Style

BN Beauty: Uwani Aliyu relaxes Natural Hair after 6 Years!

BellaNaija.com

Beauty vlogger and natural hair enthusiast Uwani Aliyu after six years of being a naturalista decided to relax her hair.

She says for a long time, her hair stopped growing and some parts of the hair got damaged.

Uwani just wants to change up her look for now and plans to transition back. She takes us along with her as she goes to the salon.

It’s a very emotional one for her as she has put in a lot of effort throughout her 6-year natural hair journey.

Watch

1. #Proudnigerian

August 28, 2017 at 7:58 pm

I give mine seven years . If the thing refuses to grow I cannot come and go and come again and kill myself. It’s not do or die?

2. Jhoci

August 28, 2017 at 8:25 pm

I relaxed mine after three years but regretted it. Did the big chop again and now I’m almost two years in..

3. Lilo

August 28, 2017 at 9:22 pm

I am a naturalista, 5 years strong and I’ll tell you this journey is not for the feeble-minded. So if relaxer is what makes you Gucci, by all means

4. Roberta

August 28, 2017 at 9:40 pm

My hair needs Jesus abeg
    5yrs don Waka e still never grow NE?????

5. Marie Antoinette

August 28, 2017 at 10:32 pm

Omg! Doppelgänger alert! Uwani looks so much like Aisha Dee of The Bold Type, same smile, expressions…wow!

6. Anita

August 29, 2017 at 9:07 am

16 years natural now and over the years whenever I wanted to switch it up, I would cut it all off and start over. Even though I have waist length dreadlocks now, I have never felt that you have to have long hair to have fun with your hair. And I concern that as black women we spend so much time worrying about hair growth and buy 50 million products that promise to grow your hair, usually to no avail.

Hair length is a function primarily of genetics and followed distantly by diet. If your hair is not “growing” just leave it and enjoy it as it is and stop comparing the length to other people’s. Na so God make you and there’s nothing wrong with that abeg.

I strongly believe more women would have a more positive hair/natural hair experience if they just chilled out more.

7. Mexxy

September 2, 2017 at 11:15 pm

Oct 24 makes 7 years of going natural, and I feel like my hair hasn’t grown since year 4. I mean, the hair Don tire me, Most especially the fact that I have the 4C coarse hair. The only reason I am still sticking to it is because of school. I mean, na wig person go wear for life?