Music

“Bank Alert” was my first solo music video – Paul Okoye of P-Square

BellaNaija.com

"Bank Alert" was my first solo music video - Paul Okoye of P-Square - BellaNaijaPaul Okoye, one-half of estranged duo P-Square has revealed that “Bank Alert” was his first solo single.

Paul, who is currently in the studio making new music, wrote on his Twitter:

I made a serious mistake last year, the day I was shooting my first ever solo music video “bank alert” #regret. I won’t be deceived dis time.

See the tweet below:

1. Ukpabi Ijeoma Sunday

October 3, 2017 at 11:54 am

Bros u need 2 wake up, nothing like family

2. Hadassah

October 3, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Looking back at that video, I think it was Paul that sang all the solos, and d artists under his record featured in the video too, he just might be right
    But enough of this social media war, u guys are not just siblings you are twins!!!
    You can do your own thing but no need to drag the other person,

• Angela

October 3, 2017 at 1:53 pm

Sang all the solos and so he will have a great solo career? Music isnot black and white. Robbie Williams broke out of Take That where he was hardly singing solos and became a worldwide sensation. Paul is not likeable, neither is he inventive. Going around mudsliding and discreding your twin to look important. What a brat.

• FasholasLover

October 3, 2017 at 3:30 pm

@Angela spot on. Paul comes across as arrogant and very unlikeable and Jude? Evil, Evil, Evil. Shamelessly living off his brothers. All his posts comes from a very deep bitter place. I like Peter. The word on the street is that he is the better twin.

3. Oma

October 3, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Can you please grow up and stop all these social media shenanigans? Whatever happened to Bro code

4. nnenne

October 3, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Do your thing Paul!
    You have not spoken much during this trying time. Don’t start now.

5. Moniker

October 3, 2017 at 1:02 pm

At some point, we have stopped caring what you do or didn’t. STFU and let the music and posterity speak.

6. Frida

October 3, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Dear Peter and Paul, the only way either of you can prove that you’re worthy solo artistes is to release a BOMB solo album or at least single.

And not by these childish instagram/twitter shades/tirades or by showing yourselves on social media performing PSQUARE songs solo.

Actions speak louder than words.

Pls do us all a favor and keep silent until you do the suggested needful. Thank you.

7. Angela

October 3, 2017 at 1:45 pm

This egoist is hardly the likeable and accessible of the twin and he thinks his singing and writing prowess is soley responsible for the Psquare success. What an entitled, ignorant, egoist dude. Fly away Paul. I hope that twin brother of yours makes it, even though he’s an ignorant, egoistic fellow like you, because you seem to discredit his contrIbutton to the Psquare success.

• Joy

October 4, 2017 at 12:00 am

Why are you bitter. Were you paid? Awwwwwww…. something must be wrong somewhere….Shame on you! Watch him make it!!!!!

8. Awesome

October 3, 2017 at 2:45 pm

This whole thing don tire me slf. I actually clicked to comment in support of Paul.
    But then I changed my mind.
    FIRST, I am a huge fan of PeterSquare, he use to be the ONLY MUSICIAN (capitalized) that I used to follow on I. G until of recent when Kiss Daniel caught my heart.
    But right now, I have lost my respect for PETER and I am forced to support PAUL after evaluation of everything, coz I think PETER overdo is too much.
    So, Mr PAUL, even though, l am not a big fan, I RESPECT you. Please, don’t come low to Peter’s level to start acting childish like him. Please bro, whatever transpired between you and your brother, just keep it private. That’s called maturity. Don’t bother telling us how you are the brain behind everything Psquare. Trust me, no one is going to hand you a Grammy for that.
    IN summary, since you to have refused to listen to the plea of concerned fans and reconcile, the much you can do is to keep quiet, stop this social media drama and shades, and move on with your lives separately…!!!
    Honestly, this una quarrel dey pepper me for body ooo, but l no fit come to dey take panadol for another person headache !

9. Twins have emotions too

October 3, 2017 at 3:46 pm

One is personable,charismatic,egoistic,and quick tempered ,the other is introspective,reserved ,vindictive and vengeful,both are childish .
    i am.NOT a fan of Psquare,but after the brouhaha,i went to their pages and saw the savage below the belt punches Paul has been throwing. Even me wey no be Peter,the thing pain me,guess he is paying back for Peter making their family feud public. Na Peter the thing go pain pass last, i do not want to ever offend someone like Paul. He will quietly plan the revenge and execute it i hope they can still salvage the trust and love remaining and stop this nonsense before they turn to Cain and Abel,or Esau and Jacob. So much for twins,God help me with my own boys,.

10. corolla

October 3, 2017 at 4:30 pm

LOL! Comic relief. They should keep it coming. Awon alainikanse.

11. john

October 3, 2017 at 4:43 pm

It was obvious even on nobody ugly song..ironically, the way peter was behaving and insulting jude by calling him names (like I am the boss., ure the servant..sit down,ure nothing, I made u) u will think peter is the main man…..make lola go produce and write for him..arrogant pencil..the funny part is that after all I love my wife bla bla shenanigans
    ….tomorrow now they will divorce…abeg paul carry on, ure talent will speak for u ,not instagram and twitter attention…rooting for u…the only real looser is that new artist that u signed ( he was supposed to be featured in that song until peter cunningly came back and hijacked it…..anyway leason learnt

12. Ela

October 4, 2017 at 7:20 am

Maybe… But every time I’ve watched a psquare song I did it for the moves. Same reason I watch Dbanj and Chris Brown. They’re not famous for being the best singers. Beyond singing there’s many other things that make me laugh and I want to see. They keep us entertained.

Songwriters are a dime a dozen, but personality? That’s rare. Peter had that. He made the team a success. Whatever you do it would be ignorant of you not to acknowledge that.

Best wishes to you both.

13. judith

October 4, 2017 at 8:19 am

Dis is sad, it’s painful but guys u need to be move on. D drama is ok biko. Channel your energy into making good music for your fans. No need for all these, blood I thicker Dan water anyday anytime.