Scoop

Ghanaian star Joselyn Dumas covers SCHICK Magazine’s Latest Issue

BellaNaija.com

SCHICK Magazine is back with its second issue following a successful debut. The quarterly publication for smart, stylish and successful African women, features Ghanaian TV host and Actress Joselyn Dumas on the cover of the Summer edition.

Joselyn opens up exclusively to SCHICK about self-love, female empowerment, and her transformational fitness journey. The cover star also gives insight into her significant role in the forward motion of female emancipation with her new initiative, 10,000 Steps.

Read excerpts of her interview below

On weight loss & fit being fashionable: I feel healthier and I love it. I’m in tune with my body. People confuse feeling healthy with looking the “right” size or having the perfectly placed curves.  Weight loss definitely gives you the latter but the health advantage of being fit is the ultimate goal. Women are seeking knowledge; more women are aware of the reasons that healthy living is important. Being fit is now fashionable. West African women are learning the importance of moderation.

On self-love & female empowerment: Women need to appreciate themselves more, love themselves even more. A woman that loves herself knows that regardless of her skin color, weight or height, she is beautiful with greatness dwelling in her belly. I loved myself enough to realize that even though I shouldn’t be judged by my weight, obesity wasn’t allowing me to perform optimally

On her 10,000 steps Initiative: 60% of women in the world struggle with their body image. Most women are preoccupied with either being too fat or too thin. The goal of my 10,000 steps initiative is to help as many women as possible realize that everyone is beautiful in their vessel, and the most important thing is to stay healthy and fit. We can’t all be skinny, we can’t all be fat, but we can all be healthy.

Click here for more

1. na so

August 18, 2017 at 10:55 am

there’s something dull about this cover…she looks aged. just an observation.

• Tikka Masala

August 18, 2017 at 11:59 am

Very dull and very meh.

• Bolaji

August 18, 2017 at 5:11 pm

@Na So, everyone ages. If you do not, why don’t you post a pick and your secrets to eternal youth so Joselyn can copy!

2. capt. Jack

August 18, 2017 at 11:47 am

love her to death, but someone needs to go back to the drawing board on what do with the beautiful ms dumas……boring cover

3. Joke

August 18, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Yaaasss! Joselyn looks incredible. Why is she in boxing gloves? I want to know more

• Homa

August 18, 2017 at 11:50 pm

I think the shoot depicts her fitness journey

4. kachi

August 18, 2017 at 12:19 pm

Ahn ahn.. schick are not playing ooo… Loving this cover!!

5. Lola

August 18, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Love this cover it epitomizes power and beauty , well done Schick !

6. Eng. Cynthia

August 18, 2017 at 1:06 pm

WOW! I’ve never seen Joselyn like this… looking all sexy look at that cleavage. where can we buy the mag?

7. crinklesss

August 18, 2017 at 1:13 pm

the cover is definitely different and embodies her fitness lifestyle… can’t wait to see what else is in the magazine

8. amaka

August 18, 2017 at 1:33 pm

I’ve been waiting for this mag since rita’s own!! Simi Esiri is quietly changing the game one cover at a time…. I’ve been following the journey since fashion week last yr and through her stories on social media. the girl is quiet ooo but she knows her stuff. congrats!

9. bidemi

August 18, 2017 at 1:56 pm

@na so @ tikka @capt are you kidding me? how can you say this cover is dull/boring? kai then what will you say about the bellos on tw magazine? abeg Nigerians just love to hate then you will all be rushing to buy it. don’t understand why we can’t support our own. Good effort schick

• Bolaji

August 18, 2017 at 5:10 pm

@Bidemi, technically she is not Nigerian so she is not our own 🙂

10. kike

August 18, 2017 at 2:44 pm

me I like oooo! it’s making sense. Joselyn is smoking hot! Ghana’s sweetheart

11. Sul

August 18, 2017 at 3:01 pm

No need to generalise now. Nigerians dis Nigerians dat! Ha’an! Abi are u not seeing d positive comments dat some other Nigerians made??.. As fr d negative comments, .it is their opinion, u dont hav to like it. Kai!

12. Nea

August 18, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Something with that WIG….

13. Dolapo

August 18, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Omo this babe is fire on this cover! She’s serving and slaying at the same time. Can’t wait to read her story! Schick is pushing through

14. Dupe

August 18, 2017 at 6:28 pm

I love this cover!

15. fafa

August 18, 2017 at 9:10 pm

i love that Simi Esiri is doing something different. I’m an avid magazine reader. I harass my folks in the UK and US for ID, Fader, Dazed and co. Glad to finally fall in love with a Nigerian mag. Debut issue was good. Looking forward to this. Ms Dumas is a bombshell. Thanks Schick.

16. bob

August 19, 2017 at 1:38 pm

i love schick, i love ms. dumas. i hope it will be selling in ghana

17. lola

August 19, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Joselyn is a fresh face from the regular celebrities we see.. no shade but we have heard almost everyone else’s story so I’m happy Simi and the team went in a totally different and unusual angle with a Ghanaian celebrity. Everything here is working for me. let’s hope the content matches up though!

18. Chioma