Scoop

Family appreciates well-wishers following Halima Abubakar’s “complications from fibroid”

Family appreciates well-wishers following Halima Abubakar's "complications from fibroid"

A couple of months ago, actress Halima Abubakar shared details of a successful fibroid surgery she recently had in India and according to her, she spoke about it in a bid to encourage other people.

In a post on her Instagram on Monday, a statement by Isah Abubakar revealed that she is currently being treated after having “complications from fibroid”.

“On behalf of our big sister, we want to thank everyone who called, commented and prayed for her. We all are grateful. And to (Tonto Dikeh) for being a good friend and for always being there. And to her mentor and guidance The First Lady of Kogi state (Rashida Yahaya Bello) for being an example of love,and kindness towards our sister who had complications from fibroid.We love and pray for God to keep uplifting you for all you do for every one. For being a mother to our sister.Your kindness will never go in vain,” the statement said.

We pray for speedy recovery for the actress.

1. VivaMaria

July 18, 2017 at 9:01 am

Get well soon!!

2. nene+

July 18, 2017 at 9:34 am

I wish you an all round speedy recovery by Gods grace. Amen

3. Oyindee

July 18, 2017 at 10:22 am

I will put you in my prayers,but is only me that feels she needs to stay off social media abit…….

• Temi

July 18, 2017 at 10:50 am

She is not the one who posted oooo!!! It is her FAMILY! Read sis!!

4. Nini

July 18, 2017 at 10:43 am

Bad girls get pregnant: Good girls get Fibroid…

Does it mean Halima has been celibate.

Anyways, I wish her all the best and quickest recovery..Get well soon

• Baby gurl

July 18, 2017 at 8:34 pm

Yeah she said a couple years or so ago that she was going to be celibate till marriage. Wow is it really true that the celibate ones have higher chances of getting fibroid? That’s so scary. Get well soon Halima.

5. ButtercuP

July 18, 2017 at 11:07 am

Why did BN put complications from fibroid in quote? Or are you guys implying she had a botched cosmetic surgery and using fibroid as a cover up??? BN behave!!
    Wishing her a speedy recovery.

• Hmmn

July 18, 2017 at 12:13 pm

Tea and evil in the same serving. ?

6. Didi

July 18, 2017 at 12:49 pm

I would interpret the quote to mean; after going all the way to India for a fibroid operation, and it get complicated. Maybe they are reiterating that you don’t need to go all the way to India and spend thousands of dollars when we have good hospitals back home. I have heard many testimonies of women who did their surgery in the east and are healthy and living their life.

7. Victoria

July 18, 2017 at 12:51 pm

I had fibroids surgery done in Lagos this April . Fibroids of various sizes totalling 38 (thirty eight) were removed from my uterus. The largest was about 10cm. I was looking like a 7 month pregnant woman, pre-surgery. But, I was back to work less than 2 weeks after the large open myomectomy. My large abdominal scar reminds me daily of my ordeal I thank God for healing me – no complications! Fibroids are no good at all. Dear Halima, God will see you through. You will be made whole. Just keep eating friuts, vegetables, fish and beans, coupled with prayers. Take blood boosters too. I am also praying for you, love.

8. Fleur

July 18, 2017 at 1:07 pm

I don’t know when we can stop lying to the public. will be nice. In the pix Tonto posted she lost all her hair. That is the effect o f chemo for cancer. No amount of complication from normal fibroids will take your hair off. Now it is possible the found out she had cancerous fibroid tumors but why not say it or keep mum? I wish you well girl! Take vitamins and get rest.

• Anon

July 18, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Fleur – I won’t be quick to say this “That is the effect o f chemo for cancer.” Sweeping.

Hair loss can also result from an ” under-active thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) and systemic lupus erythematosus.”

I know someone who had total hair loss from dermatitis on the scalp.

• o

July 18, 2017 at 7:08 pm

I know someone who had radiotherapy to shrink fibroids before having the surgery to take it out. Met her when my mum was undergoing radiotherapy for breast CA. I’m not saying for sure but who knows if she was given some chemo drugs to shrink the fibroids?

9. AHeita

July 18, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Hilima do you believe in God? and if you do take your bible goole healing verse in the bible and meditate on them day and night, and believe that you are already healed, close your eyes see your self healthy and doing what you love most and confess it laod with your mouth and believe that it is done by Jesus who is your healer, try God and see his power manifesting in your life, we sarve a loving God , do not be afraid God is with you , you are never alone, and think positive no mater the appearance or whatever you feel, let love lead . let the bible be your friend.