Events

BN Red Carpet Fab: 2017 Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA)

BellaNaija.com

The highly anticipated 2017 Africa Movie Academy Awards held over the weekend on Saturday, June 15, 2017, in Lagos State and some of the best actors and actresses across the continent gathered at the Eko Hotel & Suites as their various works were celebrated.

The guests at the event included Somkele Idhalama, Bimbo Akintola, Beverly Naya, Daniel K. Daniel, Eunice Omole, Eyinna Nwigwe, John Okafor, Uzor Osimkpa, Udoka Oyeka, Gifty, Theresa Edem, Jennifer Eliogu, Ese, Bisola, Bally, Kemen, ThinTallTony amongst others.

BN brought you the first photos (click here if you missed it) and now it’s time to see all the Fab red carpet looks from your fave stars.

Up Close

Daniel Ufeh Abua

Twice as Nice

Emeka & Jumai Ossai

Photo Credit: Insigna Media

1. chu-chu

July 18, 2017 at 10:50 am

Bally na wa o. Is this a suit or suiteeey? see the jump up pants!

• chu-chu

July 18, 2017 at 10:50 am

*pant

2. lollly

July 18, 2017 at 10:59 am

Funke Adesiyan!!!! haba

3. Zee

July 18, 2017 at 11:21 am

Na wa oh……..the men looked better than the women! All I see are tired now worn out books n bad make up. Even somkele looked terrible n stuffed.

• Zee

July 18, 2017 at 11:22 am

*boobs*

4. marlee

July 18, 2017 at 11:27 am

hot hot mess . pleez, this is rubbish. Mo looks ok.

5. Fra

July 18, 2017 at 11:33 am

The photography was terrible. Bella Naija please stick with your usual red carpet photographer. We can tell this is not him.

6. nene

July 18, 2017 at 11:34 am

somkele is too extra. she looks like an old tranny in this outfit

• Anon

July 18, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Ahhhh nene, you don’t joke. One thing though, trannies/drag queens love their high hair/bee hive hair do. I just remembered Patrick Swayze (RIP) in “Tu Won Fu” and RuPaul was a fan of the bee hive back then.

I like Somkele Idhalama but I don’t like this look.

7. keke driver

July 18, 2017 at 11:36 am

Eunice Omole, Gifty Powers, Thando Maseko… y’all just defined the word “Horrible”

Your “i stand out” section? oh lawd!

Baba Tee biko fire your TAILOR!!!

• mr. x

July 18, 2017 at 1:10 pm

EUnice …if she had her way she would have show more…nice advert though…at least now i know who she is…

8. Tutu

July 18, 2017 at 11:50 am

the absolute worst! eyesore!!!

9. Lady d

July 18, 2017 at 12:03 pm

Pls how old is gifty powers ? She looks so worn out and old .

10. Missy

July 18, 2017 at 12:05 pm

OMG ?????
    This is terrible. So many misses. Our Nigerian celebrities have a long long way to go. I’m officially heartbroken.

11. December Wind

July 18, 2017 at 12:41 pm

Hilda Dokubo for the win! Beverly Naya tickled my fancy ! Slimplicity is key! Simplicity is golden! Simplicity Is the truth! In other words, Less is more !

To the the rest of y’all , thanks for coming ! Rather than rant , I’ve chosen to encourage y’all . We can fix this ! Oh yes we can ! Red carpet in Nigeria? Hell yeah we will get there ! There’s great room for improvement! I believe we have what it takes , I’m very hopeful !

There’d be more red carpets events to attend but when in doubt, always remember, simplicity is life!

12. Jay j

July 18, 2017 at 12:47 pm

But what’s going on here ? Are they auctioning boobs in this event?

Like seriously that is supposed to be sexy ??? Okay shoot me already.

13. ***

July 18, 2017 at 1:09 pm

-Bukky ogunyemi, beverly naya, bisola aiyeola and bimbo akintola did well
    -Uzor osimkpa you have a lovely dress but it appears too big for you and you look so skinny, malnourished and emaciated
    – somkele I alread said it, the blend and mixes on this dress stripped it of its elegance…the design would have probably worked if the dress was monochrome… make-up made you look middle-aged
    – tosin odunfa looks untidy and unkempt as usual and kemen’s outfit is just not appropriate… the rest of them men looked handsome
    – I finally learn papa ajasco real name…lol

• ***

July 18, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Gosh! Errors!
      – somkele I alredy**
      – I finally learnt**

14. Oyindee

July 18, 2017 at 1:10 pm

I don’t know why i was laughing has i was scrolling through the pictures,Infact one aunty”s paent was almost on display….Thank you Beverly Naya for making sure i don’t waste my MB as innnnn i just had to shop and stare at your pics for a bit……That Ass is as cute as a button(No Homo)

15. Juliana

July 18, 2017 at 1:27 pm

100 scoops of Enyinna Nwigwe for me please!!! Baby dada of life! #TooMuchMan

16. Erica

July 18, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Interesting. A film awards. We hear more about outfits than film. Not even outfits of the filmmakers.

17. Ottawa Queen

July 18, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Gifty. . .SMH! That make-up ruined your look seriously.

18. Anon

July 18, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Gosh! This is one of the worst red carpet events I have seen in a while.

Somkele Idhalama – no please and not with that hairstyle.

Eunice Omole – so high a slit. Zoomers will zoom and see her pubic area.

Mo Abudu looked nice. I would have gone without the neck piece.

Emeka & Jumai Ossai – the sun is outside.

Nasty looking boobfest.

19. Anon

July 18, 2017 at 4:04 pm

love how bellanaija added “fab’ to the heading so your hopes are raised, and you click, only to see…………….

20. aja

July 18, 2017 at 4:04 pm

beverly naya was hands down the best dressed here!!!!!

21. Concerned_Boyfriend

July 18, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Suit Up section was an absolute disaster!.

22. Renelle

July 18, 2017 at 5:21 pm

If you look at South African red carpets and just events in general they always ooze class, I wonder why Nigeria has refused to ja. Maybe it’s the climatic difference o I don’t know. We need to ask them to borrow us some juice, haba!

23. The queen

July 18, 2017 at 5:22 pm

All I see is Beverly naya. Girl, you fine. She reeks of class and style.

That mamacita in silver dress, silver shoes and silver purse, also does it for me. girl, you’re beautiful.

Eyinna ???

24. Hotchick

July 18, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Dress ko, dress ni. my own is (in my village voice) “I want to do wig for sale.” Braid, all types of exotic hair, lace front and back, plus kinky — all join! Ahaha,. issa a billion naira business oh this wig/hair of a thing. Chai!!!!!!!!

25. dhoney

July 19, 2017 at 5:14 am

see Gift like villaghe winch ahahah. Women..women..women foundation enhanced beauty. I bet most of these women will be unrecognizable without these layers. Men here so natural..!

26. titi

July 19, 2017 at 7:21 am

Bisola dress from Payporte…

• kem kem

July 20, 2017 at 10:14 am

I’m in tears bruh!!! evilsss

27. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

July 19, 2017 at 9:58 am

I like the pictures

They all look good, from Somkele, Funke Adesiyan, Beverly Naya, Beverly Osu, Chioma Ude to all of them, the males and females

Did you see Sonia Ogbonna’s flat stomach?

Jennifer Eliogu’s nice footwear?

Nice pictures,

28. Seyi pearl

July 20, 2017 at 7:18 am

@eunice, ki lo sele? hian!
    @woleojo….. nice one.
    @gifty, that makeup tho……choi!