is Soverign. Yet that is all you can stand on.

• Amaa

June 29, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Carmel Chic . You hit it right there .Charles Spurgeon did a good job in describing what it felt like. UBI Franklin get Charles Spurgeon’s books if you can you are not alone. I hope your wife sees your effort and accepts you back . I like the fact that there hasn’t been any bashing and mudslinging from either of you on SM. keep it that way please

12. Asa

June 29, 2017 at 3:28 pm

I feel so bad for him eh. I don’t know what he did to Lilian to make her leave but he seems to have taken her departure from his life rather badly. I wonder if it is something salvageable o. This is why marriage counselors are necessary, they kinda encourage you to try some more.

• caramel chic

June 29, 2017 at 6:58 pm

@Asa I think that is what we often get wrong. Not every individuals issue is regards to their significant other. Many of us are walking into marriages with deep deadly trauma. And a falsehood of what we really are. All marriage does is just expose it and leaves no room for it to be hidden. ~sigh

• mam

June 30, 2017 at 12:30 pm

he impregnated another woman,

13. keke driver

June 29, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Hmmmm It’s well

14. arthur

June 29, 2017 at 3:42 pm

True praying really works God s heals

15. Uloma

June 29, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Once again we see that we cannot live by what we see on Instagram. The Gucci items, fantastic house, beautiful cars, slay queens all around, parties, cocktails, red carpets, stunting in various nations, “jet set life” etc etc etc do not bring Joy. Joy is a personal decision and rests on God. Even marriage, engagement, push parties may not even bring joy. This Ubi’s story is so motivating. Each time I see him on Instagram I could tell as I know loads of us could. There was this night he was doing praise and worship from 12am till 1am think it might have been New year and I stayed up with him. My husband could not understand but I felt he needed company even if he did not know me. I then wrote a long note which I am sure he read and tossed aside as per there goes another crazy fan. Anyways, nobody has it all figured out. I am in my 40’s now and some of my young friends must think I have it all figured out but trust me, we all passed through the fire and are still dusting the soot. It is this God I worship that has me happy and content with that which I have. Young ones, everyone please be happy and content with the much you have. Remember what will be will always be! In God We Trust. Ubi someone out there thinks you are fantastic!

• caramel chic

June 29, 2017 at 11:59 pm

@Uloma thank you for sharing. I think one of the reasons many people find it hard to be happy is they are been told either by family or community that they are not enough. What they have is not enough. Hence the addiction to hustle and having more. There is this subtle narrative in our culture that you are not enough until you have money and things. Once you graduate you are killing yourself to find a top money job as everyone is expecting you to have the ‘perfect story. The idea that you have nothing but good health is not enough.’
      If we could learn to validate our story and chapter and learn to understand that life is a journey. Those things will come and they are not to validate my mere exsisitance , then maybe young people will not thirst for the shiny things.

• Uloma

June 30, 2017 at 1:56 am

@caramel chic you are so right and these voices need to be shut out! This race for survival and time lines others set for us is killing people. This is why we have to keep on talking. People have to know that who they are and what they have is enough. The past 6 months have been so revealing as some perfectly formed castles have shattered and this should be enough to open up the eyes of our young ones to the truth. We do not rejoice on the downfall of others but at least we see that there is no perfect story. God help us.

16. Ottawa Queen

June 29, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Really touching. Our God is so loving. Despite all our sins and mistakes, He’s ever ready to bring us back to light, unto the right track. God knows truly those who seek and love Him for whom he is not even for what we receive from Him. I’m happy God intervened in this situation. Ubi, ur son is a blessing to you. Cherish him always and be his role model.

17. x-factor

June 29, 2017 at 4:18 pm

Weldone brov for fighting this hard, you will surely fully EMERGE in Jesus name.
    Just a little though, it’s ok to pray depression out and i BELIEVE that God does answer prayers but if you can, it wont hurt to see an emotional therapist too.
    Keep winning!

18. Lliki

June 29, 2017 at 4:56 pm

May God continue to keep you strong Ubi Franklin! You are a success, keep soaring higher in excellence.
    You are a light to many, don’t allow the devil to dim your light.
    I love you from afar, keep being you.
    Never forget, when one door closes, God opens a better one for you. Be a good father to you son.

• Lliki

June 29, 2017 at 4:58 pm

BN, why is my comment always awaiting moderation? Please, fix it.

19. nyatichi

June 29, 2017 at 5:30 pm

God is in charge, and with God, all things are possible.

20. Ayaba

June 29, 2017 at 8:07 pm

If we ever stay true to ourselves,there’s a point in our lives when we will have to confront the demons that insist on destroying us.This fight will be great but the brave ones will fight for their lives,it will seem that the battle will consume you but never stop fighting till you win.Am still fighting mine and I pray I survive because am almost losing my mind because I’ve lost everything and I mean everything,at almost 30 my life has gone down before my eyes,I now lost my job like 2 weeks ago,but it still doesn’t change who God is and despite not having anything I still have life and a phone to read uplifting messages.Thank you ubi for this encouragement,in the end ull shine brighter than diamond and I’ll also shine 2and never stop fighting for your life.it is well

• caramel chic

June 30, 2017 at 12:04 am

@AYABA
      Hold on darling. one day at a time. Rememeber there is no shame in your journey. Thrive in your truth. Do not be captive by your own story. In all of your brokeness you are still wanted and you are still needed. Cast all of the burdens on to him. Praying for you.

21. LL

June 29, 2017 at 8:48 pm

This is one of the most touching posts I’ve seen on social media. And contrary to what a lot of people believe, I don’t think it had all to do with his wife. I believe it’s the kind of emptiness that comes with worldly success which opens you to the fact that there is more to life. It’s hard to have faith in such situations because the feeling is so intangible that you may feel God cannot understand. Thank God for healing. For everyone going through such, especially with these difficult times, God help us and help us grow through it. Because from this post, Ubi grew and is teaching us that we can grow past it.

22. missappleberry

June 30, 2017 at 9:28 am

Awwww….awesome testimony! I still remember that day in church. I also remember it was the period that lagos doctor jumped into 3MB lagoon because pastor Paul mentioned that story too and how a lot of people have become suicidal lately. I also remember after Pastor Paul finished preaching, he announced that if you have been feeling depressed or suicidal lately, that you should come to the altar unashamed because he wanted to pray for such people. I can still remember how nearly half of the church went to the altar. I was sitting just close to the aisle and I can remember when a guy passed me on his way back from the altar to his seat. I didn’t recognise who he was until after some minutes and realised it was Ubi! I remember saying to myself in shock, Ubi too? A whole lagos big boy and producer. Forgive my ignorance people. Just reading his testimony made me remember that sunday and I came to understand that depression does affect us all. It does not care about name, status, age or looks. I thank God for your life Ubi. Not everyone is this lucky. And i pray God meets most people suffering from depression at that point when they need him the most. Also God bless Pastor Paul too! That guy has been a blessing to lots of people’s lives
    I apologise if some folks find my write up intrusive or upsetting.

23. Ese

June 30, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Eyaa, really touching. GOD has healed you Ubi.

24. tunmi

July 1, 2017 at 1:56 am

Mental health is so important. Reach out to counselors, psychologist, and psychiatrist

25. Letty

July 2, 2017 at 5:34 am

The running theme here is that he is a victim, have you found out what he did to lilian that made her move out or what the issues were in the marriage…its nice he is remorseful but we haven’t heard from her. Sometimes when a woman takes a tough stance it becomes a wakeup call for the man or vice versa. To make a change for the better.

26. Theresa Doghor