Scoop

“I’d fight to clear myself of being called a wife beater” – Emeka Ike

BellaNaija.com

My children are scared of my wife - Emeka Ike

Emeka Ike

Nollywood actor Emeka Ike has said that he’ll fight, with everything he has, to clear his himself of the wife beater image his ex wife has labelled him, as he isn’t one.

He said this while speaking to Punch, adding that his divorce is illegal, as neither him nor his lawyer was at the court to sign the divorce papers.

He said:

The court dissolved my marriage illegally; I want people to get it right.

For you to dissolve a marriage, the man and his lawyer must be present in court to sign some documents. Ask them, was either my lawyer or myself present in court on that day? Is it possible to say the marriage has been dissolved?

My wife says that I am a wifebeater but the same woman two years ago in church during counselling, wrote it down that I am a caring man who is selfless and loves his family. She wrote that I love her and my lawyer still has the written note. She made this statement at The Redeemed Assemblies of God church in Magodo, Lagos. Can I possess all these and still beat my wife?

Six months later, she began to sing another tune and I know she was advised by some people that it was the only way to leave the marriage.

As to why he has refused to sign the divorce papers, Emeka Ike said:

The reason why I have not signed the papers is because of the blackmail involved and my name that has been tarnished. She is spoiling my name; I would fight to clear myself of being called a wife beater with everything I have.

I hate being referred to as a wife-beater because I am not one. Any man that does that does not deserve to be called a father or a man because you are stronger than the woman,

He said his children are scared of his ex wife, their mother, and do not want to see her.

My children do not want to see their mother. When my daughter heard she would be taken to Lagos to be with her mother, she was crying profusely because she did not want to go to meet her. The children are scared of her.

People have been asking me how my children have been coping with this whole drama but the truth is that they don’t want to see her. If you threaten our daughter that she would go to Lagos to meet her mother, she would cry and do everything you want her to do in the house just because she doesn’t want to see her.

Now my children are suffering emotionally, I even had to pay their matron double the money she asked for to make my children comfortable so they don’t really miss their mother.

I am not happy that my daughter does not have a role model. The children are really irritated by their mother. I have a lot of evidence of child abuse against her but I am waiting for the right time to arrest her. Even in court, her son testified against her.

She has tried to use the press against me by saying that I am a wife-beater but I have never touched her in my life. This is a real story and not a joke.

Her best TV station is the criminal investigation channel; she stays up till 4am to watch the channel for over five years. At first, I used to enjoy watching it with her. She watched the programmes about women who killed their husbands, children, relatives. How would you wake up by 4am and not see your wife on the bed only to go downstairs and see her watching that station as if she is taking notes. I had to ask her if she wanted to kill somebody with the way she watched the station but she just switched off the television, went to her room and slept.

This is the story of my life. This is a woman whom I brought out of a one room apartment she was living with her mother, the other room was covered with zinc but I built a two-bedroomed apartment for them.

I went to her village and built a three-bedroomed apartment for her. I trained her from secondary school to Master’s degree level. Is this how she is supposed to pay me back?

No one is looking at all this but they would go online to say that I am bitter. Some men suffer like me but they died for nothing. That is why I dedicated my award to all the men that lost their lives to the women they loved.

Concerning the photo of him and a South African lady he is rumoured to be dating circulating the internet, Emeka Ike said:

People saw a picture of me and a lady together and they have already begun to conclude different things.

Love is not a public thing but a private matter, however, the lady I was pictured with is truly a South African and also of a German descent but she is my friend and we took pictures.

People should leave it like that. When I want to get married again, everyone would know and that is if there will be anything like that. But at the moment, the lady is just my friend.

1. Still on this matter?

October 15, 2017 at 3:48 am

My guy you are sad and pathetic. This is the mother of your children for goodness sake. The court records indicate that you beat her. You hit her so hard she saw stars. Keeping her away from her children will not help you. They will go and look for their mother when they are older and the truth will be revealed. Useless man.

• john

October 15, 2017 at 7:56 am

go and give that advice to the likes of tonto dike , you frustrated hypocritical women…oh I forget u guys are the ones that defend tonto… majority of the women here are embittered dried up husks who having lost on everything life has to offer turn around to play d victim game n convince other women to follow dia lonely lost n ultimately unfulfilling path!!!!

