News

Toke Makinwa is giving N3m to 4 people for her #OnBecomingEmpowered campaign

BellaNaija.com

Media personality Toke Makinwa has just announced on her Instagram page that she has kickstarted a new campaign called “OnBecomingEmpowered“.

She also revealed that through this newly launched campaign she will be giving out the sum of 3 million naira to 4 people.

She wrote:

This project is very close to my heart ❤️ thank you Jesus for the vision. Sooooo I’m sure a lot of you have wondered what #OnBecomingEmpowered is all about, go to my YouTube page (bio in my link) and watch this weeks Vlog. I am giving out 3 million Naira to 4 people. It is my own little way of saying thank you, it is also a call to action to get our minds thinking right. #Imusthavemyown because life can happen at anytime and I have seen things change overnight, from losing my parents at the age of 8 to going thru the most heartbreaking divorce at 30! I keep thinking what if?

What if I didn’t have a job, a dream, purpose…etc. We all must be prepared. It breaks my heart to see people on social media daily in need and I can’t reach everyone. I feel a of people feel stuck and in order to become some more, we must empower our minds. It’s not about the money, it’s about impacting lives and this year we will start with business ideas, next it’ll be education. I truly want those who genuinely need the money to win the grant so do a one min video with your ideas and make it creative. Have fun with it as it’s going to be a fun process so get your videos up and tag @onbecomingbytokemakinwa, the best videos will be uploaded there and we can can all choose together who makes it to the next round. More info will be released as we go along! Good luck guys?

Watch her video below

A post shared by Toke Makinwa (@tokemakinwa) on

1. Anon

August 17, 2017 at 4:18 pm

Lmaoo this babe will not stop until she has given enough BN readers a good heart attack. This will actually kill Letty ?

• ***

August 17, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Lol… I don’t think letty ever commented on her financial prowess, its just her frivolous habits and redundant mostly childish relationship counselling… as usual nigerians always equate substance to money

• FasholasLover

August 17, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Lol. It’s dinner time & l can imagine the food going the wrong way on some folks.
      Good one TokStaRR. Unfortunately, some will bash her and still apply for consideration. To thyself be true.. In that Buhari economy, may the best pitch win.

2. Asma'u Alfa

August 17, 2017 at 4:27 pm

U know what.., u guys are just reaching out to people around you if not just around Lagos. We [northerners] don’t benefit from any of these things u do.., yet we are your ardent admirers and lovers, we don’t hate nor envy, nor try to compare ourselves.., we just Love. And u Just do stuffs like that within yourselves… Not good!
    If only this post goes any way ?

• Biker Chic

August 17, 2017 at 9:27 pm

What cheap stuff are you high on? This is Social media. The internet? Free for every and anybody? What is this Northern vs others bull crap? My friend, apply if you have the guts. It’s open to everybody.

• Nuna

August 18, 2017 at 8:16 am

Nobody owes you anything!

• nene

August 18, 2017 at 5:28 pm

ask your governors for all the money bill gates sends over there.

3. i must talk

August 17, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Toke, for giving back to the society, You shall know no lack! erm, those that will die of heart attack, should please do so without further delay and peacefully..

4. Xplorenollywood.com

August 17, 2017 at 5:10 pm

Nice one… Watch this series on DSTV Cleveland Hustle, it is produced by Lebron James as a way of giving back. So are people expected to pitch an idea that they need funding for or what? Although the investors in the show are looking to make their money back, but i believe the idea behind it will be awesome for Toke to adopt. Go through the process of hearing the pitch, give them promotion advice and then give them 750k to go and multiply. Well done Missy and all the best on this.

5. timmy

August 17, 2017 at 5:44 pm

osheyyyy

6. Patty boo

August 17, 2017 at 11:31 pm

Oya o! Where are all those my peeps always tlkn about what they ate whenever Tee’s name is mentioned ????? SHINE ONE GIRL… I’m rolling with all d positivity you hv to offer

7. Chinny

August 17, 2017 at 11:45 pm

Toke is everything Nigerian women don’t want other Nigerian women to be
    Breaking boundaries and cultures
    No husband but happy and successful
    Ah, how is she balling without marriage? The holy grail of Nigeria?
    Living luxuriously.
    Media mogul plus author
    So many want to remind her of her little failures
    But she won. She has won. Case closed.

– I don’t agree with almost all her vlogs but, I like that she is.

• Nuna

August 18, 2017 at 8:17 am

God! This is so true

8. Mrs chidukane

August 18, 2017 at 1:02 am

Lovely. All those girls who are always begging on her page should go and apply. So shameful.

9. critique

August 18, 2017 at 5:48 am

pretty sure some company is sponsoring the actual cash, and it’s not her personal wealth.

ps… just stating opinion o. please comment on the content itself. no need for personal attacks on me, esp since you all have no clue who i am. 🙂 thanks

• ejiro

August 18, 2017 at 1:26 pm

When you say things that call for attack and not expect an attack. #smhfunnypipo

10. Dee

August 18, 2017 at 8:21 am

Great job Tokstarrr!

11. precious

August 18, 2017 at 9:33 am

women have to come together to uphold their fellow women, sometimes in life all you need is goo women around you to help you grow and get out of situations that are difficullt.. WELDONE TOKS

12. The Style Aide

August 18, 2017 at 10:06 am

Please why can’t it be her personal money?

• emaa

August 18, 2017 at 12:07 pm

please help me ask them

13. 3ples

August 18, 2017 at 1:52 pm

“Women need other women. We wither in isolation; we blossom with nourishing friendships” – BRENDA HUNTER. I am not a Toke fan but we women need to learn to uplift each other, that’s why the world is still “dominated” by men, they always have each others’ backs….

14. Alarm