Scoop

She’s back like she never left! Omotola Jalade Ekeinde’s latest Film “Alter Ego” Premieres July 7

Veteran Nollywood actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde who has entertained us for many decades, so her three years hiatus has not gone unnoticed.

According to her, for a long time, she couldn’t find a script that challenged and resonated with her until Alter Ego; the new movie which will premiere this Friday and make its cinema debut on July 21.

Every year you have someone asking me, “Omotola are you not doing movies again? Why are you not in movies?” but I said to myself until I find that project. It doesn’t have to be a multi-million naira project, but when I find that movie, that setup, that character that inspires me, I don’t mind even investing in it, but I will do it.

And luckily, after three years or more, “Alter Ego” came along. I had to work with them on the script, but that was something there. I saw a crew for the first time. In a long time I haven’t seen that in Nollywood, everybody is kind of like set in their ways. But I saw these guys who are ready to just push boundaries, and I am ready with them.

Now that she is back with the much talked about Alter Ego movie, we can’t help but wonder what this comeback will be like.

Watch the trailer for Alter Ego

1. Christian Sister

July 5, 2017 at 12:56 pm

I really like the poster. Omotola is a great actress. This would be something

2. keke driver

July 5, 2017 at 1:14 pm

It’s Nollywood, BN stop over hyping it jare…….It’s Nollywood!!!!!!!!!

• Temi

July 5, 2017 at 1:22 pm

And if it is Nollywood so????? Does that mean it does not deserve hype. I am sure you have not even seen the trailer. How are we supposed to grow if we don’t support our own movies? And I am not talking about blind supporting of bad movies; what I mean is at least watch the movie first before you have something to say!!!!

3. isaobi

July 5, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Welcome back, Omotola. She is really back. Alta Ego movie opens this weekend, she also features prominently in Kunle Afolayan’s movie , The Tribunal, opening at the cinemas on the 28th July. She has a lot of works to promote and showcase. Busy season. Really back.

4. Lady d

July 5, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Nigeria movies for me are no no , from the poster I already have a little idea of the kind of movie its going to be! She works as a lawyer in the day time and does prostitution at night.and I can tell its a ripe off of a Hollywood movie.

• DatEnuguChic

July 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm

you got that wrong!

• Abolade Fabunmi

July 5, 2017 at 10:56 pm

You are very right Lady d. There was this America Movie title( CALL GIRL) The lady was Doctor and at same time a Call girl. SO , i think this Omotola (Alter ego) thing is a replica of that movie…

5. Bolaji

July 5, 2017 at 6:00 pm

well once we see what she calls challenging, we will know the bar she sets for herself…. so far the leading ladies have disappointed when they come out with pet projects.

Genevieve – Road to Yesterday.. nah
    Dakore – Isoken – nah
    Omoni – Wives on Strike, Okafors Law – nah nah
    Ireti – Wedding Party – nah
    Nse, Dakore, Ireti, Omoni – Fifty – nah, nah, nah, nah
    Genevieve, Omotola – Ije – not so bad but the filmmaker has not made another film
    Green White Green – the international world loves it, it is not in Nigerian cinema but has no leading Nollywood people so we do not know.

Omotola – we are waiting.
    Kate Henshaw, Uru, Uche …… any plans for THAT movie?

after all of these years, Nollywood has to get better.

• Janee

July 5, 2017 at 7:08 pm

Bimbo Akintola- 93 days- yes yes yes
      Rita Dominic- 76- yes yes yes

6. sammyTheSilentBellaReader

July 5, 2017 at 7:10 pm

i guess shez a beyonce fan,bcus dis poster has the beyonce sasha fierce era written allover it,am anticipating it sha

7. Bubu

July 5, 2017 at 9:03 pm

I really hope this story line isn’t something I’ve seen in a Hollywood movie.

8. C

July 6, 2017 at 12:33 am

@Bubu or in a novel.

9. Letty

July 6, 2017 at 5:07 am

Omotola the most overhyped and manufactured actress in nija…poor acting skills. Nigerians just love her because she is young married and has 4 kids….all these overhyped movies are all nahs according to bolaji….please remove uche jumbo from the list you are waiting for she is the worst actress in nollywood….making faces, grimacing and shouting masqueraded as acting to compensate for the lack of skills…please give ms Bimbo akintola and we can talk…

10. Bee

July 6, 2017 at 10:49 am

Thank you Letty, there is nothing more for me to add…………….

11. Bolaji

July 6, 2017 at 11:31 pm

@Janee, did we watch the same 76?

Forgot about that one….

Rita Dominic, 76, nah!
    Bimbo, Somkele, 93 days, nah!
    Adesua, Somkele, Wedding Party, Arbitration, nah!

Who will break the cycle?

12. Chyke

July 7, 2017 at 12:20 am

As far as I’m concerned… .
    Bimbo Akintola in 93 days… Yes

Rita Dominic in 76…yes. overrated shit of a movie but Rita’s performance was good.

Adesuwa Etomi in practically everything she’s done… Nah. The girl can’t act.

Genevieve Nnaji in Road to yesterday… Yes. I loved the twists in the movie n Genevieve’s performance was believable. The movie was far better than 76 but critics won’t agree Since 76 had a periodic setting.

Ireti Doyle in everything she’s done since her return… .nah