2. Ayi

October 15, 2017 at 4:33 am

:Her best TV station is the criminal investigation channel; she stays up till 4am to watch the channel for over five years. At first, I used to enjoy watching it with her. She watched the programmes about women who killed their husbands, children, relatives”.
    AGBAYA. How did his ex wife manage to stay with this animal for years?

• californiabawlar

October 15, 2017 at 6:12 am

Lmao!! God forbid I marry an animal like this oh! That’s how my love for shows like Snapped will now be used against me?! Chai!

Emeka Ike is nothing to write home about…. nada.

• Baba

October 15, 2017 at 8:19 am

This man talks like a child.But really,i love these foreign crime programmes and how criminals are caught.But,guess what?my daughterss get a glimpse of it sometimes and she asked last week if i planned to kill mummy and them as I am always watching these programmes. I laughed but was pained…..can’t someone watch programme in peace again!!!!!!

3. Linda

October 15, 2017 at 8:14 am

Between this idiot, Tonto Dikeh and Jim Iyke who constantly insults people on his ig page, like a b*tch, I don’t know has worse mental problems.. He’s sick. I am glad the wife left but I am pissed off the judge gave him custody. He’s mentally challenged. How was anyone married to this. My goodness

4. Ada

October 15, 2017 at 10:01 am

Is Emeka just realising that the court had dissolved his marriage? He claims he wants to clear his name yet he is speaking Ill of his ex wife. Is he out for revenge? His close friends should sit him down and advise him to keep his divorce out of the media. Chris Attoh and Damilola Adegbite got divorced, no one knew until some weeks back.

5. Jo

October 15, 2017 at 11:59 am

You should debrief your lawyer immediately because he has advised you wrongly. You don’t sign divorce papers before a dissolution of marriage can be granted. What do you even mean by divorce papers? Do you mean the response to the petition your wife filed. Just so you know, a dissolution of marriage can be granted where the other party fails to be show up and before that, the judge must satisfy him/herself that the other party has been served/notified and refuses to show up.

6. joy

October 15, 2017 at 11:40 pm

Emeka, you are really sounding so bittered! I love watching this same crime station just like many investigative films. It doesn’t mean she want to kill anyone. She wrote good things about you during counseling, it’s obvious things changed between you too that ur union got soured. I’d advise you minimize how u talk on this so u won’t kill your image the more. Allow the kids see their mum. They can only be scared based on what they were told or saw which they won’t really understand now. U too could have calmed down and sorted things out but u both just blew things out of proportion. There is nothing like “Peace”. Just find one for your heart and be happy with any situation. Daalu!

7. Letty

October 16, 2017 at 2:04 am

I cant believe chris attoh and damilola are divorced. Such a nice looking couple. Marriage is very hard work and young ppl don’t get it. It’s not about slaying on the wedding day.

Emeka obviously wants his wife back but insulting her in public is not the solution. Ppl are just going mad in Nigeria

8. bee

October 16, 2017 at 11:49 am

Emeka has plenty issues. the earlier he knows it the better. Emeka i know has anger issues and he needs to address it

9. Revook

October 16, 2017 at 1:34 pm

His constant rants prove he was an abusive jerk.
    The ex-wife hasn’t said pim at any time, but he’s constantly whining and throwing stones at her.
    God only knows what she endured to make her flee for her life.
    Everyone knows how notoriously bad-tempered he is, so all this one na long grammar.

10. Weezy

October 16, 2017 at 7:10 pm

I am not a wife beater or abuser, BUT

I will never divorce her!
    She is not a role model for my daughter!
    She wanted to kill me!
    She was NOTHING when I met her
    She is crazy and a list!!
    By the way, did I mention I will never NEVER divorce my crazy, lying wife?

Sicko.

11. Weezy

October 16, 2017 at 7:10 pm

*a liar.

12. seriously

October 16, 2017 at 7:49 pm

This man implicates himself everytime he opens his mouth to speak. Just the way he’s going about it is vindictive. It says a lot about his character. He’s an angry man, and if anyone including his ex-wife upset him, he will beat them to pieces.